Chapter 21: Again

Yoonhye's P.O.V.

Does this means...that the Kim Yoonhye that I heard Luhan, Sehun talked about...is actually me? Chen's girlfriend?

"You're kidding, right?" I asked, looking at him. Myungsoo just shook his head slightly and said, "I'm not."

"But...why my surname before is Kim?"

"You were being taken into the house only when you're twelve. That time, your surname is Kim. Your mother was your father's other woman. You were always with your mother, following her surname, until when she passed away when you're twelve years old, your father brought you into the mansion."

"You moved out from the mansion with the help of your brother, Taemin when you're fifteen. That is the year when we started to be together, until the incident five years ago."

"The incident... you meant by...I am being shot?"

"Yes." He nodded.

He might be lying about something. I remembered the story that the ahjussi in the bookstore told me. I remembered reading the article saying that Chen had a girlfriend named Kim Yoonhye and she is the same person that the ahjussi told me.

If it's really like that, then what I can conclude is...one of them is lying. I don't think that Chen is, as a lot of them, Chen's friends talked about her, even Yoojin.

But the person here, Kim Myungsoo, is someone who knows about my past, willing to tell me, and someone that I could trust right now. Should I trust him, knowing that he might be lying?

But why? What is the reason that he is lying towards me?

--

It's just like a dream, a long dream. Long enough for me to remember everything. I was totally shocked with the outcome, the things that I know in the dream. The things that I learnt in the dream.

To my expectation, Myungsoo is lying.

Why is he claiming himself as my boyfriend, when our relationship is actually based on a contract between him and my father? I wanted to find out about the reasons. I want to know why.

I have the urge to go back to South Korea now, but I want to stay here to find out why.

People say that you'll only realize how important a person is when he or she is gone. I guess...it is true.

My dream, I didn't dream about the past. I just remembered everything, going back to normal, when I woke up. The dreamt...it suddenly made me realized, how important he is, to me.

I dreamt about Chen. About him passing away. I woke up with tears, and I couldn't even stop myself from crying when thinking back of the dream, after I woke up.

"Yoonhye, you should come out and have breakfast." I heard Myungsoo called from outside. I looked towards the clock hanging on the wall. Isn't it nine in the morning? He isn't going to work yet?

I got down from the bed and went out, after tidy up the bed. Myungsoo was sitting in the couch, with his usual suit, reading newspaper.

"You aren't going to work yet?" I asked, sitting down beside the dining table.

"I'm not rushing." He said without looking up. He then stood up from the couch and sat down in front of me.

"Have you recalled back any memories?" He asked, looking at me. I looked at him for a while, and then shook my head slightly.

He sighed. "Yoonhye, I wish that you could remember, but I wish that you can't too." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked, frowned.