Chapter 3: Wake Up Call

*Dinah's P.O.V*

I looked at the clock as I made my way from the kitchen to the bunk hall to wake up Mila, Lauren, and Ally who were still sleeping.  "It's 11 already?! Dang, those girls can sleep!" I thought and laughed to myself.

When I entered the bunk area Ally was already up.  "Hey" she smiled.

"Hi! Pancakes in the kitchen if you're hungry, first night on the bus go well?"

"Yes! I slept really well actually, thanks.  And yuumm! I'm starving!" She hopped off her bed and ran towards the kitchen while licking her lips.  I heard Normani scream and the fridge shut, I guess Ally surprised her.  I smirked.

Now for Lauren and Camila.  I decided to start on Camila first, she would take longer to wake up.  "Mila!" I yelled, "Time to wake up!  We have pancakes and bac-" I stopped in mid sentence after opening her curtain to see two heads curled up together, close in the small bunk.

I coughed and Lauren turned over and saw me.  She looked back over at Camila then back at me, falling off the bunk nearly 5ft to the ground.  She looked up at me wide-eyed.  "Laur-" I got cut off by her standing and running off to the bathroom.  "Well that was odd," I say to myself.  Looking back to the bunk, I noticed Mila had woken up and was just staring into space.  "Mila, there's food in the kitchen!"

It took her a moment to snap back to reality.  Finally she smiled and flipped her hair back getting down, safely, from her bed.  "Good! I'm hungry!"

"When aren't you?" I laughed and shook my head, going back to the kitchen with Camila.

When I arrived in the kitchen Mila was already at the table scarfing down a pile of pancakes drenched in syrup with Ally and Mani.  I smiled, happy that I got to spend my time with and work with these girls.  They are truly my best friends.

"Thanks for the pancakes," Ally said to Normani, taking me out of my daze.

"You're welcome!" Normani smiled, "They aren't as good as Lauren's but I didn't want to wake her to make her make us food."

"How nice of you." Ally laughed, sticking out her tongue.

"Speaking of Lauren," Camila stated with a mouth full of pancakes, but sounding concerned, "where is she?"

"I dunno," Normani shrugged, "I think the bathroom.  She ran through her like a bat out of hell when Dinah went to go wake the two of you up."

Camila thought about it for a moment, her eyes quickly glancing at me; I just shrugged.  She tried to shrug it off but I could tell she was worried.  "What's on the agenda for today?" she asked anyone willing to answer.

"Well, once we get to Salt Lake City, which should be very soon, we have a radio interview at 2, a quick performance at 5, then a meeting about the actual tour at like 7 over dinner." I said knowingly.

Camila smiles, thanking me and goes back to her food.  I sit to eat as well.  Time passes and we need to get ready for the interview because it is already almost 12:30.  Lauren has been in the bathroom/closet area for nearly an hour and a half.  That is really weird of her, did I scare her that bad when I woke her up?  Did she not want me to see her cuddled up to Camila?  I understand, they're best friends, plus Mila's kind of a baby so maybe she wasn't sleeping well and Lauren came to make her feel better and the both accidently fell asleep.  Either way, I really didn't care.  Lauren just needed to get out of the bathroom so we could get ready.

I went to the bathroom, Normani was already pounding on the door, no luck.  I did the same, "Lauren, we need to get ready for our interview."  I heard a sigh and the door finally clicked open.

Lauren calmly and collectively walked out; wearing a new outfit, hair done perfectly, her make up done as Normani would say 'On Point'.  She pushed passed us as if she had just been getting ready for 15 minutes like usual and it was no big deal.  She looked completely like her average self except a particular sadness behind her eyes.  I didn't press on, she's not the kind of person that likes to mention when she has problems. Plus we needed to get ready.

Lauren disappears as Normani and I run into the closet and bathroom frantically getting ready.

************(this means different person's P.O.V. but some time period)

*Lauren's P.O.V.*

"Mila!" I hear Dinah call, "Time to wake up!  We have pancakes and bac-" she stops abruptly, opening Camila's curtain.  I can feel her eyes staring at me.  I move slowly.  I look at Dinah, at sleeping Camila, then back at Dinah standing there in near shock.  I realized Camila and I's legs and fingers were still intertwined from the night before.  Shocked at the sight Dinah was witnessing I tried to loosen Camz's grip on one of my hands and legs.  She had a firm grasp, so in trying to slip out of them, I fell to the floor.  Looking up at Dinah, I ran off to the bathroom and locked the door, sinking against it as I begin to cry.

I thought about last night's events.  "She was upset," I reminded myself, "She needed her best friend."  I whimpered through muffled sobs.  My mind began to race, "Wait, what did I tell her last night?!  She was feeling insecure, so I told her how wonderful she was.. right?! I didn't go overboard so she started assuming things did I?  Shit. I probably just fucked this all up.  And Dinah saw us cuddling, well, cuddling can be a friendly thing but our fingers were interlaced and I looked so shocked when Dinah saw us. Crap." I worried to myself as my crying grew into almost a hysterical fit.

A smell of pancakes and bacon wafted through the entire bus, hitting the bathroom.  It was to overwhelming and I made my way to the toilet and vomit.  I scowled at myself in the mirror, "This can't be happening again.." I whispered.  I puke again and fell to the floor.  Heaving sobs shook my body; I stuck a towel in my mouth, trying to muffle my cries.  It must have worked, none of the girls came to find me, "Thank god," I sighed.

I heard Camila ask where I was, a certain twang of concern was in her voice and I felt guilt rush over me for leaving her.  She needed me and I ran off.  I grunt while standing up, staring at myself in the mirror.  "I don't understand my feelings for Camila.  One day she's my best friend, the next she makes me a stronger person, but then she makes me weaker than I've ever been to think I screwed  us up, and then other days I want to just hold her, kinda like last night, but hold her close to me, kiss her, be with her.." I shook of that train of thought.  She's my best friend, the hell am I thinking. 

I decide to get ready for the day as I hear Dinah explain to Camila what our schedule is today.  I clean my face and brush my teeth, trying to make no evidence that I have just been crying for an hour or so.  I stare at my blank face in the mirror and force new tears away so I can put make up on.  I try to make my make up as perfect as it can be, I practice a fake smile in the mirror, and exit the bathroom to the closet.  Thank god they are connected so I don't have to walk back through the girls all sitting and eating and being happy.  I changed black skinny jeans, a simple tee, slid my leather jacket on over my arms and pushed it to fall perfectly on my shoulders.  Going back to the bathroom, I ran a brush through my hair and put it into a slicked back ponytail.  I took the moment to take my transformation in.  Broken girl one minute, perfect and composed the next.  Just like my old life.  I sigh and pounding on the door shatter my thoughts.

"Lauren, we need to get ready for our interview."  I heard Dinah say, I sighed and opened the door.  As I pushed past them I felt their eyes bore into me, but I just continued walking, ignoring them.

-------------------------------

Hey! Sorry this is short/: I started it last night but fell asleep and I have school today and I'm running late so I didn't continue.  Thank you so much for the votes and the readers I'm slowly accumulating! Means a lot.

I thought I'd give both Dinah and Lauren's P.O.V from what happened this morning to clarify why Lauren ran off when she saw Dinah.

What's next for Camren?  Will Lauren back up being concerned about outing her feelings?  What's gonna happen next?!