Enough Is Enough

The halls were quiet and unnerving. The only sounds that could be heard was our footsteps echoing. My eyes were still swollen and red, I knew that without needing to see myself. That's what happens when you cry. And I've cried a lot lately, thanks to everything that's been going on... Freddy walked with his head held high and I knew that he was preparing himself to be attacked by the others if Goldie had told them.
        We walked back to where we left everyone to talk in the first place. Goldie was there, standing by Bonnie and Foxy. Chica was off to the side a bit. When me and Freddy walked in everyones heads snapped towards us. I could see the anger in their eyes from where I stood. Even Chica looked like she wanted to kill Freddy. I knew that Goldie would tell everyone.. but did he have to do it so soon?
        "Freddy. What the fuck is wrong with you?! You're supposed to protect Lilith, not hurt her yourself!" Bonnie glared daggers at Freddy, his voice raising in volume. He started to run towards us like he was going to attack Freddy when Goldie stuck his arm out and shook his head at him.
        "Now is not the time... Enough fighting. Lilith has seen enough of it for one day." He stared into Bonnie's magenta eyes, almost threatening him to do anything other than back down. I heard Foxy growl under his breath as he looked at Goldie.
        "He.. hit her Goldie. Ye expect us to just let 'im get away with that?" His hand and hook were at his side, and anyone could see how hard he was trying to remain calm.
        "Yeah Goldie! What the hell? Freddy can't just get away with hurting our precious Lilith!" Chica snapped, her usually happy expression twisted in wrath.
        "And we can't all keep fighting, can't you tell how much it hurts her when we fight? Enough is enough for one day. Push aside your rage for a while. At least wait until she isn't here-" I glared at him and cleared my throat. His head turned and he sighed. "Or just don't do it at all. Lets all just forgive and move on. We all make mistakes. Now I'm telling you three to back down. Not for me and not for Freddy because believe me, I'd like to hit him too." Freddy's head lowered in shame. "But for Lilith. Can we do that?"
        Bonnie mumbled something I couldn't hear before taking a step back and looking at me, "... I'm sorry Lilith.. Are you okay?"
        "Yeah. I think so.. Thank you guys for backing off... Freddy didn't mean to hit me. And the matter is resolved now. Which is what matters. I forgive him, and so should you." I looked between them, hands clasped behind my back.
        "I won't forgive him. But I promise I won't fight with him for you Lilith." Chica stepped forward and hugged me. "I'm just glad that you weren't seriously injured."
        "I guess that will do for now..." I hugged her back, looking over her shoulder at everyones faces. I could tell that they felt the same. They wouldn't forgive him yet, but tolerate. I guess it is what it is. I pulled back from the hug and Chica smiled at me before going back to her spot where a pizza box laid on the floor. I hadn't noticed it at first but as soon as I did I lost it and started laughing. I held my stomach with my hands and looked from Chica to the box. Everyone seemed confused and so was I, quite honestly. I don't know what made me find that so funny but I'm guessing that through all these unhappy emotions we're all feeling, I just wanted to laugh.
        Apparently my laugh was contagious because Chica started to giggle and Freddy began to chuckle. Goldie, Foxy, and Bonnie just seemed confused.
        "Whats so funny?" Bonnie looked between the three of us. I shrugged, trying to control my breathing. After a few seconds I calmed down and stopped laughing completely, a ghost of a smile still on my face.
        "I honestly don't know, I just saw the pizza box by Chica and started laughing, it wasn't even that funny..."
        "Girls are weird..." Goldie chuckled, shaking his head at me. I stuck my tongue out at him and made a funny face.
        "Says you." I giggled.
        "Heyyy, I was laughing and I'm not a girl. I believe you mean we're weird. All of us," Freddy pouted.
        "Well. That's up for debate." I said, turning to Freddy.
        "Meet me in the office later tonight and I'll show you that I'm not a girl." He winked, smirking at me.
        "FREDDY THERE WILL BE NO SHOWING MY PRECIOUS LILITH ANYTHING, YOU PERVERT!" Chica shouted, moving her hands around.
        I began to laugh again, as did everyone else while Chica screamed about Freddy being a creep. I missed this. All of us laughing and having fun, without worrying about the future or threats that could hurt us. So where deep inside of me I knew that it wouldn't last forever but I wanted to cherish it while I could.
        There was still the matter with the cops to be figured out as well as what Carol meant. Hopefully she was just crazy but if not it could mean something life changing. Then there's that creepy stalker who claims to have business with me. And my eyes turning red apparently. Oh and-
        My thoughts were cut off by Bonnie shaking his hands in front of my face, "Earth to Lilith? You okay?"
        "Oh!" I laughed, scratching the back of my neck, "Yeah, I'm fine. I was just lost in thought, sorry."
         "It's okay," he smiled, showing dimples I hadn't noticed before, "We were just talking about what we should do for the rest of the day. Your shift hasn't begun yet so if the cops show up it'll seem suspicious if you're here. At the same time we don't want you going back outside yet with that creepy guy Goldie was telling us about still lurking around."
        "And if the cops do show up and you're all not on stage that will seem even more suspicious," I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest and biting softly on my bottom lip.
        "Exactly. Did you talk to them outside? They left just a little bit before you got here," Freddy asked from beside me.
        "Yeah," Goldie answered for me, "They said they were going to check out the orphanage. If they find anything they'll probably come back here to try and find more proof of whatever they find there."
        "You mean like maybe the reason she wanted to literally murder me?" I scoffed, remembering how I was once going to give her a chance to get out of it.
        "Yeah, they might find like... A diary or something that explains it. If they come back during your shift, great. You can talk to them and use your charms to learn what they know," Goldie chuckled at his own joke and I glared light-heartedly.
        "And if not?" I pondered, looking around at my only friends.
        "If not you and Goldie can make a quick escape down to the control room and you'll be able to tell if they get close to that area by watching the cameras. The moment they get too close to that hall make an escape to another room on the other side of the building. Like a giant game of hide and seek!" Chica sounded serious at first but then went back to being childish.
        "Aye, it's the best plan we have. It'll have to be like that everyday until they leave," Foxy added.
        "Okay... I guess that will work. I've never played Hide and Seek before- that I can remember. I'm sure it'll be easy enough though," I nodded to myself, slightly confident in our plan.
        "Of course it will work, you should stop doubting us so much. You should know we won't let them take you from us, we'll keep you here no matter what the cost," Freddy's voice went a bit deeper and darker towards the end of his talking, genuinely shocking me for a moment.
        "R-right... But what about you guys? If we're all say.. In the kitchen when they get here? How will we know they're here and how will you guys get back in time?" I raised another concern.
        "You can use your tablet thing with all the security footage on it! That way you'll be able to tell when they come in and we can run for it," Chica giggled, nodding her head whilst grabbing my arm.
        "Now let's go! You said you've never played hide and seek before so we should all play," She grinned at me, dragging me away from the group.
        "Wha- but we still haven't figured everything out!" I waved my arms around, though not struggling to get out of her grasp.
        "Chica is right, Lilith. Ye need to relax a wee bit, maybe hide and seek'll help," Foxy chimed in, as everyone else followed after us.
        ((I CHIMED IN WITH A HAVENT YOU PEOPLE EVER HEARD OF CLOSING THE GODDAMN DOOR- no? Okay I'll go))
        "Agreed," Freddy nodded.
        I sighed, knowing that they were right. I do need to calm down. I need to think and I have to stop worrying so much. All this stress is bad for me. We'll never solve anything if I can't control myself and if I keep freaking out the cops will surely assume somethings wrong. If they haven't already...

