Chapter 28

Lucy's POV

I was sorting out my supplies when I found a picture from long ago, inserted in one of my journals. I stare at the picture while walking towards the sofa at the living room.

"I was really happy back then." I don't even know why I kept this picture until now. Everything changed that day. Everything went into ruins in a blink of an eye. I've change a lot since then.

"Yo! Lucy! I bought some ingredients!" I was startled when Natsu suddenly popped out of nowhere. I immediately hid the picture at my back and place it inside the sofa.

"Ah! That's great, you can just put it in the kitchen---- " I stop realizing that Natsu is in my house "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE?!!" I said and throw a pillow at his face

"You said you're going to cook and I'm here to study." He said lifting the plastic bags he's carrying.

"That's not what I meant! How did you get in? I didn't open the door for you!"

"I know your pin number." He said smiling

"How did you get my pin number huh?!" I asked with a death glare lifting his collars up

"I've memorize the sound of your pin."

"How is that even possible? Every number has the same sound." I said

"Nope! It's too low in pitch that's why you didn't notice it. I have a great sense of hearing you know." I just give up. It's no use arguing with him. I turn my back on him and walk to the kitchen. I'll just change it later.

"No use changing it. I'll just memorize it over again." Are you a mind reader now?

I've cook our dinner and he's just watching me along the way. He doesn't even take notes. Can he really memorize every step in cooking? I'll just pray for him kitchen the next time he cooks. He might just burn it again.

"You're really great at cooking! Who taught you how to cook?" he asked. I put the ladle down on the pot and started chopping some potatoes.

"I learned it myself." I said cheaply

"You're amazing. I kinda envy you." He said.

"Don't be. We all have our own specialty. I bet you have skills I don't have." I said

"I don't particularly have a special trait or skills but I'm a fast learner though. Does that count?"

"Well you can say that." I can't believe Natsu is a fast learner. He's really a genius. I can't even believe I'm saying these things about him. I mean he doesn't look that smart though.

"Since you're a fast learner, go and watch tv in the living room." I said

"O-Okay." He said not even sure if he'll follow.

Natsu's POV

I think Lucy is almost done in cooking that's why she made me watch tv here in her living room. I seated at the sofa but I can't find the remote. I search the place but I can't find it.

"Lucy! Where is your remote?" I asked

"It's there in the sofa." She yelled from the kitchen

"But it's not in here." I said and begun searching in between spaces of the sofa

"Found it." I said as pull it out. "Huh? What's this?" I pulled out another thing. A picture?

I seated properly as I stare at that picture. It's a picture of Lucy on her graduation during middle school. It was a picture of her and Jellal and another man in front of their school. Who is this blond guy? They all look happy together resting their arms to each other.

I shifted my eyes on Lucy's face. It's a different smile she's putting up. I never see her smile like this before. I don't care who this person is but I want to bring this smile back on her face again.

"Natsu." I turned my head and Lucy is standing behind me

"Oh-ah! Lucy I'm sorry! I found this while looking for the remote-" I said handing the picture to her

"If you're wondering who this guy is, he's Sting, my childhood friend." She said and went to her room with the picture. I get up and followed her.

"Where is he now?" I asked

"Natsu, there are things better left unsaid. Let's go to the dining room and eat." She said walking pass by me.

Why is she being so mysterious? I want to know her more. I want to know her better. But how can I do that when she wouldn't even let me.

---

to be continued...