Chapter 15

HELLO GUYS I M BACK WITH NEW UPDATE.. I HOPE YOU GUYS WILL ENJOY THIS UPDATE BECAUSE SOMETHING UNEXPECTED THING WILL HAPPEN... I HOPE YOU GUYS WILL LOVE THIS PART...

PLEASE GUYS PLZZ GIVE YOUR LOVELY FEEDBACK BY YOUR VOTES AND COMMENT... IT REALLY HELPS ME TO WRITE.

#THANK YOU

HAPPY READING

************

We reached my house from college and he parked in his drive.

"Hey, want to come in? We can tell my parents we're together. I told them I have a girlfriend and my mom almost died, I swear,"he said, chuckling and nodding towards his house with a hopeful expression.

"Wow, the whole meet the parents thing already?" I joked, pretending to be scared.

"I mean, what if they don't like me?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his waist and putting my face in his chest, faking horror.

He laughed and so did I. The idea of Manik' s parents not liking me was seriously funny. They already thought of me as a daughter. Manik was an only child because his mom had some problems when she gave birth to him, which left her unable to have more kids, so she loved me and always said that Cabir and I were part of the family.

I loved them too; they were great people, kind, funny and thoughtful. Actually, just like Manik, though it just took me a long time to see past all of his bravado. He pulled me into his house, holding my hand, smiling excitedly.

"Mom? Dad? You home?" Manik shouted, looking into the empty lounge. I could hear voices in the kitchen.

"Yeah, honey. We're in here," Nyonika said.

Manik smiled happily and dragged me to the kitchen. Nyonika aunty was baking cookies and Raj uncle was busy trying to eat the cookie mix straight from the bowl, making her laugh and hit his hand with the wooden spoon. I chuckled at the scene. They were always like this, she was the perfect housewife and mother, and he adored her and Manik, which was really sweet.

"Hey, Nandini. Long time no see," Raj said, grabbing me into a hug, which made my heart race.

"Hey, Raj uncle. Hi, Nyo aunty . How are you?" I asked cheerfully.

"We're great! Nandini, I would hug you but I'm covered in cookies, honey." Nyonika frowned, holding up her hands in evidence.

"Yeah, I can see that! They smell so good," I said, eyeing the already baked one son the plate on the counter. She passed the plate to me and I happily took one, smiling."Thanks."

"Hey! You said I couldn't have one because they were cooling," Raj whined, pouting, making me laugh; she picked up a cookie and tossed it at him with a wink.

"Ummm guys, I was wondering if you wanted to meet my girlfriend. Maybe she could have dinner with us tonight?" Manik suggested, putting his hand on the small of my back.

A grin spread across Nyonika's face. She looked so happy that I actually thought she was actually holding back tears.

"Oh, Manik! I'd love to meet her! I still can't believe you have a girlfriend. You spent all this time saying that there was only one girl for you and now you're finally able to move on and actually date someone!" she cooed, practically bursting with excitement and pride.

"Yeah OK, Mom, tone it down a bit,huh?" Manik mumbled, rolling his eyes.

"So, what time is she coming? Have you met her, Nandini? Is she nice?" Nyonika asked, beaming at me.