chapter 12

The time was starting to fly by and before I knew it, it was the week before Stacey's birthday party. We were in her room watching a movie. We had gotten pretty close over the past month and half, probably because we were together twenty-four-seven planning her party. But I didn't mind..much.

I waited until she fell asleep before I snuck out of her room. I was walking down the hall when I heard Tristan.

"And where do you think you're going?" He was leaning against the wall.

"Home, it's late and I need to pack." And I watched the smile disappear from his face.

"What do you mean pack?" His eyes narrowed. I could have shot myself for letting that slip.

"I forgot to tell you, I'm going away for the rest of the week but I'll be back before Stacey's party." I tried to slip past him but he grabbed my wrist.

"How many times do we have to have this conversation? You ask me before you leave town." He growled and I yanked my wrist from his grasp.

"And how many times do I have tell you I'm not some possession that you own. I don't have to tell you anything, I do it out of courtesy." I snapped.

"Where are you going?" His jaw clenched and eyes black.

"France." I smiled when his eyes narrowed.

"And what reason would you have to be going to France?" He looked suspicious.

"I'm visiting some friends." I said giving him a look of disinterest.

"What friends?" He hissed.

"Friends I met when I was at school over there. We done with this interrogation yet?" I said looking bored.

"Fine." He growled. "But I need to know what friends, where you're staying, and you need to call everyday."

I scoffed, "Dream on." And I shoved past him. He followed me until I was at the door.

"I mean it Em or you won't even make it out of town, I'll have men on you as soon as you step foot out of your house." He warned.

I sighed, "You can have the name of the hotel, and three phone calls over the week."

He took a moment to think it over then slowly nodded in agreement. "Fine, but I get to drive you to the airport." He looked at me, jaw set, practically begging me to challenge him on it.

"Deal. We leave at five in the morning." And I left to go home.

When I got home I flopped on my bed and groaned. He makes everything so difficult. And he's so bossy. I grumbled and tossed a pillow at the wall. Well that helped. Not.

He was right on time the next morning. And the best part, he brought coffee. He handed me a cup and I breathed in the warm steam rising from it.

"Thanks." I smiled and walked to the car. He didn't say anything, just put my luggage in the car. The silent treatment, great.

Well he only made it about five minutes into the car ride before he cracked. "So what are you gonna do while you're there?" I could tell he wanted to be nice about the whole, "me going away thing", but it came out as more of a growl.

"I dunno, probably shopping and just catching up." I answered and he just nodded. He didn't say anything the rest of the way there. He walked me into the airport and waited with me till I could board the flight. I was next in line to get on and he leaned over the little divider and gave me a kiss.

"I'll see you when you get back. And three calls you promised." I nodded and boarded the flight.

It was a private plane so there were only a few others on board with me. We all kept to ourselves, on our phones or laptops. I was on my laptop tracking Antonio's movements. He was currently at his house with a woman, who it looked like he was kicking out so they didn't have breakfast together.