Chapter 13: What Lies Within

*Normani's P.O.V.*

The piercing smell of eggs and fruit wafted through my bunk, waking me up from a sound sleep.  I tore back the curtain and rested my feet on the cold wood floor, fighting the urge to go back to bed.  Ally woke up and sat on the edge of her bed, dangling and swinging her feet.

"Good morning!" She smiled happily.

"Morning," I grumbled.  "How on Earth can you be so lively in the morning?"

"Oh! I've been awake for a while, just never got out of the bed." she laughed. "Then I smelled food so I decided to go check it out."

We both get up and pad to the kitchen.  I notice Lauren standing at the stove and Dinah setting the table.  "Morning!" Ally and I say in unison.

"Hey!" Dinah says while setting down 5 plates.

"Morning Ladies," Lauren smiles at us.  "Breakfast will be ready soon."

"Thanks Lo!" Ally says as we grab silverware and help Dinah set the table.

Soon Lauren walks over with a plate full of French toast, a plate of eggs, a bowl of fresh fruit and sets it on the table.  "Dig in ladies." She smiled.

"Where's Camila?" Ally asked stuffing her face with the French toast.

"She had a headache this morning, she's still in bed.  I'm going to bring her a plate." Lauren said as she loads a plate with everything on the table.  "I'll be right back." She flashes a quick smile and disappears down the hall.

"Someone must have had a good night sleep!" Dinah giggles, admiring the food Lauren made.

"It's probably because her and Mila are okay again." Ally added.

I just nod because my mouth is full of food.

Lauren reappears and sits down at the table with us, grabbing an apple, taking a bite into it.  "Aren't you going to eat more than that Lo?" I asked.  "You're food is amazing!"

"Thank you!" She said happily. "No, I ate some when I was making it.  Couldn't help myself, it looked so good."

I giggled, "Well it's great!" the other girls agreed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

When we finished we helped Lauren clean then Ally jumped in the shower, starting our typical morning rotation.  If only this bus has more than one bathroom, mornings would be a lot quicker.  I laughed to myself and sat next to Dinah and Lauren on the couch, they were watching cartoons.

"What are we doing today?" I asked staring to play with Laurens hair.

"Well, we're driving for a while, story of our lives," Lauren rolls her eyes, "We're going to a studio to re-record a cover, which one? I don't know."

We continue to lounge on the couch and watch cartoons until we have all had the opportunity to get ready.

Eventually Camila made and appearance in the door way.  "Good morning," she said rubbing her eyes.

"It's 2 in the afternoon Mila, it ain't morning." Dinah laughs.

"Yeah whatever." Camila giggles and sits on the couch, groaning in pain.

"You okay?" Lauren looks at her concerned.

Camila nods, "I'm tired and my head hurts." She rubs her temples.

"Come here," Lauren pulls Mila closer to her and wraps an arm around her.  Camila rests her head on Lauren's shoulder.  "Just close your eyes and rest until we get to the studio."  Camila nods and falls back to sleep.