six

When I got home Matt was in his room. He was sitting on his bed with his face in his hands. I sighed and walked in to his room. He looked up at me and I looked down.

"What do you want" he said with a big attitude.

"I'm sorry about Grayson, but it wasn't what it looked like. Luke hit me, and I didn't know what to do so I just went to his house. I wasn't thinking clearly. I'm sorry."

He stood up and his expression turned from annoyed to angry real quick.

"He hit you?? Why wouldn't you ever tell me? Ella you can't let a guy do that to you. You don't deserve that!" He said getting his jacket on.

I sighed. "Where are you going?"

"To give him what he deserves. He's lucky if I don't kill him" he said walking to the door. I grabbed his arm.

"Grayson beat you to it. I don't think he needs anymore, he's probably still recovering."

Matt just rolled his eyes.

"Fine, but only because you told me not to. But I'm sorry I freaked out about Grayson. I had a lot on my mind.." He said going quiet.

"What's wrong?"

"Okay well..Cameron...she's pregnant"

I felt my mouth drop open and I just stared at him.

"Matt!! You got Cameron pregnant?!!! What!!!" I yelled and he shut the door.

"Shh don't let mom and dad hear, you idiot."

"Me?? I'm the idiot??"

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever, but it's going to be okay. I love her, a lot. We can handle it" he smiled at the thought of her, and I smiled.

"Aw my brother is in love, who knew" I said giggling a little and he punched my shoulder lightly.

"Well I'm tired, so good luck with your thinking." I said walking out of his room. He laughed a little and shut his door.

I went to my room but stopped and listened when I heard yelling coming from the other room.

"You expect me to forgive you?? You fucking cheated on me!" I heard my dads voice say.

Wow, she cheated? Wow is all I can say. I listened for a little while longer but then I got tired of it and went in my room.

I laid in my bed and just did some thinking. I thought about a lot of things, but Grayson and that kiss kept coming into my mind.

He was such a great person, and he really seems to care about me, which I don't feel a lot of people do. As much as I wanted to deny it, I liked him a lot, and I didn't know what to do about it.

I decided to text him to get my mind off the yelling in the next room.

To Grayson: Hey

He responded right away.

From Grayson: Hi what's up?:)

I was about to respond when I heard something crash in the other room. I ran in there and my dad had thrown something and it was shattered all over. He looked furious.

I ran back in my room, I was scared. They fought a lot but nothing ever got physical. Matt had just left and gone out with Cameron so I was alone. I heard something else break and I grabbed my phone and called Grayson.

"Hello?"

"Hey Gray, sorry to bother..I just..they're fighting again and I hear stuff breaking"

"Where's Matt?"

"Him and Cam went out"

"Oh uh well why don't you come over?"

I thought about it. Earlier when I was there we kissed, and I didn't want to keep kissing him if we weren't going to be anything more than friends.

"Ella?"

"Oh yeah sorry..uh yeah I'll come over"

"Okay I'll be there in 5 to pick you up"

We hung up and I got up and got my stuff, going to wait outside. When he pulled up i got in the car and he looked at me.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine" I lied.

We went inside his house and to his room. I sat on his bed.

"Mom cheated" I blurted out of nowhere. He sat next to me.

"I'm sorry Ella, I wish I could do something to help."

I nodded and laid my head on his shoulder. We just sat there in silence, but it was comfortable, not awkward.

        Later on Matt came home with Cameron and we went back home. Dad was gone and mom was in her room crying. Matt went in there to talk to her so I took a shower and got ready for bed. I checked my phone and I had a message from Grayson.

From Grayson: Hey hope everything went okay when you got home, goodnight

I smiled and set my phone to the side getting under the covers. I just laid there thinking about Grayson until I finally fell asleep.