twenty

When I woke up Grayson was gone. I got up and changed my clothes and looked at myself in the mirror. I frowned at myself and looked away. I really needed to stop looking in the mirror.

When I opened the door to walk out Grayson was opening it to come in."Oh..hey" I said stepping away for him to come inside.

"Sorry I got hungry but the food was not good at all." He says making a face and walking past me.

I stayed quiet and gave him a small smile. He furrowed his eyebrows and opened his mouth to say something but I speak something before he could get a chance to.

"So what are we doing today?"

"I was thinking just the beach, nothing too big today." He says, shrugging his shoulders.

(Ok disclaimer I have never been to gulf shores or any beach, so i have no idea what i am talking about, bare with me😂)

"Okay." I pulled my bag out, looking through swimsuits. I decided on just a plain black top and bottoms. I threw on the same clothes I had on as a cover up and sat on the bed, waiting for Grayson.

 I texted Hannah, letting her know that we were about to go to the beach. Grayson finished changing into his blue trunks and a t-shirt.

"Are you okay?" He finally asked, noticing I being kind of quiet.

"Yeah, i'm fine."

He nodded, offering a small smile and holding his hand out to me. 

I don't know why, but I decided then and there that I wasn't gonna be sad on this trip. I wasn't gonna ruin it for myself or anyone else.

-

        When we got to the beach my face broke out into a huge smile. It was beautiful. The waves were crashing against the sand and the bright sun was beating down on us.

Ethan and Grayson both ran to the water. "Dorks" I say, shaking my head. Hannah laughed a little. "Guess I'm a dork too" she said, taking off after them.

I smiled, just being happy that I have people like them in my life. Soon I realized I was by myself so I ran after them too.

I snuck up behind Grayson and put my hands over his eyes. "Guess who" I say, giggling.

"Umm, Ethan?" He joked. I turned him around and smiled up at him.

"What?? I actually thought it was Ethan."  I shook my head. He really was a dork.

"You're a lot cuter than Ethan." He says, kissing my cheek.

"Hey!" Ethan said, crossing his arms.

"It's okay Ethan you're cute too" Hannah says, smiling brightly at him. Ethan blushed a little bit at her words.

"Awww look at y'all" I say happily, making both of their faces turn red.

We basically spent the whole day on the beach. The sun was setting and we decided to head back to the hotel, going our separate ways.

When we walked in our room Grayson got my suitcase out and set it on the bed. "Dress nice" he winked before walking in the bathroom and getting ready himself.

I was confused but I decided to not ask questions. I pulled out a navy blue long-sleeved dress that I had recently bought.

I undressed, slipping it on. I rummaged through my suitcase some more, pulling out a silver necklace and putting it around my neck.

Grayson finally came out of the bathroom and he was dressed very nicely. He had a button up dress shirt on with some black pants.

"You look great" I complimented him.

"You look even better" I smiled, straightening my dress out. "So where are we going?"

"Dinner." He answered, slipping his shoes on. I nodded, putting on my black pumps. If i was gonna dress nice then i was going all out.

I went in the bathroom and quickly swiped some lip gloss on, leaving the rest of my makeup how it already was.

When i finished we left the hotel, going to the restaurant that he had planned. He kept it a surprise until we got there.

When we walked in, I was amazed. It was decorated so nicely and the food looked really good."Gray why would you take me somewhere so expensive?"

"Because you're my princess and you deserve it." He says, turning to the waiter and telling him that we had reservations for Grayson Dolan.

When we sat down I looked over the menu. Nothing really sparked my interest but that's because I wasn't that hungry. I set the menu down, deciding I just wanted salad.

The waiter came back, taking our orders. Grayson shook his head when i ordered my salad. "She actually wants the same as me." he says, handing the menus to the waiter. He nods, walking off.

"What the heck?" I say, annoyed because i know he is wasting his money.

"You haven't had a full meal in like 3 days. You barely eat. I hate watching you do this to yourself. It's not healthy and I'm not gonna let it happen."

Oh. He thought i was starving myself. I really wasn't though, I just never had an appetite because I was so sad all of the time. Maybe i don't like my body very much, but I know better.

I thought for a second and decided he was right. "Okay." I agreed, not saying anything else.

He reached across the table and grabbed my hand. "Now let's have a good night." 

"Okay." I agreed again, that we were going to make this a good night. And it really did turn out to be a great night.

Finally updated! I'm so sorry how long it took. I started a new fanfic and I was just trying to get it started up. But I hope this chapter is good. If you guys like it then let me know so I get motivation to write more! Thanks :))