Chapter~3

"Mother!" Evana screamed, it was too late, Bellatrix Lestrange was taken by the hooded creatures. The orphaned child runs to the spot her Mother was taken. She stands still, not crying, not speaking- she always knew this day would come, for what her mother did to the Longbottom's

"Evana." Draco whispers. He walks towards her and puts his skinny arms around the shaking child. She starts to cry, silently, tears running down her damp cheeks. Narcissa stands near her niece and son, she too is crying.

"Your mother did things, things for The Dark Lord. The ministry wanted to punish her for it." Mrs Malfoy comforts, knowing what Bellatrix did was unforgivable to permanently damage the Longbottoms.

"What's going to happen, to Mother?" Evangeline whimpers, hoping for the best, she couldn't bare the fact that her own Mother could be in act of the Dementor's kiss.

"She will be okay, but we need to go, it isn't safe here anymore for us, Draco we will get your robes another day, we cant risk it." Narcissa says, this time she is assuring herself not Evana.

"Yeah, Evana let's go home." Draco soothes, holding her hand. The trio walks up to the fire place, not another witch or wizard in sight. For once, Draco was quiet without much to say.

"Malfoy Manor!" Narcissa shouts, this time they all go at once, Draco still holding Evana's small hand. Narcissa has stopped crying, but she looks as though she might start a fresh wave of tears anytime soon. They arrive. Mr Malfoy is at his large desk. He turns around and smiles. That smile drops almost instantly, when he sees only three, three depressed faces.

"Narcissa?" He asks unsure. "Where's Bellatrix."

Narcissa tries to speak nothing came out.

"She was taken Father, by Dementors. She told us to get out and far away." Draco says without expression. Both the girls start crying. Mr Malfoy hugs his wife and Draco hugs Evana.

After five minutes Evana stops crying. "I need to go home." She mumbles and heads for the door.

"No, no!" Narcissa cries. "You will live with us now!". Evana smiles slightly, so does Draco.

"There are tons of spare rooms, pick one, now with Draco. Don't mess around you two." Lucius soothes. Draco and Evana grins. But Evana's grin wipes off.

"When will Mother be back?" She asks. Lucius and Narcissa look at each other, Lucius looks tired of the situation of lies already.

"Eva, darling. We don't know, but not very long." Evana knew she was lying. Azkaban is usually a life long sentence. Her mother has committed a lot of crimes, worse than the Longbottoms.

"You both, move now." Lucius says, he still has an arm wrapped around his wife's waist. Draco and Evana run out of the room, Draco apprehensive, Evana looking pale, yesterday she would have given anything to live with the Malfoys, now all she wanted was to be with her mother.

"Lucius, what are we going to do? Eva is a Black girl through and through. We have to raise her as our own." Narcissa frowns, her skin wrinkling. Lucius gently grabs her shoulders and faces her, he cups her pale face.

"Cissa, Eva is like our child, Bella always found it hard to look after her properly. Your sister would be grateful if we looked after her like we treat Draco. They practically are brother and sister. They are best friends. Everything will be alright. she'll be better off with us than her mother, as much as she denied it she was incompetent." Lucius said.

Narcissa didn't like the way her husband was talking about her sister, but knew well enough not to respond. "Dobby!" Narcissa calls. Dobby runs into the room.

"Yes, Mistress." Dobby says bowing, his pointy nose almost touching the floor.

"Make sure Evangeline gets a suitable bedroom and Draco is very nice, take them biscuits. Also Evangeline is moving in with us Bellatrix is- is, she's gone." Narcissa snaps to cover up her sadness, Dobby bows once more and dashes to the children.

Evana was looking round the third floor, Draco two rooms ahead of her.

"Evana, I like this one, plus mine is directly opposite." Draco smirks. Evana surveys the door before entering, the room is large, a massive window taking up a whole wall, a large bed next to the window and a black chandelier.

"Yes, I like this one a lot." She hugs Draco. He just smiles.

"Master Draco?" Dobby squeaks.

"What do you want?" Draco snarls, barely acknowledging him.

"I've brought biscuits, and may I say Mistress Evangeline, your room, very good choice." Dobby smiles. Evana smiles at him back, until Draco notices and she looks down.

"Thank you." She says. Dobby hands over the sugar coated biscuits. They take it, both starving they stuff it in their mouths. Once they finish the biscuits Dobby bows and leaves.

"So what Decorations do you want?" Draco asks licking his pale lips. Evana shrugs, but she knows perfectly well what she wants: Her door to be painted mint green, the theme of the room to also be mint green, Silver drapes over her bed (House pride.) a white desk with black stripes. All her cloths in the walking wardrobe and her kitten: Zander sleeping in a large basket.

"Never mind we will think of some tomorrow, Mother and Father will get your stuff. "Draco smiles. Evana sits on the bed.

Where's Mother?

Why didn't she put up a fight?

Will she see Father?

Will she miss me?

I miss her.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||\

Hey guys! I need some character suggestions! 1. A nice Slytherin girl.(First year) 2. A cocky Slytherin boy (2nd year).

Please vote, and enjoy my story thank you!

2022 updated