Chapter 18: They Are

Yoonhye's P.O.V.

"Phew, that was close." I placed my hands over my heart and mumbled to myself. I couldn't just tell Chen that I just used him to escape from my father's people, isn't it?

Earlier in the studio, the reason why I suddenly kissed him is because my father's people were searching for me. They wanted to bring me back home, locking me up there.

Even though the Kim's had rejected the engagement, but father wouldn't let me go. I don't know the reasons why he always wanted me to stop working for SM Entertainment as Chen's assistant.

I couldn't find Taemin for almost two weeks already. His phone was shut down and he's not going to the company to work. I wonder where he had been. I called back to the mansion for a few times but the maids there told me that Taemin never went back at all.

I went back into my room and plopped down on my bed. I shut my eyes and thought of someone that I had met recently.

His name is Kim Myungsoo. He told me that he knew me before. He told me that he know who I really am. He even showed me some pictures of us, claiming that he is my boyfriend.

It's hard for me to believe someone, but I am really curious about my past.

He said that if I want to know about my past, I can follow him to Japan, as he lives there. I wanted to wait for Taemin's response, if he knows who the Myungsoo is.

I don't know how long have I been lying in the bed, until I heard loud knocks coming from the door. I jumped up from the bed and went to open the door. I opened the door and revealed Chen who was still in his earlier outfit.

He smiled slightly as soon as he saw me. "Can I come in?"

I turned around and checked on the time. "But it's one in the midnight now. I need to sleep."

"I have a few words. Only a few. It wouldn't take a long time."

I hesitated for a while and said, "Alright."

As I turned around, I felt him hugged me from behind. He placed his chin on my shoulders and mumbled, "Please...let me hug you for a while."

I don't know how long it is that we actually stayed like this. Maybe around five minutes, I guess. Sometimes, I really don't know what he is thinking about. He said that he loves me, but I don't know, if it's just because I actually look exactly like his ex-girlfriend.

People make mistakes. He might just think that he loves me, because I look exactly like his ex-girlfriend. I still remember what Yoojin told me last time. He wished that I can help him to move on.

But the problem now is, I don't even know if he had move on or not. It could also be that he doesn't really like me.

"I've received a letter from her." He suddenly said, releasing me from the hug.

"Who?"

"Yoonhye. What I mean is, my previous girlfriend." He held my hands and said, "Come on, let's go in."

"Do you believe in doppelganger?" He asked, as we sat down in the couch. I've lost count how many times had he asked me about this question.

I just shook my head. He chuckled and said, "I don't believe in that too." He leaned forward slightly and moved nearer to me. "But there wouldn't be two people who looks alike, isn't it?" He smiled a bit and asked.

I slightly bit my lips, not knowing what to answer. He leaned down and pecked my lips. "Yoonhye, I hope that you'll believe in me. I love you because you are you, not because you look like her."