Chapter~25

Evana kept crying on the stairs, she gained several sorry looks and one pat on the shoulder from a Hufflepuff. But she felt hopeless and alone, she didn't reconise anyone. Tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Evangeline, are you alright?" Came a warm voice, Neville, he was pink in the cheeks and waving his date off.

Evana wiped her eyes. "I'm fine, go with your date." She sniffed.

"Eva, it's okay not to be okay." Neville said, sitting next to her, he besides her mother was the only person to call her Eva.

"Thanks, Neville, but Ginny will be waiting." Evana chocked, Neville gave a weary smile.

"Ginny, only went with me for the ball, she doesn't really like me much." He sniffed looking at his shiny feet.

Evana, felt sorry for Neville, she wouldn't expect that from such a relaxed happy girl. "Any girl would be lucky to have a guy like you, Neville."

"Thank you, will you give me a last dance?" Neville asked sheepishly, Evana was shocked, but accepted, even though her mother would die of shame if she found out. They danced together, Neville wasn't really a tall guy, and was no longer chubby, but he still towered over Evangeline, even with her heels.

"You look beautiful." Neville smiled.

"Thank you Neville, you look alright yourself." She giggled.

Neville laughed. "I'm glad you're not like your bat of a mother."

"What?" Evana said stepping from Neville. "Take that back!" She was being protective.

"I didn't mean to upset you, I!" Neville tried, Evana held her hand up. 

"You thought I was different, maybe the rebel, like Sirius Black? You're wrong! Leave me while you can, I'm dangerous and my family will kill you, don't you understand? I am like the rest!" She shouted.

Neville seemed calm. "Your more scared than I am. You are you. Yes I understand you aren't from an excepting home, you have tough love, well I do too. We aren't like them, you are better than your parents and I will never live up to my family name, but I don't care! I'm fine with it, because I'm proud my parents stood up to yours!"

"Do you think I'm proud, huh? My parents are monsters, and I'm becoming one." Evana whispered.

"You're not a monster and never will be, you are Evangeline Lestrange, people don't spit your name, they smile at it. They see your face they wave, they don't run or cast spells! Why? Because you are Evana Lestrange." Neville smiled.

Evana was taken aback, Neville was right, she wasn't a monster and she won't become one, people like her for her, and she has friends and family that adore her. "Neville, I-" She was stopped, Neville closed the distance by kissing the steamy eyed girl, who kissed back, with no regrets.

"Oh and." Neville said, breaking them apart. "You don't need this." He took the snake of a tiara off. Evana flinched. "You need this." He wrapped a silver and gold necklace around Evana's neck, It felt cold and warm.

"Neville, thank you." Evana smiled, her eyes filling.

"It's fine. It's getting late, we should go to bed now." Neville smiled. They stood just looking at each other, until Evana hugged Neville and her kissed her bare forehead. "Let this be a distant memory, tell no one, I love you Eva." And with that he walked off, and Evana did too.