Chapter 16: Meet and Greet

*Normani's P.O.V*

Today we have our free, surprise meet and greet.  I love meeting our fans.  They all have so much to say.  Some laugh when they see us, some smile, some don't know what to say, some even cry.  We're just people.  I don't know why they get so excited, but they do.  It makes me so happy though.  They are so supportive of all we do and I wish I could thank every single one individually and personally but sadly I can't, so these meet and greets are the closest thing I'm going to get to that, so I appreciate this opportunity.

We get to the long, dingy, dark, hallway the concert venue set our meet and greet up in.  The lights flickered on and I noticed a large table with a red table cloth that had a large "5H" on the front.  Boxes of posters and eps were behind the table along with 5 large white chairs.  Colorful sharpies scattered the table.  A long velvet rope led from the door the fans will enter from to the beginning of our table.  Soon fans would flood in and wait patiently(or not so patiently) to come see us.

The girls and I walked slowly to the table, taking all that was about to happen in and just letting our mind process.  We sit down and just look at each other, with smiles on our faces.  Dinah sat next to me, on the left end of the table.  Lauren was perched on my other side and next to her was Camila.  Lastly, Ally was on the right end, swinging her feet with the biggest smile on her face.

Three large men dressed in suits come over to us.  "Hello, we're appointed to keep you girls safe this evening." the first one says in a very deep, rough voice.

"I'll be manning the door, while Steve here," he gestured towards the man who had just spoken, "will man the door.  Calvin," he motioned to the third and largest guy, "will be standing near the table in case he is needed to intervene."

We nod and they all go to their stations after talking to each other.

"You girls ready for some fans?" the man at the door smiled.

"Yesssss!" the girls and I scream.

With that he opens the door.  Screaming girl and boys rush through them, filling up every empty space in the line.  The large men barked orders to keep everyone safely in line.

Slowly but surely fans start to form in front of our table.  Starting at Ally moving all the way down to Dinah.  I smiled, I love out fans so much.  I heard a lot of, "I love you Normani!" "Mani, your voice is amazing." "Follow me on twitter!" and "Thank you for changing my life!"

*Normani's Thoughts*

It's weird to think about the fact that I could actually change someones life.  Like, I'm just a normal teenage girl who happened to get really lucky on a talent television show.  There is really nothing special about me.  I'm average.  It is so cool to hear that I made that big of an impact on someone though.  I love that Fifth Harmony's music can just be played and someone can be instantly happy and I'm so thrilled I can be part of that.

*Back to Normani's P.O.V*

I tugged on the hem of my skirt and smiled at the upcoming fans.  I signed merchandise and took pictures for what seemed like hours.  My hand ached and my cheeks hurt from smiling but I do it because I love my fans.

A new group approached the table.  I looked at all the girls and studied them talking to fans while I waited for one to come to my part of the table.

Dinah looked so professional, as if she's been doing this her entire life.  Ally seemed as if she was a child in a candy store, so happy.  Camila couldn't stop smiling.  She would blush every time someone complimented her.  She is so humble.  She acted as if this was a dream and handled every fan with care.  One of the fans seemed to catch Lauren's eye.  I saw her stand up, grab the girl's arm and steer her away from the table.

****Lauren's P.O.V*

We have been sitting in these chairs for at least two hours by now.  The line seemed to be getting longer every time I looked at it.

More fans approach the table.  Soon a beautiful girl, about 15 or 16, with beautiful blonde hair that falls loosely over her shoulders, sweeping her waist.  Her pale blue eyes bore into mine.  She blinked with a particular uncertainty that made me want to wrap her in my arms and never let go.  Her thin lips formed a slight, forced, fake smile and she handed me a poster to sign.  

I signed it and handed it back.  As she reached for it, the bracelets on her arm shifted.  It reviled a heavy coat of concealer, unnoticeable to the average person but I know exactly what it means.  Realizing my gaze had been on her wrist for a little to long my eyes snapped to her face.  She looked at me in horror, water glossed over  her eyes, turning a deeper blue with sadness.  I took her arm and drug her away from the table.

"Baby," I soothed as we stopped halfway down the hall, away from the crowd.  "is this what I think it is?" I ran my thumb over her wrist.

She nodded and looked down at the floor.  She shuffled her feet and shifted awkwardly in my grasp.  "I don't want you to ever do that again." I lifted her chin and looked her straight in the eye.  "You are worth so much more than this.  You are deserving of love, of happiness, and of all the possibilities you have in the world right now.  You're like what? 15..16 years old? The world is at your finger tips.  You have so much life ahead of you." I grab one of her hands on her heart and her other hand on mine.  "You feel that?" she nods. "It's life, Sweetheart, and I want.. no I need your heart to keep beating.  Can you do that for me?"

The girl drops her hands and takes a step away from me.  She brushes her hair our of her eyes, I can see tears forming in the corners.  "I don't know if I can do that, Lauren."

"Hey, don't be so down on yourself.  You are capable of anything.  I know it.  I want you to stay here, trying to get better, and don't take anything to far.  I love you.  You're beautiful.  I will give you tickets to our next meet and greet around here, because I want to see your beautiful face.  I don't want anything to ever happen to you.  Please, just try." my voice cracked, trying not to cry.  She just nodded, at this point tears were flowing freely down her face.  "By the way, what's your name?

"Skye, " she choked out.  "Skye Dunley."

I pulled her into a hug.  With that, she finally let go.  Releasing all of her pain and suffering onto me with every sob.  I held her tight and combed through her hair.  "I love you Skye.  Stay strong." I whispered and just held her while she cried.

*Ally's P.O.V*

We've been going at this meet and greet for what seemed like hours.  It was almost done, the line was getting shorter and I am thankful for the rest I'll get before our concert tomorrow.  Lauren ran off with a fan earlier and has been down the hall with her ever since.  I look over at them.  Lauren's long arms are wrapped tightly around the girl's waist.  The girl's shoulders heave as if she's crying.  Lauren looks over at the table and mouthed sorry to me.  She takes the girl even farther down the hall and disappears into the bathroom.

Soon she reappeared and the girl scurried out of the building.  Lauren sat back down and continued with greeting the rest of the fans.

- - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - -

We arrived at our hotel around midnight.  We split into two rooms.  Camila and Dinah in one and Normani, Lauren, and I in the other.

We got ready for bed as fast as we could knowing we won't get much sleep although we have a concert in the morning.

As soon as I rested my head on my pillow, I fell asleep with a huge smile on my face.

------------------------------------------------------

Hiii! SO SORRY the update took so long.  I've been busy then my computer didn't want to work.  

The next will be up tomorrow. PROMISE. I'ma start the first half tonight and finish tomorrow so I know it gets up.  Thanks for putting up with me <3