Locked In

I opened my eyes in a flash and looked around. Why do these dreams seem so real? Why have I had the same one the past two nights?
         The only thing I noticed different about the room was that Carol was leaning against the doorframe.
         "What time is it?" I groggily muttered and rubbed my eyes.
        "It's 3pm. What happened to your arms?" She crossed her as across her chest and I sighed, "It's nothing. Don't worry, I just slipped and fell. No biggie."
        "It is a biggie. Did this happen at Freddys?" She demanded and I shrugged, "So what? I slipped on some water and landed on my elbows."
        "I don't want you going back there. It's dangerous," she narrowed her eyes in on me.
         "No it's not. I'm going back there whether you like it or not, ok? So screw off Carol. You're not my mother. Or father. You can't tell me what to do. I'm going back to work there," I gritted my teeth together as she shook her head, "No. You're not."
        "Watch me, bitch," I grabbed my clothes and bag followed by me running into the bathroom, then locked the door. I heard her pound on the door but I didn't open. I threw my clothes in my bag in a plan to get dressed later.
        When I was safe and not being threatened.
        I pulled open the window and stretched my legs out it then jumped down into the soft dirt. I was lucky the window wasn't very far up.
        Bolting off into a run, I started in the direction of the one place I might be welcomed.

        Freddy Fazbears Pizza.

        When I entered the building I felt all the animatronics eyes shift to me from the stage. I walked towards the stage and waved to them as I moved to the hall. Their eyes followed, looking slightly confused. I mouthed that I would tell them tonight, once I got to the edge of the main hall so no one could see me. And I swear I saw each of them give me a slight nod of understanding.
         Then I turned and bolted off to Pirates Cove to see my favorite Fox. I pulled open the door and walked into the room, followed by me shoving aside the curtains, "Hiya there Foxy. Sorry to just barge in like this but I needed somewhere to go. Carol was being a complete bitch. I'm gonna get changed so yea. Just wanted to let you know it's only me," I shut the curtains all the way and pulled out a black tank top with a blue short sleeved open shirt to go over it. Then I pulled out pale blue skinny jeans with about 15 rips going up each of the legs. I quickly got changed not wanting to be seen by anyone or anything.
        'I wonder if Goldie is around during the day...' My thoughts echoed through my head as I pulled my boots back on and stepped behind the curtain with Foxy again.
         "Mind if I stay here a bit?" I asked the metal Fox. His head moved slightly from side to side.
        I was confused. Couldn't he speak? Or was he shut off during the day...?
         "Foxy!" I jumped up, "Would the control to turn you on be in the control room? Do they have one of those?" I wondered aloud and heard a deep, quiet, hard-to-hear laugh come from his throat, "Or would it be in the office...? Imma go look around," I concluded and ran off to find something I wasn't sure existed.
        "Maybe the others would know...?" With that thought I strolled off to go backstage and wait until they were done performing. A few minutes later the three of them trotted backstage.
        "Lilith! Hi!" Chica came towards me and enveloped me in a huge hug.
         I laughed, "Hi Chica," I hugged back her cold metal and turned to look at the other two.
        "So what brings you here so early?" Bonnie asked stepping forward. "My gate keeper is trying to keep me from coming here. Says its not safe. Whatever," I laughed and they all looked completely serious. Like they were plotting something in their minds.
         "Anyways do you guys know if there's a control room and where it may be?"
        I looked between the three of them, "I think there's one down the hall and then down the stairs, check there," Chica shrugged.
        "Idiot! That's where he stays!" Bonnie and Freddy each turned to her, "She asked. I'm sure she can handle herself," she shrugged giggling.
        "Thank you, Chica. I'm gonna go look for it. And if by 'he' you mean Goldie, I can handle myself. I hope," I turned and walked out of the room as they walked back onstage.
        When I reached the staircase there wasn't anyone around nor did I see any cameras do I started down the stairs one step at a time.
         The stairwell was dark and cold. It seemed like it hasn't been used very often. It seemed so eerie. None the less I pushed on until I came to the last step and a door that said 'Controls'. I pushed open the door with ease and walked in.
        The lights were on, but they were dim and flickering. I waited in the doorway to let my eyes get used to the harsh lighting before stepping further into the space. I walked to the wall with the rows of buttons and switches. On the wall above all the buttons and switches was a list of all the animatronics names with a on/night switch beside it.
         I went to Foxy's and switched it to night. A clicking sound went off and I smiled in triumph. Then I saw a shadow skim across a wall at the other side of the room.
        "Hello?" I called out nervously and looked around but saw nothing.
        'Goldie.... You can't ignore me forever!'
        "Goldie? Is that you?" I stepped toward the switchboard again and noticed that there wasn't any option for a Golden Freddy. How weird.
         I shrugged and trudged up the stairs again.
        I'd accidentally left the door open, being the forgetful me that I am. So I ran back down the stairs and shut the door. When it was almost closed I saw two golden eyes peering at me from between the crack.
         I sighed and ran back to see Foxy. I smiled in relief as he greeted me at the door, "Lilith, lass, you really like messing with this place for me, huh?"
        He laughed and I joined in, "Sure, I'd do anything for you guys," I paused, "Even Goldie. He could use some more loving companionship in his life, don't you think?" I sat down with my legs crossed at the edge of the stage.
         "Aye, I believe we all could use a bit of that," his metal head bobbed up and down in agreement.
         I smiled at him, "Glad you understand. Hey Foxy I have something to tell you later tonight, ok?" I glanced into his metal eye sockets for a reaction. A flash of curiosity went through them, "Ok, lass. If I must wait that long," he sighed, "Alas, you must," I laughed at my own imitation of a pirate voice, as did Foxy.
        We spent the next two hours talking about random things. About the bite of '87, when he bit off that child's frontal lobe. What brought on Carols outburst. About Luke and Jenny. About how much the kids used to love him and how he assumed that most had just forgotten about him. He was wrong though. Kids did remember him. They were just older. And I'll always remember him. But frankly I don't think that's what he wants.

