twenty-three

"I hate you, get out of my house." Grayson screamed at me. I was so confused as to what I did to make him act like this. Tears threatened to leave my eyes but I refused to let him see me cry because of him.

"Gray.."

"No! Leave." He screams, pointing to the door.

I sigh walking to the door. Before walking out I looked at him, hoping he would just take me in his arms and say he never meant any of it. I was disappointed when he kept a cold stare on me. I looked down, walking out the door and quietly shutting it behind me.

That's when I broke down. I fell to the ground in sobs. I had just lost the only good thing in my life and I don't know why or what to do with myself.

"Ella? Ella what's wrong." I heard but I couldn't see anyone. It sounded like Grayson but I knew he hated me now. I looked around me, trying to see who was calling my name but there was nobody. I was all alone.

I sat up in bed, tears falling from my eyes and my hands shaking. Grayson stared at me, confusion written all over his face.

I felt a wave of relief take over my body and I threw myself at him, hugging him tightly.

"It was just a nightmare." Grayson says softly.

"You said you hated me." I mumble into his chest.

He didn't say anything for a while but then he spoke up. "Never."

I trusted him that he would never be the Grayson that i met in my dream, and I hope that trusting him was the right decision. I looked over at the clock, groaning when i saw that it read 4:00 a.m. I decided I wouldn't be able to sleep anymore so I grabbed my phone.

"You can go back to sleep, I'm okay." I say giving him a weak smile.

He didn't look like he believed me but he was exhausted, so he laid back pulling me with him. He soon fell back asleep and I laid in his arms, playing on my phone for a while.

At around five decided I needed to get up because we had school soon anyway. I got up and changed into jeans and a black t-shirt, tying one of Graysons flannels around my waist. I went downstairs and decided to make breakfast for everyone, this family definitely loved food.

Soon enough Ethan and Grayson woke up. Grayson walked in, rubbing the tiredness out of his eyes and sitting at the table. He started eating right away.

"Good morning to you too." I say, setting a glass of water in front of him.

He smiled shoving a fork full of pancakes into his mouth. "Thanks baby."

"Only a couple weeks of school left, and we're seniors." I say, making random conversation.

"I know, scary."

I nodded, agreeing with him. I was not ready to be a senior at all.

He finished his breakfast and stood up walking over to me. He leaned down and placed a small kiss on my lips, then walking away to get ready for school.

I waited on him and soon he came down wearing an outfit with the same flannel that i had tied around my waist, and a smirk plastered on his face.

"We are goals." He says, motioning to our flannels. I giggled and got all my stuff together. We waited on Ethan and then we were off to school.

The day went by normally but it felt extra slow today.

I tried to text my mom a couple times but she never responded. I guess she just was done with us for good. I wish I she took me with her, but then again what would I do without Grayson? My feelings are just so confusing about this whole thing, and I think way too much about it.

"Hi." Grayson says, interrupting my thoughts.

"You okay?" He asks me before I could even respond to him.

I nodded and put a smile on my face. He looked unsure but grabbed my hand anyway, pulling me out of school, eager to get home.

I walked up to the porch of Grayson's house and as I put my hand on the doorknob I froze. I could hear people yelling at eachother inside, reminding me of my parents always fighting at my house.

I looked at Grayson, unsure what to do. He opened the door, going inside. I stayed put, I wasn't up for seeing people fight with eachother.

Soon the yelling stopped and Grayson came outside, looking very upset.

"My parents are fighting." He says, shutting the door slowly. I sigh, pulling him into a hug. I remembered the first time my parents had a fight, and it made me so sad to think that they fell out of love like that.
"I'm sorry Gray,  it hurts. It will be okay though, you always have me. Always."

He hugged me tighter. "This sucks."

"Let's get out of here." I say, pulling away and giving him a smile. I wanted to make him happier.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "And go where?"

"I don't know. We will find somewhere."

I grabbed his hand, pulling him to the car. I got in the drivers side and we ended up at Beth's ice cream parlor, stuffing our faces and talking about our problems all night.