sixteen

*grayson's POV ;)*
Ella was acting weird yesterday. I didn't know why but I just assumed it was because she felt a little weird after telling me about that Adam guy.

I took her home and then when I got back home I just stayed in my room. I didn't really feel like doing anything else.

The next morning I called her and she didn't pick up, so I assumed she was still sleeping. It came around 1:00 and she still didn't answer, and I was getting worried.

I drove to her house and knocked on the door.
Her dad opened the door. He looked me up and down before saying anything. "What?" He asks, very rudely.

"Where's Ella?" I ask him. He thought about it for a second and then he seemed to remember.

"She packed a bag and left" he told me slamming the door in my face. Why would she leave her home and not come to my house? Where was she??

I rushed home and got Ethan. We got in the car and started driving around trying to find her. I tried texting Hannah, but she said she hadn't seen her.

After about an hour of driving and calling her over and over we were driving by a cemetery. As I stared out the window, starting to give up on finding Ella, I saw a girl who looked just like Ella curled up next to one of the stones. Her body was shaking from sobbing.

"Stop!" I yelled and Ethan slammed the brakes, giving me a dirty look, probably because it was so sudden.

"She's over there I think" I said opening the door. I started running towards her as fast as I could. I felt awful. I wish she would have come to my house. I mean I was her boyfriend, she didn't need to feel bad.

When I got to her it was Ella, just as I thought. I sat down next to her and pulled her in my arms, holding her as she cried. I glanced over at the stone that she was sat in front of, and it had the name Adam engraved on it. I frowned, feeling sorry for her.

*Ella's POV*

I felt so stupid. I originally planned to just go and visit Adam, then go to Hannah's house for the night. But it turned into me just sitting there the whole night sobbing.

When Grayson came, I felt really bad. He was probably really hurt that I wouldn't have texted him or something.

As he held me in his arms I just cried and he rubbed my back trying to calm me down.

"I just-missed Adam-and my dad-kicked me out and I didn't- know what to do" I told him in between sobs.

"Shh it's okay, it will be okay" he repeated over and over, tightening his grip on me.

Soon enough he had calmed me down and I pulled away from him. He wiped away my tears with his thumbs and leaned in and kissed my cheek.

"I hate seeing you like this." He frowned.

"Im okay." I told him, my voice shaky.

I felt bad for worrying him and I should have just gone to his house. I wasn't thinking clearly.

"So your dad kicked you out?"

I nodded and looked down. He sighed and stood up pulling me with him.

"You're gonna stay with me."

"Gray I don't have to, I can find a place. And I have Hannah, it's okay." I told him. I hated putting that burden on him.

"Let's go." he said, ignoring me and grabbing my hand, pulling me toward the car.

I saw Ethan inside the car and I immediately felt embarrassed. He probably thinks I'm crazy.

He smiled at me as I got in and put my seatbelt on. "Everything okay?"

I just nod my head and turn my head to look out the window.

Grayson drove us home in silence. It wasn't really awkward but I felt a little uncomfortable.

When we got home I got out of the car. I was caught off guard by Ethan pulling me into a hug. "Let me know if you need anything." He whispered before releasing me and going inside.

I smiled to myself, following him. I sat down at the counter in the kitchen and Ethan went up to his room.

"Are you hungry?" Grayson asks.

I shook my head, I hadn't eaten but I felt sick from everything that happened. He sighed and sat next to me wrapping his arms around me.

"Everything will be okay I promise" he reassured. I just nodded, unsure if I believed him or not.