Chapter~8

It has been three weeks since Evana Lestrange and Draco Malfoy had arrived at Hogwarts. Draco has made himself out to be a muggle hating bully, while Evana seems funny and likeable. Evana has found herself less bothered to see her cousin, but she still couldn't deny their deep friendship.

Draco had found himself two new enemies, Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley, as if predicted by Evana. Although young, the three boys hated each other to the max.

Evana was facing problems of her own, Marcus Flint has made his efforts to annoy her, encouraging his younger brother too. Ethan however didn't care for this. But he did like spending time with Evana. She could never know how much. Also on her tail, the Weasley twins: they made a nick-name for her.  Strangie Mcstrange Evana found it extremely annoying, but didn't let it show as she ignored the vibrant colored boys.

"Oh come on Strangie Mcstrange! I know you want your book!" Fred Weasley teased, he had Evana's book in his hand, she wasn't bothered. Her book was potions, her next lesson, the lesson after lunch. Snape adored Evana as she was very talented, and well Slytherin.

"Come, come dear strange one." George said walking with Fred behind the stubborn girl, Fred waved the book in her face she waited, waited. POUNCE! She took the book with one hand and stalked down the corridor and to the common room.

"She's good, I have a feeling she will prank us one day." Fred smirked at his twin.

"You know what that means?" George says, returning the smirk.

"Prank wars!" They shouted, Professor Sprout shushed them and laughed.

Evana was walking down to the common rooms when she met a large boy. She didn't really meet him. It's more like crashed into him. He barely moved where as Evana stumbled and fell, feeling very stupid.

"Are you alright?" He asked, his voice low. Evana smiled, she knew who this was Oliver Wood. He was one of those crushes that never come true. Like a celebrity crush. Evana shook the thought off, stop being a silly little girl, she told herself

"Yes, sorry." She said picking up her quill. Evana realized she is possibly the most clumsy person ever.

"Sorry I must be going." Oliver said, not giving her another thought.

"Salazar." Evana said and a snake uncoiled itself from the black door, Evana crawled in. An hour left of lunch.

She sat in the largest chair, Evana was sleepy, her eye lids felt heavy and her senses felt numb. Evana slipped into a troubled sleep.

 Evana's Dream

A quidditch pitch was laying in front of me, what could that mean, the more I looked around the higher I rose. I was flying, a black broom suddenly came from underneath me. I wasn't directing the broom. It was somehow steering itself.

"Choose." Professor Dumbledore said. Dumbledore?

"What?" I said confused. The bumble bee like man smiled.

"Traditional or modern." Dumbledore said. Evana looked around, nothing but a baby blue sky. Suddenly I saw two boys in Quidditch robes, one green and silver, one gold and red.

Oliver and Marcus. Wood and Flint.

What could this mean? Gryffindor or Slytherin. Good or evil? Where am I. I am neither good or evil. I  am me. No one is divided by their houses or backgrounds! What is this place?

I'm leaving!

"You can't" Oliver says.

"You have to choose." Marcus finishes.

"How? I'm Slytherin, but I'm not evil!" I said, looking Dumbledore in the eye.

"Evana, chose. Please." Dumbledore said.

"Fine." I snapped and started to fly to Flint, I saw look of pride on his face, the look of sadness on Oliver's. Wait?! I can go through the middle! I can choose my destiny another day.

I flew as fast as I could towards the middle, but something sucked me away, Oliver Wood held me in his arms. Flint fell from the sky.

"ARGH!" Evana screamed, the common room had few people in it. No first year, phew Evana thought. She looked at the clock ten minutes left of lunch. I need food, she thought to herself

Evana stuffed her books and quills in her bag and hurtled all the way to the great hall, surprisingly she didn't bump into anyone. She made it in time for two cupcakes, which she snatched from the Ravenclaw table.

"Hungry much?" A familiar voice said, making Evana jump.

"Blaise!" Evana shrieked.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. I was looking for you with Daphne, where were you all lunch?" Blaise said, frowning.

"I fell asleep on a sofa, sorry I was exhausted, last night all the girls wouldn't stop talking!" Evana scowled. Blaise chuckled.

"Come on let's go to potions, Snape loves it when we're early." Blaise said, grabbing Evana's arm gently and dragging her to the dungeons.  

Blaise and Evana had become good friends since the train journey, she felt as though she had a friend she could trust within him. "What's going on with Draco and Harry Potter?" She blurted, not able to act unbothered.

"Evana, you need to stop caring so much." Blaise scolded.

"I know, It's just I don't want Draco creating such a divide, it's not great the history of our families." Evana explained.

Blaise looked at Evana with both pity and shame. "You sound as if you've chosen your side of the divide, and it's not Draco's."

"That's not fair, Blaise. I want to protect Draco's reputation." Evana sighed.

"Seems like it's only your reputation you want to protect." Blaise mumbled.

Evana stopped outside the potions dungeon. "Blaise, you don't know what you're talking about. Do yourself a favour and shut it." She snapped, Blaise put his hands in the air and shrugged his shoulder, before nudging Evana into the classroom where most people were sat.

"Lestrange? Zabini?" Snape hissed. "Care to join us?"

The pair hurriedly sat down on the only free desk, which coincidentally was behind Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. Evana could feel the awkwardness, after all she was Malfoy's cousin.

The lesson proceeded at a slow pace talking about boils potions, it was only halfway through when Evana heard Ron mention her name whilst whispering to Harry. 

"Mother- torturer- Death eater" She could decipher. Harry slightly turned round to look at Evana, but she felt threatened and looked away, She didn't want Harry to know her for the crimes her mother committed.

At the part of the lesson where they began brewing, the students slowly moved around the room, Harry gave Evana another look, she tried to smile at him but it only resulted in a cold shoulder from Harry.

She thought to herself how alike her and Harry actually were, they both didn't have their parents, yes her were still alive, but she had never felt the maternal or paternal love from her parents she deserved.