Chapter 15: Baby Steps

*Camila's P.O.V*

I woke up on the couch with Lauren still in my arms. I look at her while she sleeps peacefully. Her eyes were puffy and red from crying the night before. Her cheeks were a pale but her nose was a bright pink. She was sleeping so soundly, I didn't want to wake her so I next to her. The remote was next to me, I turned the TV on quietly so Lauren could continue to sleep.

After a while Normani burst into the living room. "Hey!"

"Be quiet!" I hushed her. "Lolo's still sleeping. She didn't fall asleep again until late, let her rest."

Normani nodded and sat down next to me on the couch. "Is she okay?" she motioned towards Lauren.

I nodded slowly, not knowing how to respond without divulging Lauren's inner secrets. It's hard because I care about her so much that I wish I could have the other girl look after her while I'm not around, but that's not how it works. "She just had a really bad dream, it was really vivid so she stayed up worrying that it was real."

"But Lo never cries, it was kind of scary to hear her scream and sob before you guys left." Normani said pouting.

"I know, but sometimes the strongest break." I shrug.

Ally and Dinah come through the door way and we make sure they stay quiet.

"I think I'm going to make Lauren breakfast, any one want to help me?" I asked slowly standing up, laying Lauren down and covering her with a blanket, making sure she was comfortable but didn't wake up.

All of the girl nod and follow me to the kitchen. We start to put together Lauren's favorite breakfast: waffles, toast, strawberries, and nutella. I'm glad I have all the other girls with to help me, they are so supportive. I'd probably fall apart without them. I smile to myself and put slices of toast in the toaster.

Dinah is manning the waffle maker, Ally is chopping the strawberries, and Normani is setting the table. I took the toast out of the toaster and start to butter it.

"Camila!" Lauren screams from the other room. I jump, dropping the butter knife onto the floor being. "Camz!" Lauren starts to cry.

"Normani, can you finish the toast please?" I ask running out of kitchen into the living room.

Lauren was sitting on the couch, her knees to her chest. She was rocking back and forth and crying. I sit next to her and pull her into my chest. "Shh, baby I'm here." More sobs escape from her perfect lips. "Don't cry, Lolo." I kiss the top of her head. "What's wrong?"

"I-I-I had a dream, I was all alone, I woke up and you weren't there." Tears ran down her face.

"I went to go make you some food. You are never alone, okay? You have me, Mani, Dmac, and Ally." she nodded and I held her close. "Come on, we made you some breakfast." she looked at me with a fear stricken face. "Don't worry, baby steps, you don't have to eat that much."

I got up and led her to the kitchen where the other girls were already sitting and eating. We sat down and the girls smiled at Lauren, not knowing what to say due to previous events.

I put half of a waffle, half of a piece of toast, and a few strawberries on a plate and handed it to Lauren. She looked at the plate, then looked at me. I held her hand under the table and gave it a quick little squeeze. She took a bite of toast and I smiled at her. I was so proud.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was about 4pm. We weren't going to get to Boston until about 8pm so we all decided to just relax before we got to a hotel full of screaming fans that prevented relaxation. Normani decided to go take a nap and Ally and Dinah were in the entry way talking to Mr. Foxxe, leaving Lauren and I in the living room.

"Camz I'm gonna go take a shower," she stood up walking away from the couch.

"Okay, but I'm sitting in the bathroom with you to keep you safe." I responded following her.

"I don't need a baby sitter, Camila!" she rolled her eyes.

"I know you don't.." I reached for her hand. "You need a friend."

She looked at me, her eyes softened and they glazed over with tears, "Thank you." she whispered. I just nodded.

We got to the bathroom and she stood there awkwardly looking at her feet. "Oh!" I exclaim closing my eyes and turning around.

I giggled, hearing her sigh and turn on the water. I heard her strip her clothes but did not hear her move the curtain and get into the shower. I know exactly what she's doing. "Lolo?"

"Hmm?" she responded.

"Get in the shower. Stop looking in the mirror, judging yourself. You are beautiful, no, beyond that." I wish I could hug her but that would be weird.

I hear her move the curtain and step into the shower, closing the curtain behind her. We stay silent for a moment until I hear a small whimper. "Baby," I said in a hushed tone. "I'm so proud of you for trying. Keep going, I believe in you."

"Cammi," She peaked her head out of the curtain. I bit my lip, my eyes scanning her bare, wet shoulders. "Will you sing to me?"

"Of course, Lo." I reply and start to sing to her softly.

------------------------------------

Hey, I deleted Dinahs's POV because people got so confused. I didn't mean to write it with the same scene twice. It was an accident.