Prologue

Hi okay, I'm writing this in 2019 at 22 years old when I wrote "Who Are You" probably starting at 13. Yes, there are plenty of mistakes but I was 13 so I'm not going back to fix them. I didn't even know trigger warnings existed in 2012/2013 so I'm going back, reading comments, and if a reader wrote 'hey this should have a trigger warning' I'm adding it out of respect but I'm not going to go back and edit every little spelling mistake and the fact I didn't know the difference between to and too when I was little. I hope you enjoy the fic, pleasure doing business with you 😂

Prologue

*Lauren's P.O.V*

I'm sitting backstage listening to all the acts sing their songs for the boot camp performances. Competition is pretty stiff this year, hopefully I blew the judges away when I sang with "Sister C". Everything's wrapping up when I hear the final song start to play. It's "Your Song" by Elton John. I close my eyes and lean my head against the way waiting for the voices to fill my ears. The first voice that rang through my ears wasn't half bad but I wasn't in love with it by any means. Finally, the next voice came; filling my ears with one of the most unique sounds I have ever heard. My eyes shot open and I ran to the stage entrance, peaking in to see who this amazing voice was coming from. Peering in I saw this tiny, stick of a girl. She had gorgeous, long, flowing dark hair; the most perfect complexion and sparkling eyes. Her voice ran up and down with so much power, I was in shock. "How could this voice be coming from this small girl?" I thought to myself.

Their song ended and I ran back to where I was sitting so I wouldn't be seen. When they performers came off the stage, they walked past me. The girl that I had been memorized by looked at me with an innocence in her eyes, smiled, then continued to walk to the waiting room where the rest of the contestants were. I sat there a moment longer thinking about the girl who had sparked my attention. I sighed and closed my eyes holding my head in my hands. I don't understand my feelings.

*Camila's P.O.V*

When I sat down in the crowded room; I put my headphones on, blasted music, and went into my own little world. I thought more about the girl with the green eyes. I had heard her sing earlier, it was amazing. Her voice is so raspy and yet soulful. It was intimidating to be in her presence. That's probably what caused the butterflies in my stomach when she looked me in the eye. "I wish I sang like her..." I thought to myself, "I'm so insecure. I hate it."

"Solo Artists to the stage!" A backstage hand shouted, breaking me from my thoughts. I took off my headphones and stood up, walking towards the stage. All the solo artists, including the girl I saw earlier, piled onto the stage. We stood there in fear of what was to come next. Starring at Demi Lovato, L.A. Reed, Brittney Spears, and the one and only Simon Cowell; I promised myself I wouldn't cry. But who was I kidding? I'm a wimp. I felt tears sting my eyes before the judges even started talking.

One by one they called names of the people who had gotten through, the longer they went without calling my name the bigger the pit in my stomach became. They called the last names and I cried. Simon apologized to the rest of us and told us we were talented but there just was room for us all. Demi shed a few tears. I just nodded and cried. We exited the stage and I noticed the green-eyed girl had not it through either, her shoulders shook with sobs. I felt the urge to go hug her but I kept my distance and walked back to the waiting room and collected my items.

I looked at all the crying faces and felt like my dream had been crushed. Suddenly, a stage crew member walked to the front of the room and yelled, "Excuse me! The judges asked me to call the following people back to the stage," she looked at her list, the room fell silent, "Camila Cabello," I shot up and wiped the tears from my eyes and stared at her, she continued to speak, "Ally Brooke, Dinah Jane Hansen, Normani Hamilton," I looked at the other girls who had stood up, we all stared at each other in disbelief not knowing what to think of it all, the women continued to read the fifth name, "and Lauren Jauregui, follow me we're gonna go to the stage, okay?" The beautiful, talented girl I had seen earlier stood and smiled at me.

*Lauren's P.O.V*

I can not believe my name had been called, along with the girl I had spied on. "Camila," I thought to myself, "Beautiful name, fits her." I smirked. The other four girls who had been called and I followed the stage crew member to the stage entrance. We walked onto the stage facing the judges. Simon looked at us sternly, "We have called you back for a reason, you are all to special to lose. So as a group, we want you to come, as you are, to the judges' houses. The girls began to scream and jumping around. It took me a second to let it all sink in. My dream was coming true, I had made it, I didn't care if it was in a group, maybe these girls would help me get a new start to my life. I smiled and started jumping with the others. We pulled each other into a group hug. I held on tightly to all of them, letting a single tear fall down my face. Camila tapped me on the shoulder, as I turned to look at her she wiped my cheek with the back of her smooth hand. I felt electricity when she touched me. She smiled a warm smile at me and once I smiled back she grabbed my waist, pulling me back into the other girls' grasp. We held hands as we walked off the stage. I could tell this would start my adventure with the great Camila Cabello.

----------------------

Author's Note: Hiii! Sooo This is my first fanfic. Bare with me. I know the title doesn't really make sense currently. The title is after the girls' song "Who Are You", that will make more sense later. I apologize if it's straight up bad haha Lemme know what you think? Please? I know the beginning can kinda be boring but I needed to set up at basis for the story, you know? So yeah, vote, comment? do whatever you wanna do! Thanks(: I'll probably update more later, I have lots of ideas!