8

James and Isabella spent the rest of the term sneaking behind book cases and statues to talk and be together. No one suspected a thing.
"Hey James?" Fred asked sleepily "Merry Christmas."
James smiled at his cousin and threw a present neatly wrapped from Harry, Ginny and the Potter children. "You too Fred."
"Aw thanks!" Fred gasped as he opened his beater gloves. He chucked a messily wrapped gift back at him. James caught it with ease and peeled off the paper.
"Merlins beard!" He smiled. "Thanks Fred." He played with his new prank toy from George's shop.
Fred smiled back stuffing his face with chocolate. "Come on, put your Weasley jumper on and let's go find the family." The boys got changed into their jumpers from Molly Weasley, their grandmother. James had got a lovely red jumper with the gryffindor crest behind a big letter J. Fred had been given a black jumper with a beaters bat and a bludger in the corner. They grinned looking at each other's jumper.
The boys walked down the stair case to find only Weasley and Longbottom children. "Hey Alice, Frank." James smiled at them and Alice blushed the deepest red. "Have you seen your sister yet?" James asked, Alice was filled with fury that James still wanted Isabella.
"No." She snapped.
"We said we'd meet her in the hall at 11 with Scorpius, I guess Albus will be there too." Frank smiled, elbow nudging his twin, he took her aside, pulling her away from Rose Weasley. "You seriously can't like him, Ally." He said sternly.
Alice made a noise of disgust. "Frank I do not!"
Frank rose his brows. "I'm not an idiot."
"Neither am I!" Alice hissed walking away. "And even if I did like him, which I don't, why wouldn't I?"
"Pretty sure Bella likes him." Frank shrugged his shoulders. Alice's heart sinks so quick she fell down on a nearby chair.
"I want mum." She whispered.
Roxy Weasley, who had been listening in, suddenly shot up to make sure Alice was ok. "You alright?" She asked.
Alice shook her head. "No."
"Do you like James?" She whispered and Alice not brave enough to deny it just nodded her head. "You can't!"
Alice stood up. "I know he likes Bella and Bella likes him, but why can't I?" She hissed.
"Because he's my cousin!" Roxy shouted. "And you're three years too young!"
James came over with Fred and Rose. "What are you doing?" Asked Fred, pulling his sisters hand back.
"Ask her!" Spat Roxy. Alice feebly shuffled. "The creep likes you James! She three years too young!"
James looked mortified, if Isabella found out, there'd be a fight. "What!" She shouted.
Alice looked on the verge of tears Rose brought Frank, and he put his arm on Alice's shaking shoulders.
"What are you saying to her Roxy?" He questioned. "Why do you have to make every so dramatic?"
"Me, what?" Roxy hissed.
Fred pulled Roxy to the side and held her behind him. "Alice, you can't like me." James said awkwardly. "I have a girlfriend."
Both Roxy and Alice looked angry. "What!" They said in unison. Fred looked impressed.
"It's really none of your business. So don't even ask me who. I'll speak to her and if she agrees we'll tell you all." James said walking away.
Everyone knew it was Isabella. "Anyone wanna go for breakfast?" Before anyone could join him, he slipped out the common room and walked quickly to the entrance hall where he met Isabella. "Got a hell of a Christmas story to tell you, Belle." He laughed, kissing her cheek.
"Go on." She smiled.
"Don't freak out." James warned and Isabella shrugged. "Alice likes me and I kinda told them I have a girlfriend."
Isabella looked crazy. "What." She hissed. "Alice likes you."
James nodded his head. "We have to tell them about us today we've kept it quiet for long enough."
"What about Roxy?" Isabella sighed.
"Think about it Roxy would rather me dating you that your sister, and it's not of her business Belle." James smiled hugging Isabella.
Isabella thought hard but gave in and agreed.
"When should we tell them?" She asked after a mouthful of food.
James stopped his conversation with his younger brother and looked at Isabella "what?"
"We were just talking about telling them. About us?" She whispered.
"Oh. Maybe tonight? We could meet in the main common room." James asked. "I'm so grateful for that, can you imagine having to spend every night in the library."
Isabella sighed. "Sometimes I wished I was in gryffindor."
"Really, I love that you're in slytherin." James smiled stroking her hair. "Sets you apart from everyone else in our families, well excluding scorpius and Albus."
"I suppose." Isabella grinned kissing James in the cheek "crap, I just did that!"
James smiled happily. He then kissed her on the lips. "Who've we got to hide it from now?"
Isabella looked nervous but happy at the same time as she sat closer to James, wondering if she loved him.