chapter 23

It's been six days since I woke up from my almost death coma. Antonio hasn't said anything about what he plans to do next. I don't think he even knows.

I was growing quite bored. I've been here too long, everything's the same. Same rooms, same people, same schedule. I was going stir crazy. Even tea time with Antonio was no longer entertaining.

"Miss?" Someone asked. I turned towards the door to see a maid staring at me wearily.

"Yes?"

"Master Antonio would like to see you in his office." She replied and walked out.

I looked at the clock on the wall and noted it was too early for tea. "What could he want now?" I glowered as I made my way to his office. Even if I had refused he would have me dragged there. I was still too doped up on wolfsbane to fight back full force.

I didn't bother to knock, just walked in and sat down. He looked annoyed at the lack of manners but didn't say anything. He was getting used to my defiance.

"How are you today?" He asked.

I scoffed, "Well the stab wounds are healing."

"Good, good." He sat down and stared at me before heaving a heavy sigh.

"I no longer know what to do." He said finally. I raised an eyebrow but didn't interrupt.

"I thought for sure Tristan would give up the crown when he saw you being tortured, I swore he would have done anything for you." I didn't mention the fact that Tristan did try and give up the crown; I just let him continue on whatever he was getting at.

"But he didn't and I'm at a loss. How can I get the crown now? You're his mate, you mean more to him than anyone but he wouldn't give up the crown. And in a fight we would be evenly matched and I can't take the risk." I wanted to interrupt that he wouldn't be a match for Tristan but instead kept quiet.

"I am simply at a loss on how to get what I want, something that I assure you has never happened to me before."

"I bet." I mumbled. He opened his mouth to reprimand me for being rude but was cut off by shouting. I turned around in my seat to see people running in the halls. A group of huge men appeared.

"Sir, we're under attack. They've come for the girl." The leader said. Antonio grinned. And I didn't like it one bit.

"Wonderful news. It seems as if our deal has come to an end." He said and I whipped my head around to face him.

"Tristan was only safe as long as he didn't come for you, and he has. So our deal is no longer valid." A malicious smile crossed his face. This wouldn't end well.

"Take her." He commanded and two of the men came over and grabbed me by the arms and dragged me from the room, trailing behind Antonio. Damn wolfsbane. We made our way down the stairs and outside to the front.

Hundred of wolves everywhere. It seemed as if the time for battle had arrived. Antonio and his wolves, versus Tristan and his. We stepped forward and so did Tristan and Jace. I observed him. He had definitely lost weight and appeared as if he hadn't shaved in a few days. He looked tired and worn, but most of all pissed. His eyes scanned me over, relief in them that I appeared mostly unharmed but anger at the sight of the two men holding me. I scanned over all the wolves. It would be an even fight, either side could come out the victor. And then I saw a face. One I didn't want to see in a battle ever.

"You brought Stacey!" I scolded both of them and struggled to get free. She wouldn't last in a fight, she'd probably be the first to go. She had become a sister to me and I refused to let her die in fight over me.