chapter 13

Stacey's party was later tonight, which meant that everyone was rushing around in utter chaos.

"Oh my god oh my god" I heard Jace panic, "Where is her present?" He rushed past me but when he tried to avoid bumping into me, he slammed face first into the wall. I winced, he left a dent.

"Are you okay" I grabbed him by the arm and helped him up.

He shook his head a few times, "Gotta find her present, gotta find her present." And he was off again.

"Was that Jace?" Tristan came up behind me holding a big pink box with a bow, "He left Stacey's present in my office."

"Yeah he just had a little run in with the wall looking for that." I laughed and pointed to the dent.

"Ouch." We laughed.

"Emma there you are!" I turned to see Stacey running from the kitchen towards me.

"Here I am." I said a little weary.

"Can you go to the hotel and make sure everything looks okay?" She asked flipping through the binder she was carrying.

"Um I guess?" It was more of a question.

"Great! Thanks so much!" She smiled and was then on her phone asking about the caterer.

"So I guess I'll see you later?" Tristan asked.

"Yeah I'll meet you guys at the party." I smiled and left.

I went back home and packed a bunch of weapons to take to the hotel. There were going to be hundreds of people at the party tonight, many alphas included, and I had no idea who wanted Tristan dead. I couldn't take any chances.

It was only about a twenty minute drive to the hotel. When I pulled up, I grabbed the case of weapons and tossed the keys to the valet who drove off. I walked in and my eyes widened slightly. It was amazing, probably in the top ten for biggest hotels I've been to. I made my way to the ballroom where Stacey's party was going to be. When I opened the doors I stopped in my tracks. God lord Stacey, I thought. The place was decorated in pink. Everywhere. The tables, the curtains, the balloons, the centerpieces. Although it was a lot of pink, it looked good.

There were people rushing around everywhere, carrying things from flowers to cable cords. The person in charge saw me and came running over.

"Is everything to Miss Stacey's liking? Did she want anything changed?" The woman looked nervous.

"It's fine." I said and glanced around for the best places to stash the weapons, then noticed that she hadn't left yet.

"Just fine? Oh no she will be so upset and then fire us, and her brother is the crown alpha so who knows what he would do to us if this isn't perfect." Her eyes started watering and I winced.

"Everything's perfect, I mean it. She's going to love it" I consoled her.

"Are you sure?" she gulped.

"I'm positive, this place screams Stacey." I gave her a small smile and was off. I placed guns under the table where I would be sitting, the tables around where we would be, behind the bar and I hid a few knives and extra clips in the decorations around the room. I checked everywhere in the room to make sure no one else had been in before me and stashed any weapons. When I was satisfied that everything was up to standards I headed back home.

It was only about four when I got home and too early to start getting ready for Stacey's party. I didn't want to go back over to their house because Stacey would no doubt put me to work, so I decided to stay home and take a hot bath.