twelve

Grayson took me home after school. I ended up not getting in any trouble about the fight, thank god because my parents would freak.

As we pulled up to my house I sighed as I looked at it. I had a pretty good day and it was about to be ruined.

After school Grayson took me to get ice cream and we just had a great time. Now it was time to go back to reality, my parents fighting all the time and yelling at me.

"Wanna sleep at my house?" Grayson asked, basically reading my mind.

I shrugged. I felt kind of bad because he feels like he always has to take care of me.

"Ella it's okay, it doesn't bother me."

"Okay. I have to get my stuff though, will you come with me?"

I was a little scared to go inside because recently the fights between them have been getting really intense and it kinda freaked me out.

He agreed to go with me and we went inside.

As soon as I opened the door yelling filled my ears. I sighed, a little embarrassed and I went up to my room as Grayson followed. He looked around my room as I got my stuff together.

"Who's this?" He asked pointing to a picture of me and Adam. I gulped, I didn't think I could explain Adam to him without totally breaking down so I just kept it short.

"A friend." I said putting my bag over my shoulder. He gave me a weird look but he brushed it off.

I went and told my mom and dad where I was going and they said okay. My mom telling me to be safe and my dad not really caring. I sighed and tried not to let it bother me.

I went back in my room and Grayson could already tell something was wrong.

"What's wrong??" He asked but just shook my head. I didn't want to burden him with all my problems.

"Well let's go I guess." he said holding his hand out to me. I smiled a little and took his hand.

We left my house and got in the car. The car ride was silent but it didn't really bother me.

When we got to his house we went to his room. We didn't really do much. Just some homework but it started getting late.

I changed into my pajamas and sat next to him on his bed. He laid back and pulled me with him wrapping his arms around me. I think he could tell that I was upset about when he brought up the picture of Adam, but I can't blame him. He didn't know.

"Goodnight, sleep well." he said lightly kissing my forehead. I smiled and moved in closer to him.

"You too." I closed my eyes. And we both fell asleep.