Chapter~23

Christmas was approaching on Fourth year Evana, the thought of the yule ball was unnerving. So far this term, Harry Potter had competed along side with Hufflepuff's Cedric Diggory, part veela Fleur Delacour and legend Viktor Krum in a battle against 4 angry dragons.

Jamie has attempted over 100 times to apologized, only to find a red slap mark on his face every time, a long with a chorus of laughter from the fifth year boys.

"Evana, please! Listen, it was a mistake, it's over she's gone!" James pleaded.

"James, go away! I've told you so many times!" Evana rolled her eyes, but really she was hiding tears.

James paused. "Fine I'll leave you alone, but only if you will give me one more chance!" Jamie sighed, Evana thought then nodded.

"What." She snapped.

"Go to the yule ball with me?" He asked sheepishly. Evana paused, she had turned down many guys in the last few weeks and was starting to get desperate.

"No never!" She snapped and stalked off towards the dungeons with an unslapped James, standing tearfully alone.

Once Evana was in the common room, she was ready to spill on James. "And he seriously asked you to the ball?" Milli said, bewildered.

"Yep." Evana shrugged, all five girls were sitting on the floor next to the fire.

Draco stormed into the room and smiled warmly at Evana. "Evana, you're telling me that James Ibbotson won't leave you alone?" Draco fumed.

"Draco, it's fine I've got it all under control ." Evana smiled.

"Are you sure? I could always owl father?" Draco asked grabbing a quill from his leather bag.

"Yes, fine, fine. Don't tell him. I can do this." Evana puffed. Draco gave a last smile, kissed a now blushing Pansy and walked off with Blaise.

"Who are you going with to the ball?" Sophia asked.

"Draco." Sighed, Pansy batting her eyes.

"Frez Altino." Daphne giggled.

"I'm going home, grandma's here to visit. Frez?" Milli asked.

"Durmstrang." Daphne smirked. "What about you, Evana?"

"I've been asked, but I'm going alone, I want to." Evana shrugged.

"Evana, are you sure?" Pansy pressed on, Evana sighed.

"Pans, I'm happy." 

"I know, but..."

"What, People will judge me, because I'm alone? I'm still getting over James."

"Yes, Vana!"

"No, Pansy! I LOVE JAMIE!" Evana roared, she held a hand to her mouth, the whole common room was staring at her, her eyes were full of pearly white tears, she ran out and crashed into James, he was crying himself.

The two Slytherins looked into each others eyes for a full minute, Evana moved slowly towards him, he pulled her into a soft hug. "I'm sorry." 

"I love you." Evana cried into his chest, she missed the feeling of being loved.

"I love you too." James cried,

"So...." Evana paused.

"Are we dating?" James asked.

"Yes."

"Promise me one thing."

"Yes, Vana."

"Promise you will never kiss, touch, talk to that cow Melissa ever again!"

"I promise." Jamie smiled and kissed Evana on the forehead.

Christmas eve was half way through and Pansy Parkinson was freaking out. "Daphne, my dress!" She shrieked pointing to a small rip, hardly visible to the eye.

"I can't see it, where?" Daphne glared at the horrible sickly yellow dress. Pansy bursted into tears.

"Hey, hey Pansy." Evana soothed and with a flick of her wand, the rip was no longer.

"Thanks, Evana!" Pansy squealed and darted towards makeup.

"Hey, Vana!" Sophia called walking into the dorm room. "James wants to see you. I still don't get why you're still dating!"

Evana rolled her eyes and gently shoved Sophia and walked down the stairs, Jamie was in the chair they usually sat in, Evana sat on the floor, she didn't want to get too close too soon.

"Jamie, what you want?" Evana sighed.

"I just want tonight to magical for you, here." He smiled pulling a small emerald crested tiara for her he placed it on her forehead, Evana felt like a princess, a Slytherin princess.

"Jamie!" She hugged him tightly, he kissed her lips and they spent at least an hour catching up on what they did over the holidays.

Nothing could be more magical!