Easter Special

~picking up from alternative ending where (y/n) survives with Eren while Himuro is gone~

~from Eren's POV~
Easter morning. According to the Bible, Jesus rose from the tomb on this day...
...but it always reminds me of (y/n) and how she almost died but was returned to me.
He looked over at (y/n), who was lying beside him. He smiled gently, reaching out to brush a strand of hair out of her eyes, but Buttons the cat stalked over and sat down decisively, a barrier between Eren and (y/n).
Just once seemed like a coincidence, but Eren had been stopped multiple times by that cat...
On one occasion, Eren and (y/n) had been sitting on the couch in the middle of watching some chick flick when Eren had casually put his arm around (y/n) and was ready to kiss her. Just then, Buttons had jumped up and sat on (y/n)'s lap, and she turned her attention to the cat, petting him and cooing softly, and Eren was forgotten.
He could have sworn the cat was grinning.
A different time, Eren bought an engagement ring, ready to pop the question, and he got home just in time to stop Buttons from swallowing it.
Buttons is trying to steal (y/n) for himself!
Eren stared at Buttons contemplatively, unable to decide, and that's when he remembered a crucial piece of information...
While (y/n) was in the hospital, someone else was taking care of Buttons.
That someone was...
Levi.

Eren's eyes widened. Did Levi train Buttons specifically to separate (y/n) and me? No way...cats refuse to be trained...But then he thought of Levi's glare and conceded that Levi might just be able to do something like that.
He stared at Buttons, the paranoia growing in his gut...
...and Buttons stared back, looking positively content.
Eren moved his hand towards (y/n) and Buttons hissed, standing up on his haunches.
The noise caused (y/n) to stir, and she blinked wearily. "Morning, Buttons. Good morning, Eren," she whispered, smiling softly, and Buttons mewled desperately for her attention.
Oh my gosh, Buttons, you attention whore! (Y/N) IS MY WOMAN, NOT YOURS! GET YOU FILTHY PAWS OFF HER!
And wait a second...did (y/n) just notice THE CAT before she noticed ME?

Eren was nearly crying as (y/n) pulled Buttons closer and cuddled. "Happy Easter, Eren!" she whispered, and her adorableness dissipated Eren's worries.
"Happy Easter," he whispered back, reaching out and lightly running a hand through (y/n)'s hair.
A second later, Buttons latched onto Eren's wrist - with his teeth.
"What the hell!" Eren swore lightly, holding up his wrist, to which was attached a dangling cat.
"Eren! You can't hold Buttons like that!" (y/n) whisper-shouted, quickly taking Buttons and snuggling him to her. "You have to be gentle with him!" She proceeded to stroke Buttons' fur as he purred contentedly. After Eren had been silent for a minute, she looked up, eyes wide. "I'm sorry, Eren. I didn't mean to scold you...I just..." She blinked those wide, beautiful eyes at him. "I'm sorry?"
A little part of Eren's heart melted, and he looked down, blushing. "It's not you, (Y/n). I just..." He blushed harder, unable to look her in the face. "...Jealous."
"Huh?"
"I'm jealous," Eren repeated slightly louder, still looking down.
"Jealous?" (y/n) repeated, completely confused. "Of who?"
"...Buttons," Eren admitted.
"Huh?"
"I'M JEALOUS OF BUTTONS," Eren restated, flushed.
"Oh..." (Y/n) was quiet for a minute before she reached out and began running a hand through Eren's hair.
"What...are you doing?" Eren asked, swallowing, thought the feeling of her hand was not at all unpleasant.
"You're just upset because I'm petting Buttons and I'm not petting you, right?" she asked, blinking with a slight smile. She continued "petting" Eren's hair before running her hands over his face, and then his neck, and then his bare chest...
"I'M NOT JEALOUS ANYMORE! YOU CAN STOP!" Eren yelled, rolling off the bed, flushed completely red.
I don't think I can handle this...
"Oh? All right," (y/n) said, still completely innocent.
Damn Levi, and damn that cat of his...

And thus, Eren spent another Easter as a virgin as awkward as always.