Chapter~11

Jamie and Evana walked along to Hogsmeade, Jamie with one arm around Evana. "Jamie, where do you want to go first?" Evana asked, grinning. She knew where she wanted to go.

"Zonko's?" Jamie suggested smirking too.

"Yes!" Evana said excitedly. "You know, we've known each other for two and a half years now." Evana said, Jamie let out a long whistle.

"Best two and a half years of my life." Jamie said with puppy dog eyes.

"Ew Jamie. You're so cheesy!" Evana said pinching her nose. "The smell is unbearable!" Jamie and her laugh. They walk for another five minutes, talking and laughing and arrive in Hogsmeade.

"Zonko's this way!" Said Jamie pulling Evana down a large alley like a child. They reach Zonko's and walk in Jamie smiles at Evana's wowed face, he had always appreciated her beauty, unlike others who had only just started to recognise her unreal beauty. Jamie subtly slips his hand into Evana's and she inhales deeply tightening the grip. However, the moment was ruined.

"Evana?" Someone calls, The Weasley twins, Evana sighs before standing closer to Jamie. She knew this was about to be an awkward encounter.

"What, Fred?" Evana said. Over three years the trio have learnt to get along but Evana still finds the boys excruciatingly annoying, especially when they treated her as if she was a child, for some reason the twins had grown to care for Evana and had become quite protective over her.

"What is this?" George says, glaring at Jamie who glares back, it was only natural the two did not get along.

"A joke shop." Evana says bluntly, trying to prevent any tension

"Evana we know that, but this?" Fred said pointing at their hands.

Evana immediately dropped Jamie's hand, which hurt him deeply. "Nothing." Evana said, a croak in her voice, it was obvious she felt uncomfortable.

"Get lost Weasley, have you never heard of a date before?" Jamie snapped and walked Evana out of the door.

"Date, Jamie really? Did you have to go and announce that to the world?" Evana said blushing, she did not approve of the word date, as she simply went to Hogsmeade with him.

"Sorry, I'm sorry I was forward. But I thought you knew!" Jamie said nervously. Evana didn't say anything, she was very confused. "Evana, do you know what they say about you two?"

Evana suddenly felt her heart race, "What?" She questioned.

Jamie looked at her awkwardly. "He, he has a thing for you."

Evana's face lit up with a violent blush as she took in this information, it was so absurd to her that a Weasley could ever feel such things towards a Lestrange, never mind the cousin of a Malfoy. Her heart and head had never felt such a confusion, it was as if a million voices were arguing, telling her different things. She did however know that she did feel affection towards Jamies, but how could she not? He had given up countless hours to spend with her to do school work or even just to talk, of course she was grateful for all of this. She couldn't quite distinguish the line between a good friend and something more. As all of these conflicting thoughts jumbled in Evana's brain, one thought was made victorious as she did something no one thought she'd ever do.

Fred and George came out of the joke shop in time to see Evana step confidently towards Jamie and kiss him, she had her arms wrapped around his shoulders and his arms were resting on her hips.

"I'm sorry Fred." George said.

"It's alright, she's a Slytherin anyway." Fred said, his heart sinking a mile.