Don't Remember...

You see there's something no one really knows about me. Something I've forgotten. It's been pushed into the back of my mind. Unfortunately things can only stay hidden for so long until they return.....

        I blinked my eyes open and bolted out of bed not recognizing my surroundings. Then my mind caught up with my eyes and I remembered being thrown on an airplane an brought here to this... Place. An orphanage off in some place I don't even know the name of. I only know I want out of here. I take in my surroundings. The walls are lined with white single beds. Some had special blankets or toys on them that the children had brought with them. Looking down at what I was wearing I cringed. 'Da fuq is this shit?!', I thought to myself pulling on the loose fabric. A white night gown that trailed down to my ankles. Really? I sighed and looked through the bin at the end of my bed. It had nothing in it but some cash I had on me and the clothes I was wearing. Which included black boots and a gold and black necklace. The clothes were shredded through and stained with dark red and brown spots. I grabbed the cash out of the bin and put the necklace around my neck then went around to ask if I could have some real clothes. I was handed a pink skirt with a white tank top. 'Ew..' I tried smiling at the girl who gave it to me and walked off holding the clothes out arms length away from me like they were full of diseases. Maybe they were. I quickly got changed into them and brushed out my hair with my hands. Then I jogged towards the door to leave and buy myself some real clothes.
         "Hey there, my names Carol. Wouldn't you like something to eat before you go off to...?" A voice called from behind me and I rolled my eyes.
        "No. I'm fine. I'm going to get some clothes I might actually be seen wearing," I muttered and opened the door to leave.                         
        "Okay, that's fine... What's your name?"
        "Lilith. My names Lilith," I actually had to think about my answer for a moment there. I'd nearly forgotten my name. Like I forgot the last week. And the week before that... I closed my eyes and shook my head. I had actually forgotten my entire life. Everything but some basic information about myself was gone. It was extremely weird. The doctors didn't understand either.
        "Be back by five then, Lilith. Don't want us to have to come find you," she laughed and I scoffed stepping outside. I had no clue where I was. All I knew was I needed clothes and a job. I grabbed a newspaper out of a dispenser and read the ad page. There was a security guard opening at some pizzeria. That sounded easy enough for someone who could hardly remember anything about herself. Other than her name. I walked down the streets and entered every clothing store I found. I had three-hundred dollars on myself when I was found. I- of course- didn't know where I had gotten it. Eventually an hour and a half later I had spent most of my money and had bags of new clothes. There was no way I was going to this 'Freddy's Pizza' dressed like this so I stepped into a corner store and changed into a pair of black skinny jeans with rips going all the way up the legs, a grey tank top, and a jean jacket with golden spikes on the shoulders. I shoved the skirt into the trash on my way out. Making my way to a pay phone I fished around in my pocket for 25 cents to call a taxi. After about ten minutes of waiting the taxi pulled up and I made a mental map of how to get to Freddy's Pizza, in case I got the job.
        When we arrived at the destination I handed the driver a ten and stepped out of the car. I looked at my surroundings. "Freddy Fazbears Pizzeria," I mumbled to myself looking up at the large sign. I made my way into the building that stood a few feet away from me. There was three animatronics on the stage preforming and kids were scattered everywhere eating pizza and watching the bear, chicken, and bunny preform on stage. I made my way around the kids and down a hall until I came to a room with a 'office' sign on it. I knocked three times until a stressed looking man opened the door.
        "Listen I won't answer any more questions. I don't know what happened to our last security guard but it's fine really," the man had greying brown hair and deep brown eyes filled with tiredness. He had dark circles under his eyes and was wearing a brown suit that looked like it was made 100 years ago. 'Jeez.. What a great sense of style...' My sarcasm dripped in my thoughts.
        "Oh I'm not here to ask questions about the last security guard. I'd like to be the new one. If that jobs not already taken." He looked genuinely surprised by my statement.
        "Oh.. I see. Well-" he cleared his throat with a cough and stepped into his office, "What's your name?"
        "Lilith- Lilith Rose."
        "Ok," he nodded slowly writing something on a clipboard, "you're hired. You can start tonight at 12am and work until 6am."
         It was my turn to be surprised, "W-what? Really? No interview or anything?" I stuttered with my dark blue eyes wide.
        "Really. See I didn't expect anyone to wanna be the security guard here after the incident. At least for a while. So you're hired. As long as you're not a serial killer or anything," he laughed and I joined in with a small smile. It was all I could manage. I wanted to remember something. But couldn't. Dammit! That statement- something about it- brought me close to remembering something.
        "Oh. Heh. Well thanks. I'll see ya around?" I turned to the door. And something about how quietly he spoke kinda scared me.
        "Yea... Bye Lilith."
        I swallowed hard, "Bye mr...?" I raised my brow, "Cameron. Jeffrey Cameron," came his reply. I nodded an left the small little office and headed back into the loud stage room with all the children. The three animatronics seemed to be watching me as I left. 'How odd...' I shook the thought from my head and started to head back to the orphanage. I had to stop for directions at least three times. When I got inside I walked around trying to find Carol. Finally I found her in the kitchen making bread or some kind of dough.
        "Hey. I got a job as the security guard down at Freddy Fazbears Pizza so I'll be leaving around 11:30 for work and I'll return at about 6:30-7:00am. And I got all the clothes I should need. For a week or so anyways," I put on my best smile and held up my bags.
        "Oh? Did you say Freddys Pizzeria?" she sounded scared to say the least.
        "Yep. Sure did. Don't worry I already know there was some sort if incident with the last security guard there."
        "He was killed Lilith," she turned to me and I shrugged.
        "I'm not him. I'll be fine. Anyways it's really not your business. I need this job so I can save to get out of this place. I'm almost 18. I don't see why I need to stay here," I sighed. Carol just nodded and muttered something about dinner being ready in an hour. I told her I didn't want anything and I just wanted to sleep. So I crawled back into bed and set the alarm by my bed for 11:00pm. Then I closed my eyes and fell into a deep, dreamless slumber.

