7

James slowly walked as Isabella sped off. "Hey missy, calm down no one will be out they've just had dinner." James smiled as he pulled her wrist back. Isabella was stiff and kept pulling until she finally gave in "there you go" he smiled as he spun her around, much to her dislike.
"James!" She hissed looking disgruntled.
"Yes." He smiled sweetly, Isabella shook him off and started walking "its okay you can pretend you don't like me." He winked.
Isabella stopped right in her tracks and faced James."even if I did like you Potter, which I really don't, I wouldn't think anything of it okay? We're not happening not now. Not ever!"
James looked disheartened, but nevertheless he still smiled cheekily at his crush.
"You love me. I know you do." He whispered. "Why are you scared to admit it, Belle?"
"James I really can't do this right now." Isabella sighed.
"Alright." James gave in.
"Thank you." Isabella breathed.
"What about now?" The desperate boy asked.
Isabella cried out. "No James, leave me alone!"
James smiled and said "Bella I like you."
Isabella started freaking out and walked away quickly.
"I'll take the shift, you go to sleep." She whispered, shaken.
"Bells come on."  James pleaded "don't be like this."
It was too late Isabella was gone as she ran around the corner and slipped into the closed toilets.
"Isabella is that you?" Moaned a ghost of a small pearly girl.
Isabella nodded slowly wiping her eyes. "Sorry to disturb you Myrtle."
"Not at all, I'm getting rather lonely these days, ever since the war no one cares of me." She wallowed gloating through the air.
"That's not true." Isabella chocked
Myrtle swooped down to Isabella "why are you sad, what's happened."
"Just a boy." Sniffed Isabella.
Myrtle suddenly turned green with anger "what did the insolent brat do?" She screamed causing Isabella to tremble.
"Myrtle seriously, it's fine it's my fault." Isabella soothed. "Come sit down, I'll explain." Isabella said in an attempt to calm the ghost down. "It's James Potter. He likes me but his cousin, my best friend won't let me like him back, and it's crazy because I actually feel as though I love him." Isabella blurted and Myrtle smiled.
"That cousin is rotten. A Weasley I presume?" Isabella nodded at myrtle. "I knew Ron and Percy Weasley." The ghost sighed. "Nice boys, but not as nice as Harry. Very good looking. Yes. Oh my! Is James Harry's?" Myrtle exploded looking ecstatic.
Isabella nodded slowly with a small smile on her lips. "He's great. He really is." She swooned.
"You really like him." Myrtle teased.
"I do not!" Isabella snapped back.
Myrtle shrugged and started gliding towards the mirrors. "That Hufflepuff lady will be here soon, I guess you should be going on your way." She smiled. Levitating the door open for Isabella.
"Thanks, see you." Isabella waved as she walked through the door. "Hey you! Stop!" She shout d at two boys lurking outside the toilets. "Oh Scorpius, Albus." She greeted them. "You really shouldn't be here, it's way past curfew. If Miss Tate caught you, you'd be dead."
Scorpius shrugged "why does she even care, I thought Hufflepuffs were meant to be nice and quiet."
"Bit of a stereotype, Scorp." Albus jokes, lightly punching his shoulder.
"Come on, you two, go or I'll have to put your names down." Isabella sighed
Scorpius stared at her "as if you actually will. You're my cousin."
"And I'm also a prefect!" Isabella snapped, loosing her patience. "Go. Now!"
Albus and scorpius remained looking unbothered "James said he never puts anyone down on the past curfew list."
"Does he now." Came James from behind Isabella, making the boys jump. "You heard Isabella, go to bed before you're slammed into detention."
"James, seriously?" Albus hissed at his brother.
"Bed. Now!" Isabella shrieked, making the boys walk slowly to the dungeons. "Brats."
James slowly turned towards Isabella a frown plastered on his face.
"Before you run away, Bells. Can you just tell me why you're being like this. What have I done?" He asked.
Isabella shook her head, her eyes filled with tears. "Rocky." She chocked.
"What about her?" James said.
As son as Isabella opened her mouth tears escaped her desperate eyes. "She said we can't be together!"
"What!" James snapped angrily.
"She said that you're her cousin so she's not okay with it and she just said that if I'm with you she won't speak to me!" Isabella sobbed. "She's my best friend, I can't loose her."
James quickly hugged Isabella tightly and didn't let go for a while. "Don't listen to her, Belle." He smiled "we can still be."
"No." Isabella shook her head. "We can't" she held her face close up to James "I wish I could kiss you right now." She whispered, sending shivers through his body.
"Here, I wanna show you something." James said gently pulling Isabella by her hand.
He took her out to the astronomy tower, checking back on her every minute. Isabella didn't ask anything, she just let James take her where he needed to.
The dark night sky was purple and blue with hints of red. Isabella had never seen something so beautiful, James had. The girl next to him.
"Wow." Isabella breathed.
"This is how I feel whenever I see your face, or even just hear your voice." James cooed stroking Isabella's hair.
Isabella faced James. "I wanna make this work."
"Me too, Belle." James smiled holding Isabella close. "Me too."
Isabella stood there with James for countless moments that night, wondering how she'd tell everyone that she's finally say yes to the boy she'd ignored for multiple years. She'd finally given in to her feelings and her heart. She closed her eyes and so did James, both imagining the moment they'd say I love you.