Chapter~1

The sun was setting as Evangeline Lestrange scampered around her families massive garden, she ran across the marble stones that led her to her cousins; Draco's equally big Mansion, he waited there.

"Evana, I've been waiting for ages, where have you been?" Draco complains. Draco always complains, about everything. He has a certain talent for making everything about him and his own privileges.

"Sorry, Draco. Mother was talking to me about Diagon Alley, apparently tons of those mud-bloods are there." Evana complains back, she too was highly privileged, but she showed it less and less with age, something that distinguished her from her older cousin.

"Yeah, Mother and Father have told me about it too, the place is infected with mud-bloods. They are just like rats." Draco scolds, of course the two young wizards were ignorant to the prejudice their pure-blood parents have entailed on them, it filled Draco with hate and Evana with curiosity, she found it hard to hate a group of people for no exact reason.

"Come on let's go to yours." Evana says smiling, her most beautiful asset. Every night they took turns to go to different houses of the Slytherin pure-bloods. Tonight was the Malfoy Manor night. Evana loved it there, it was a more tidy and modern replica of her own house, which had been left almost to ruins (if not for Bonnie) after her father had been taken away all those years ago. Mr. Malfoy even had the vanity of buying white feathered peacocks, which both Draco and Evana loved to pet.

"Hello Evangeline dear." Narcissa Malfoy smiled at her niece, Narcissa loved her niece as if she was her own, she practically was as Bellatrix was an absent mother who didn't know how to love like a mother or even care like a mother, because of this Narcissa felt a responsibility to see Evana as her second child. Narcissa does have another niece, she's called Nymphadora Tonks, 'A filthy Half-Blood' Lucius Malfoy always said. The Malfoys always have preferred the Lestranges to the Tonks. Well first off Ted Tonks, Narcissa and Bellatrix's brother-in-law is from a muggle household (non magical human) and to them that is an insult to the Black family name. Also Nymphadora, is not a Slytherin, but a Hufflepuff, breaking the family tradition. Evana and Draco were sure to keep their families happy by being sorted into Salazar Slytherin's house.

"Hello, Aunt Narcissa, Uncle Lucius." Evana smiles back at Narcissa, and to her Uncle Lucius.

"Well Hello, Evana. Do you want any food?" Lucius says looking up from a newspaper labeled 'The Daily Prophet'. He always felt it was a slight responsibility to have Evana in his family, even feeding her as she would most likely be malnourished without the Malfoys and he held a resentment to his sister in law because of it.

"That would be lovely. Thank you." Evana Thanks him, she was in need of a proper meal today.

"Dobby!" The man shouts. Within an instant a small house-elf hobbles into the room, a pillow case used for clothes, his ears are droopy and his eyes are like tennis balls. You could tell Dobby the House Elf, can't of been fed too often, just like Evana, he was thin as a stick.

"Yes, sir?" Dobby squeaks.

"Make Evangeline tea and a slice of cake!" Mr Malfoy orders, Dobby bows his head to both Lucius and Evana.

Minutes later Dobby bustles in with cake and a pot of tea. "For you mistress Evangeline Lestrange." Dobby says handing her a plate with a slice of Victoria sponge cake neatly on it.

"Father can I have some?" Draco asks his dad.

"Yes Draco." His Father says, not looking away from his paper. Draco takes a plate and holds it out so Dobby can platter cake on it.

"Would Mistress and Master like their tea now?" Dobby asks uncertainly.

"Yes, please." Evana says, Dobby poured a cup of tea into a posh china tea cup, and slowly hands it to Evana.

"Mater Draco?" Dobby asks.

"I don't want any." Draco sneers.

"You can go now." Narcissa pushes the door open so Dobby can leave, but she lets it swing shut before he is properly out the door, the poor elf winced before shuffling away. "So Evangeline, are you excited for Hogwarts?" Narcissa asks, a smile plastered on her obsessively pale face.

"Yes, Auntie. I can't wait for Quidditch." Evana replies, putting an empty plate down.

"It's a shame first years can't do it. I just know it's some stupid rule that ancient Dumbledore uses to drain the light out of us." Draco puffs.

"Yeah, but it will be nice just to sit and watch the matches." Evana replies, rolling her eyes at her cousins drama.

"But it's more fun actually doing it." Draco moans on.

"Now, now Draco, your time will come, stop being impatient it's irritating and child like." Mr Malfoy tuts.

"Anyway, I've heard Slytherin have the best team!"Evana gloats, avoiding Draco's crimson cheeks. It's true the Slytherin house have won all quidditch cups for the past five years.

"I can't wait to be sorted into Slytherin!" Draco says, grinning at Evana. He quickly looks over at his father to see if he shows any sort of approval- he doesn't and Draco feels his heart drop.

"Same, Slytherin is by far the best house!" Evana agrees. Narcissa smiles at the cousins, they are the best of friends, and so alike as well.

Over the next twenty odd minutes the two chatters simply talk about the magical school. Talking about the secret passageways and the sorting hat. The legends of the Ghosts. The four founders. The dark forbidden forest and all its inhabitants.

"Evangeline?" Bellatrix Lestrange calls to her daughter. She seems irritated- as usual.

"Mother, over here!" Evana beckons, to where her and Draco were in deep conversation.

"Aunt Bellatrix, can we go to Diagon Alley tomorrow, together?" Draco asks, Bellatrix sighs impatiently but smiles at Draco slightly .

"What does your mother say, Draco?" She says, her hand on her slim waist.

"She says yes!" Narcissa says from behind Bellatrix, making her sister jump.

"Alright then, well we have a big day ahead of us, so lets get some rest, Home now. Evangeline out." Bellatrix says before motioning to her younger sister she wants to talk to her.

"Night Draco..." Evana says yawning walking slowly to her Mother.

"Night Evana." Draco smiles.

"See you tomorrow, bright and early." Narcissa says kissing the top of Evana's head.

Narcissa follows Bellatrix outside and looks at her anxiously. "I'll need to be transfigured." Bellatrix scowls.

Her younger sister nods. "Do you think it's worth the risk, Bella." She paused, biting her thin lip. "Lucius and I-"

"Don't even start Cissy," Bellatrix snapped at her. "She's my daughter! When are you going to accept she isn't yours!"

Narcissa looked at her sister before rolling her eyes. "And what do you think my answer to that is?" She said, feeling her anger come through. Bellatrix glared further. "I'll stop treating her like my daughter when you start acting like you're her mother!"

Bellatrix looked at her sister furiously before walking closer. "The ministry doesn't know I'm here. They think I'm dead! It's hard to act dead when you're daughter is not and is 11 in need of her mother! I act the best way for her and for me and for him!"

"Don't make me laugh Bella," Narcissa sighed "there is no him, when are you going to let that go."

"Until the day I die."

2023- updated chapter