Chapter 37: Can You Feel My Heart

*Camila's P.O.V*

Everything seems to be moving in slow motion.  I watch the paramedics run into our room.  They don't seem to be going fast enough, do they even want to save her?  Ally points to the bathroom and they disappear inside the door.  Ally's grip around me is tight.  I cry into her shoulder.  Dinah appeared in the bathroom doorway making her way towards us.  Her shirt had some of Lauren's blood on it.  I cringed at the thought of it all.

Dinah's cheeks are flushed, the color is drained from her face.  Her eyes bloodshot and puffy.  She looked like she was going to fall apart again but she didn't.  She just sat next to us on the bed saying nothing at all.  She stared straight ahead but placed her hand on my back, rubbing it slightly.

One of the paramedics reappeared and made her way towards us.  "She has a pulse, it's slow but it's there.  We're hooking her to an oxygen machine to steady her breathing.  Then she has to go get her stomach pumped."  She handed her card to Ally.  "Here's where she'll be taken."  Ally thanked her and the paramedic jogged back into the bathroom.

Shortly after the team returned.  Lauren was on a gurney with an oxygen mask, she had never looked so helpless.  I wanted to run and just kiss it all better.  But I couldn't.  I just cried harder into Ally's chest.

"Come on," Ally said, standing and holding my hand.  "Let's go get Normani and we'll make our way to the hospital."

I nodded and followed Ally with Dinah close behind.

 - - - - - - - - - - --

We burst into the hospital, making our way to the 3rd floor waiting room.

We waited for what seemed like hours.  Dinah, Ally, and Normani  took naps intermittently, taking turns staying up with me.  Many times did they tell me I should sleep but I just couldn't get my body to settle down.  I was restless.  I felt like I needed to go run a marathon.  The love of my life could be laying in a hospital bed dying and I wasn't there to hold her.  No one was with her.  We were all in the waiting room.  Her parents were in Miami, not able to come out here because every flight was canceled due to weather.  Ugh, perfect timing.  Fuck you too Mother Nature.  Lauren needs her family.  Dinah promised to keep them updated the minute we heard anything.  They had already talked to the hospital giving them permission to help Lauren in anyway and that she can be released to Mr. Foxxe when the time comes.

I passed the waiting room, it was about 3 in the morning.  Finally a doctor came out of a long dark hall.  "Anyone for Lauren Jauregui?"  We all pounced to our feet.  Seeing as we're the only one in the waiting room you would think someone of his smarts would just put two and two together.  I shook my anger away, knowing none of this was his fault.

The doctor made his way towards us.  "I just wanted you to know that Ms. Jauregui is in stable condition.  She had a lot of medication in her system but we have seemed to pump it in time.  She also lost a lot of blood but not to much.  Lauren got really lucky this time around.  The only thing is-"

"When can I see her?!" I demanded, interrupting the doctor.

"That's the thing," he said assertively.  "Ms. Jauregui is unconscious.  She may be under for as little as 3 hours to as much as 3 months or even more.  We won't know until we do more tests.  You may see her now if you'd like but don't create to much commotion.  Although she is unconscious, her body is very sensitive to noise and movement."

We all nodded, not knowing what to say.

"She's in room 327." he smiled before leaving us alone in the cold, unwelcoming waiting room.