Chapter~10

One and a half years have passed at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, spring was pouncing upon the students as March steadily rolled along.  Evana was in her third year and all the talk was on Sirius Black, Her second uncle.

"Sirius Black, yeah him."

"Escaped from Azkaban, it's practically is impossible."

"He was the one who betrayed the Potters."

"I doubt they will ever find him." Rumors filled the hall on Saturday lunch. Evana was worried, he was family after all. Evana always found it in her heart to forgive, especially family, since she has so little left, and even less that she could tolerate the view of. For the past three years Evana lived with the Malfoys in their Manor. Her old house was sold to another wizarding family.

As Evana grew in grace and beauty, Draco turned spiteful and nasty. Draco was always jealous Evana made it onto the Quidditch team before him. Keeper Alice Meera quit after she left for Beauxbatons before the final game and Marcus Flint insisted he put Evana for the place. But now both Draco and Evana are on the team, both with Nimbus 2001's. 

Other than that, the first year of Hogwarts was relatively quiet for the pair, but second year, however brought light to how their family really were. Evana was silently becoming appalled by her uncle's prejudice views, although she only initially confided within Draco who abruptly shut her down, resulting in her to jump outside of her typical Slytherin friendships to find comfort with people who weren't like the Malfoys. This shift in allegiance only strengthened Evana's opinions on her family. 

The Slytherin girls, who had made their way from the common room, sat down at the table and Daphne sat next to Evana. "Sirius Black will be alright." She said seeing her friends worried look.

"Thanks." Evana whispered smiling at Daphne, she was the only one in her dorm that she felt that could genuinely trust.

"Evana, Evana Evana!" Pansy squeaked, making both Evana and Daphne roll their eyes, Pansy had become more annoying by the minute and by now she was almost insufferable.

"Yes, Pansy." Evana sighed, smiling weakly at the over excited girl. Pansy squealed again, causing onlookers to flinch.

"I asked Draco to Hogsmeade today and he accepted!" She said looking manic. Evana choked on her food.

"What?" Yelled Evana, slightly too loud. But Draco and Pansy? It was crazy to think he had finally given into her fawning of him. Pansy had been drooling over Draco since their first year and it always made Evana feel violently sick.

"I know, I can't wait! Can you help me choose an outfit? I have never done this thing before, I don't want to mess it up." Pansy asked. Evana thought to herself, she really couldn't be bothered with this so early in the day, but she did care for Pansy, despite her annoying personality, and she definitely cared for her cousin.

"Alight, I'll help you." Evana smiled at Pansy. Pansy got up and dragged Evana away before she could finish. "Pansy!" Evana groaned, her stomach rumbling.

"Oh come on!" Pansy pulled her out of the hall and down to the Dungeons. Once they arrived into the common room, Evana saw Draco and Blaise arguing. They stopped when they noticed both the girls staring at them.

"Hi." Pansy smiled timidly at Draco. He smiled back.

"Is everything alright?" Evana asked suspiciously.

Blaise tried to speak, but Draco stopped him, giving him a shove. "Yeah fine, I'll see you later Pansy." Draco said and he walked off.

"Blaise?" Evana pushed on, he just shrugged and walked to the door.