{I'm still sorry about this not being entirely factual, just pretend it is I guess xD it's just important to the story}

        He wanted a second chance it seemed, "Hey, Foxy. Would you take back what happened in 1987 if you could? With biting that kids frontal lobe..?" I looked over at him. His red metal had reflections of the room in it, "Aye. In a moment, I would," he nodded grimly.
  "And you'd try to never do it again?" I asked and he nodded, "For sure. I just- I just want a second chance, someone to remember me like the kids used to," he looked down and his eyes glistened.
        "I remember you Foxy. I always will," I hugged his metal tightly which felt really weird actually.
         I'll give him a real hug later. He deserved it, "Even when I'm not here I'm here in mind and heart. Now speaking of not being here. I should get back before Carol calls the cops. Don't worry I'll take care of her," I pulled the straps of my bag over my shoulders and poked my head out the door to look for people.
        When I saw no one I headed out and dodged into the bathroom. I waited there for a moment before walking out and leaving. I took my time walking back.
        It gave me time to think about what I was going to say and do if she still denied me. Letting my senses take in everything around me.
        I loved the way the cool air felt gushing against my face and running through my whitish hair, making it go wild around me. As soon as I walked through the door Carol shot down the stairs and started demanding I formation out of me.
        "Where were you?! I was ready to call the cops!" She screamed in a whisper tone like it made it less loud somehow.
        "I told you. I went to Freddy's. It was fun. And if you called the cops and they came looking for me there I would've told them you were trying to keep me from living my own life and that I loved working at Freddy Fazbears Pizza. So my guess is they'd think you were a control freak more than anything. Just because you're scared doesn't mean I am. So stay out of my life matters. It's my life, not yours. I make my own choices, not you. So unless you do want something bad to happen. Stop trying to keep me from that place, got it?" I crossed my arms over my chest as she studied my determined expression.
         "Was that a threat?" Her eyes widened a bit.
        "Not necessarily, no. I meant me committing suicide because I have nothing to live for. But if you wanna see it as a threat, sure. Go ahead. The other... Employees at Freddy's are officially my reasons for living so don't take that from me. Please don't make this difficult," Carols face softened.
        "Fine. On one condition. You take me there."
         I laughed in her face, "Hahahaha, nope. Soooo not happening. Keep dreaming. Maybe another night? Taking you there now would just mean death. So no," I shook my head and her eyes widened again.
         "Don't worry. It's no biggie as long as you don't go with me or try to stop me you'll be fine and so will I. Got it? Good. Now fuck off and let me live my life. Thanks," I fake a grin and went upstairs.
        Luke was on his bed playing with his action figures and Jenny was playing with barbies across the room.
         "Jenny, I gave your bunny to Bonnie. He said thanks. He loved it," I smiled as I plopped my bag down on the trunk at the end of my bed.
        "Did he really? Oh that's so cool! Thank you Lilith!" She ran up and hugged my waist, her face snuggled into my thigh. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders.
        "No problem," I pulled back.
        I turned my head and looked at the nearest alarm clock. It was 7:30. I had enough time to take a nap before work. Which I hardly considered work anymore now that I was sort of on their side.
         I had a feeling it was going to be a very long night... And I was surprisingly okay with that.

         My alarm sounded off at 11:00pm. My hand found the off button in a second to keep from waking everyone up.
         My eyes rolled over the window and I saw it was pouring. I sighed and tiptoed across the floor to my boots and black and gold sweater. I pulled my boots on over my feet, then threw my jacket on, and walked to the door.
        My fingers clenched the doorknob and I turned it. It wouldn't move.
        It was locked. From the outside.
         I growled to myself, 'Dammit Carol!' I swore in my head and grabbed my bag from the trunk.
         I walked to the window closest to the street and pulled it open.
        A strong gust of wind and rain hit my face. I looked down, the ground was pretty far down. But I wasn't going to break my promise.
        I steadied myself on the window still, closed my eyes. And then...

        I jumped.