        I woke to the sound of my alarm going off by my head. Again I awoke with the sense of 'where the hell am I?!' But got over it again in a few seconds. I rubbed my eyes as I walked past the beds filled with children. Most of them were now awake thanks to my alarm.
        "Where are you going, Lilith?" One of the little boys asked as I brushed my hair using the brush I bought.
        "Work," I shrugged and looked over to him- I could only see a faint outline in the dimly lit room the only light was the moon- he was fairly tall with pale green eyes and black hair. He was wearing plain blue pyjamas and his hair was tangled up in curls of hair.
        "Where do you work?" I noticed his eyes light up.
        "Freddy Fazbears Pizza. I'm the night guard there," I smiled and set my brush down.
        "Really?" His eyes lit up even more, "that's so cool! I wish I could work there. Carol doesn't let us go there anymore," he pouted, crossing his arms over his chest.
        "Why not?" I asked seriously curious, "Dunno. She says that Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica aren't safe anymore," when I shot him a questioning look he caught on that I didn't know who or what the hell those were.
        "Freddy is the bear. Bonnie is the bunny and Chica is the chicken, silly," he giggled and I smiled at him, "Thanks. I gotta get ready to go so get back to bed. I'll tell you about it tomorrow, ok?" He nodded quickly and scurried back into bed. I sighed and chuckled lightly to myself.
        When I got downstairs Carol was sitting at the couch holding some kind of metal trinket, "What's that?" I pointed at whatever it was she was holding.
        "A pocket watch. Here-" she threw it at me and I caught it in my right hand.
        "Thanks..? What for?" I studied the object and flicked it open. 11:17.. I still have time, "So you know what time you can leave and when to be back by," I noticed how she didn't say be 'home'. Just back. I mentally punched myself for not being able to remember where my family was. And I mentally slapped my family for not stepping forth and claiming me.
        "Okay. Well thanks.. I'm gonna go now so.." I slipped on my boots and slid on my jean jacket. I hid the pocket watch in the back pocket of my jeans and stepped out the door just as Carol called to me and said to be safe. Right. Because I need to stay safe in a pizzeria with no one in it besides me. What could possibly go wrong?

{Thank you for reading the first chapter and giving it a chance! I know it's kinda short but I promise the chapters get longer and better. Thanks again! I appreciate any feedback/votes/follows. See you in the next update!}