ten

The next day all I did was lay in bed, all day.

Grayson said he was going to pick me up around 5 for our date. He wouldn't tell me where were going, but I kind of liked the mystery.

When it was getting close to 5 I got ready. I got dressed in leggings and an oversized sweater. I did my makeup and curled my hair.

By the time I was done I heard the doorbell. I sprinted downstairs and ran into my dad. He just rolled his eyes. He's been more rude then usual since the wedding yesterday.

I apologized and walked past him.

"Where the hell are you going?" He yelled very loudly. I hope Grayson didn't hear that.

"I'm going out with Grayson."

"A guy? A guy asked you out?" He asked, laughing at me.

He was obviously drunk. He was never really mean unless he's drunk. I nodded.

He just brushed me off and walked away. I went and opened the door and there was Grayson.

I walked past him and shut the door and walked to his car. I know I shouldn't act like this on a date but I was just upset, little things like my dad make me upset and ruin my whole mood.

As we got in the car he looked at me. "Any guy would be lucky to be me right now." he said and I looked at him confused.

"Your dad.."

Oh. He heard all that.

"Oh yeah it's fine."

"No it's not, I can tell it's bothering you."

He could read me like a book.

"Don't worry, I'll change your mood. I'm a funny guy." he said laughing to himself.

I raised my eyebrow. "You are??" I asked.

He rolled his eyes. "Let's just get on with this date, I've been waiting forever for it" he said and started driving.

I smiled to myself. I have been waiting for this date too, I just never really admitted it to myself.
We ended up at a movie theater.

"How did you know I love going to see movies?" I asked smiling.

He smirked. "I have my ways."

I laughed and he got out of the car. I turned to open the door but he had opened it for me. I smiled and got out.

We went inside and got our tickets. He picked a scary movie, and I tried to change his mind but he wouldn't.

We found our seats and waited for it to start.

As soon as it started I was already scared. I tried my hardest to watch it but it scared me too much. At one point I jumped and I grabbed Grayson's arm.

He looked at me. "Aw is Ella scared?" He teased me. I let go of him.

"Shut up, its your fault" I said crossing my arms. He smiled and put his arm around me.

"I'll protect you...from everything" he whispered the last part and it made me smile, even though I was trying to be mad at him.

After the movie ended we walked out and it was going to get dark soon. He grabbed my hand and started walking to the park across the street. I smiled at the feeling of our hands together, I could get used to this.

As we kept walking he started swinging our hands and I looked at him. He just gave me a cheesy smile and kept doing it.

"You're such an idiot." I said, shaking my head.

"Maybe I am, but you know you like it" he said as we walked by a lady walking her dog.

I smiled as I looked at the dog. "I've always wanted a dog. I love them so much." I told him.

"Maybe one day you will."

I shrugged , I doubted that.

After we finished walking we went back to the car and went home. It was dark by then. We got to my house and he walked me up to the door. I turned and looked at him.

"I had a lot of fun, thank you." I said and he smiled.

"I will gladly do it any time you want."

"Okay well I guess I'll text you?" I asked, going to open the door but he stopped me by grabbing my arm. He pulled me close to him and wrapped his arms around my waist.

Woah.

"Not without this" he said, leaning in and pressing his lips against mine. I smiled as I kissed him back but he pulled away quickly.

I wasn't done though, I went to go kiss him again but he turned his head.

"You'll have to wait til next time." he said pecking my cheek and walking out to his car.

I stood there in awe. It pissed me off that he left me like that but there was going to be a next time? I was excited.

I went inside and took my makeup off and changed into my pajamas then laid down.

I smiled as I thought of everything that happened tonight. I was really happy, and I haven't felt this way in a really long time.