Chapter 6: Are These Feelings True?

Chapter Trigger Warning

*Dinah's P.O.V*

The performance went pretty well. We only sang like 5 songs because it was supposed to get people pumped for the tour, not give it all away. Lauren finally snapped out of the funk she was in and Camila was happy during the entire show, thankfully.

I want to fall over from exhaustion but we had one more thing to get done: dinner meeting with the producers and tour manager. "Ugh," I sighed plopping myself into my bunk as we made the trip to the restaurant.

- - - - - - -

We sat at our private booth waiting for Stacy, the tour manager and Julian, our producer. They arrived with bright smiles on there faces, "Hello girls! Lovely show!" Julian exclaimed.

"Thank you." We all smile.

"Now girls, we need to talk set lists and choreography for this tour." Stacy said sternly as we looked over the menu as the waitress approached out table.

After the waitress receives our orders, Stacy continues, "You still need to write that song, ladies you have like a week." She seemed to be angry. "You will have prearranged writing time with a music theory teacher until this song is done." We groan. "Hey! It's your own fault."

"The song will also go on the album, so make it a good one!" Julian chimed in with a wink.

"Exactly," Stacy said rolling her eyes. "Now, you will absolutely be singing Miss. Movin' On because that is your single and Better Together because that is the name of your album. Would you like to cover Red like usual?" We all nodded. "Any other cover ideas?"

"Anything Could Happen!" Camila piped, stuffing the recently arrived food into her mouth.

"Honeymoon Avenue!" Ally smiled.

"American?" Lauren asked.

"Let It Be, Impossible, and Stay!" Normani answered excitedly.

They all looked at me, "Well obviously Thinking 'Bout You!" I smiled.

"Uh huh, okay." Stacy mumbled while writing on a piece of paper, "I also want you girls to sing Leave My Heart Out of This." We agreed and continued to eat.

"At the end of this week," Julian started as he shoved pasta into his mouth, "you'll be starting recording, you better be ready. This could make you big, yet again it could also crush you."

It was scary to think one thing we did could make or break our entire careers. I can't believe we even got this far, I smiled to myself.

"You'll also start having dance rehearsal again this week." Stacy huffed as she ate a piece of garlic bread. "You girls need to stop procrastinating." She half smiled.

We continued to eat and have little conversations, boring ourselves because no one was awake enough to pay attention, except for maybe Camila; she always seems to be bouncing off the walls.

I accidentally knocked my spoon onto the floor while eating soup, causing my face to get splashed. Normani dies of laughter. I lean under the table to pick up my spoon, trying to locate it I accidentally grab Ally's foot like 3 times. I finally decide to go under the table to just find this damn spoon. Looking around I notice Camila and Lauren are holding hands under the table, Lauren's thumb gently rubbing up and down on top of Camila's. "They are honestly the cutest best friends ever. Even if they fight, they're still always there to support and protect the other." I smirked to myself, finding the spoon and sat back on the bench.

Once I sat up I saw Lauren look at me with wide eyes and look down at her hands. "She's been acting weird lately." I thought to myself, "Oh well. She'll talk when she wants."