Chapter~7

"Evana are you alright?" Pansy asked, looking at the annoyed girl on her bed.

"Nope. It's Draco." Evana grunts. 

"Draco, Draco Malfoy?" Pansy asked, the Slytherin had an eye for Evana's cousin. She sat down next to Evana.

"Yes, him. He's so infuriating, but we love each other really." Evana hissed sitting up to face the four other girls. We're cousins, but sometimes I just can't handle his crazy!" Evana explained. Pansy smiled at her.

"What did he do?" Daphne asked.

"Well you know my little encounter with Marcus Flint? He somehow found out. He's annoyed because he thinks I'm ruining his chance of getting onto the Quidditch team. He's so selfish, nothing even happened." Evana explains, her usually pale face, now a pinky color.

"He's just scared, and a little pathetic." Milli says comforting Evana, she smiles at her.

"Yeah, Draco isn't the most mature." Daphne says. "I heard him bragging about this Thailand princess or something, to all the boys!"

Pansy wasn't pleased. "Guys, Draco is like the best guy in our year, like who else is there?" Evana rolled her eyes at how desperate Pansy was.

The conversation was interrupted by an impressive barn owl pecking on the window of the door, begging to come in. Daphne moved from her bed to open the window. The bird flew in and on top of Evana's head, this time she wasn't impressed. But inside she found it funny.

"Really?" She huffed grabbing the letter, the owl had in his beak.

"I'll feed him with Peppers food." Sophia said, she bustled for owl food while Evana surveyed the letter, it's from the Malfoys! As she opened the letter a small picture and writing fell out. It was of her Mother and father holding her. Evana felt her eyes watering, she never felt like either of her parents ever truly cared, but every now and again she feels like they do love her. Seeing this the girls went to get changed and Sophia fed the owl, and it flew away. Evana picked the letter up and read it.

Dearest Evana,

Well done darling! We are both so proud of you! Your mother is delighted, we visited her today, she is fine. We saw your father too, and he says he loves you very much. We hope you make so many friends and enjoy the lessons at Hogwarts. Talk to Draco as often as you can. You two really are the best of friends!

Love you dearly, 

Auntie Narcissa and Uncle Lucius.

Evana smiled at the loopy handwriting of her Aunt and the jagged sign off from her Uncle, knowing that he wouldn't have any involvement in the letter apart from his name. Pansy came in talking to Daphne about this Professor Qurirrel. She saw Evana was smiling and smiled too.

Sophia came in with Milli they both seemed to like potions a lot and hoped Snape was nice. Evana noticed there was a small piece of paper with her picture. She picked it up, small letters showed:

Eva, Well done for making it for Slytherin. Your Father and I are glad. I will see you soon.

Mother.

Evana was too delighted  to make it in Slytherin. All she ever wanted to do was impress her parents. Little did she know she always had done, but the Lestrange's weren't ones to show pride to their daughter.

Evana's bed was just like every other one. Dark green sheets and silver and lighter green curtains. She wanted to make it more, well her , She started by sticking the picture of her as a baby being held by her happy mother and father, over her head. She also stuck several moving pictures of friends and family. Finally hung on her closet was two banners. One was Slytherin and the other was Chudley cannons.

The other girls noticed Evana decorating her space, and loved it. "Evana! That looks so nice!" Daphne said, looking at the picture of Evana and Draco hugging at a joint 5th birthday party.

"Thanks! You all can do the same, we will have the best dorm room." Evana says excited. The other girls got to work. You could really see their personalities.

 Pansy was floral and pink, flowers hung on her bed. A pink throw covered half her Slytherin covers. She was a typical girly girl.

Daphne was opposite. People would call her a minimalist. A black and silver theme was hers, she put silver and black photo frames, filled with pictures of animals on her bedside table, and a box with the words GREENGRASS engraved on it. 

Sophia was like Pansy, but less pink and more relaxed. She out of the girls had the least possessions and put her scarfs around her bed posts, she seemed happy. 

And Millicent, she had the typical Slytherin fashion, dark green and silver. She too has photo frames and a book with her name in large loopy letters.

Once the girls had finally finished, they stood in the centre marvelling theirs and each others work. "Wow." Daphne says. Everyone nods. Slytherin is by far the best house.

The first morning rolled around and the new Slytherins were walking to the great hall to have breakfast, Evana and Daphne were slightly behind the others and were talking about the hopes of making the house quidditch team.

The girls came to a stop at the Slytherin table, sitting together, "I still can't believe Harry Potter is here." whispered Millicent. Evana suddenly felt very uncomfortable, she knew the connections she had to Harry, however negative they may be.

"Yeah I know what you mean Milli, it doesn't make it any better that he's friends with that kind." Pansy hissed back, insinuating Harry was making mistakes. "Did you hear what he said to Draco on the train?"

Evana's stomach suddenly dropped, anxious to hear what happened. "What? What happened between them?" She asked.

"He fully rejected Draco, awfully rude and terribly stupid considering he now only has a Weasley to introduce him to our world." Pansy replied, spitting the Weasley name. Evana knew this was the start of something ugly between the two young wizards and she silently cursed Draco's arrogance.

"Makes sense why he was so moody after he left the carriage yesterday." Evana sighed.

"Do you blame him?" Pansy said, hinting annoyance.

Evana suddenly felt a wave of dislike towards Pansy flush over her, Daphne seemed to notice this and tried to change the subject. "Anyways, we should get breakfast, we need to pick up our timetables soon, the prefects told me earlier."

The girls ate breakfast whilst quietly chatting about the days they have ahead of them, excited for their first lessons.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Hey guys! Hope you are enjoying the story! VOTE and COMMENT please! Xx

Always, Ari Xx

2023 updated