Research Is Key

I slept in until late afternoon and woke up to the smell of food. Mmm. Food. My stomach growled as I sat up on my bed. No one was in the room except me, I groaned and got out of bed. I had work to do. I started off by getting changed into red and pale pink thigh high stockings, white shorts with black splats over the left side, and a white t-shirt with a hood with sowed on bunny ears. A red belt came with it that I buckled it on above my hips. I brushed out my hair and fixed up my bangs before running downstairs to find Carol.
         I found her in the kitchen. No surprise. She was making BLT sandwiches. "Lilith. Hello, how was work?" She asked handing me a sandwich.
        "Great. Super easy," even I heard the sarcasm in my voice but apparently Carol didn't notice so I just took a bite out of my sandwich.
        "That's good," she nodded calmly but there was something skeptic in her eyes.
        "Yea. Hey, why don't you think it's safe? At Freddy's?" I tried not to let on where I was going with why I was asking. Though 'the animatronics there are threatening to kill me and I want to help them,' is probably one of the last things she'd suspect.
        "The incident in '87 is pretty much why I started getting suspicions that the place was dangerous," she started. When I gave her a confused look she figured I didn't know what that incident was. She was right, "One of the animatronics bit off a kids frontal lobe. But the kids loved it so we continued to take them there on each child's birthday. Much to my displeasure. We only stopped last year when people started going missing. New openings for that place every other week and missing people every week besides them. It was hectic. We didn't bring them back. I know the kids hate it but.. Maybe their parents will take them when they get adopted," she shrugged and I rolled my eyes and scoffed at her false hope, "IF they get adopted you mean," I continued to eat my sandwich and Carol just stayed silent. When I finally finished I told Carol I was heading to the library.... And forgot to mention that after that I was going to Freddy's.... Oops. She gave me directions and a backpack to keep anything I get there. She told me I could keep it. I planned to.

        The library was only a ten minute walk away so it was pretty easy to find.
        When I got inside I headed straight for the information counter and asked for articles on missing people and Freddy Fazbears' Pizza. The lady working there gave me an odd look as to why I'd be getting those two things together and I just shrugged. She went into a back room and came back a few minutes later holding two files with what I was hopefully looking for. I thanked her and went to the back of the library and sat at a table. I flipped open the file on missing people and started reading through old articles.
        I didn't find anything worth looking into. Until I found an article on 5 missing children. Three of them where supposedly friends but the other two weren't connected to any of the others that they knew of. Two of them were brothers, who were separated at birth. The kids were never found. Nor were the bodies. But an unnamed man was arrested and detained after being caught on tape leaving the establishment. I kept reading the paragraph and almost bolted out of my chair and screamed 'I've got it!' When I read the next part.

                'Some people say the kids ran away. Others say they were murdered and then buried somewheres deep in the woods. And what the others say? Interestingly enough, there are rumours that the five children were murdered and then stuffed into animatronic suits. At Freddy Fazbears Pizza. It would explain the rotting smells parents are always complaining about and the blood oozing out of the robotics eyes and mouths. How gory.'

        I did gasp however and a librarian walking by asked if I was ok. I nodded and quickly apologized. She saw what I was reading and nodded like she understood.
        "The missing children. Poor things. It's really a shame they never found out what happened. Some of the theories  are pretty gory though, huh?" I never looked up from my paper. I just swallowed hard and nodded, "Yea.." It came out more as a whisper then anything.
        "Hope you find what your looking for," she waved and walked off.