_______________
Marcus' POV
_______________

        "Where do you suggest we start looking?" I asked Jeremy, sighing at the kids who were running around.
        At first it seemed like Carol was the only one around that was able to stay here full time and look after the kids, as everyone else was just a volunteer but someone stepped up and decided to take her place, funding the place. From what I know of her, she seems nice enough.
        "I'll look around her room, you question some of the kids," Jeremy had cold eyes as he looked over the room we were standing in.
        With a quick nod I agreed, stepping over to a little girl with black pigtails and a bright pink dress.
        "Hello. I was wondering if I could maybe ask you a bit of questions," I looked up, motioning for the new head of the place to come over.
        "Hello, officer," her green eyes seemed to sparkle from the sunlight that was shining through the window. Her blonde hair was pulled into a high ponytail on the back of her head and she wore baggy jeans and a white sweatshirt.
        "Hello, Miss. I need to ask a few of these kids some questions, hope you don't mind," I leaned down to be level with the girl in the pink dress.
        "Not at all, go ahead. I sure do hope you guys can find her," she sighed, looking down at us.
        "As do I," I said solemnly before putting all my attention back on the little girl.
        "Do you know Lilith Rose? She was the eldest one here, you may have noticed her leave late at nights for work?" I asked, pulling out my notebook.
        "Yeah," she smiled, "Lilith is great! She read me a story one time. She wasn't here for long though," the girl frowned.
        "Great. Do you know what her relationship with Carol was like?" I wrote down everything she said in jot notes.
        She shook her head quickly before opening her mouth as if coming to a realization, "Actually, I did hear them fighting one night. A-and later on I woke up from a bad dream and saw Lilith jumping out the window! I was so scared," she shivered, holding her arms, "I don't know why she did it though."
        "Jumping out a window, huh? Do you know what they were fighting about?"
        "I-I think they were fighting over Freddy's. Ca-Carol was saying it wasn't safe and she was getting mad at Lilith. But Freddy's is safe! Carol was just being a meanie," She pouted.
        "I see," I wrote everything she was saying down while being confused at the information.
        It doesn't add up. If she knew it was dangerous.. Why would she want to go? Why the hell would Lilith jump out a window? To go there? But she must know how dangerous it is there... This case keeps making less and less sense as it goes on...