Chapter~6

Dear Auntie Narcissa and Uncle Lucius.

Draco and I have both been sorted into Slytherin, I couldn't be more happy. Already I have met amazing people, Daphne Greengrass for a start, she reminds me of you Auntie Narcissa, she is so mature, but really clever. Draco already has made many friends, Vincent, Greg, Theodore and Blaise, well both are friends with him, met on the train. Thanks for the money, sorry we only used it on sweets! I hope Mother will be proud of me for making it to Slytherin.

Always, Evana 

The newly sorted Slytherin scrawled on a piece of parchment. She was in the Slytherin common room. It was half packed, few students have gone to bed and some are still roaming the castle. Evana saw Draco stroll in from the door.

"That's how we met the empress of Thailand." Draco says finishing a long story. Although it was true, Evana still rolled her eyes at her cocky cousin's attitude, but laughed at the faces of Vincent Crabbe, Gregory Goyle and Theodore Nott. Blaise was not with them.

"Hey Evana!" Pansy, a flirty but alright girl called, a smile on her pug like face. Evana sighed and walked over to where her, Daphne, Millicent and Sophia were sitting.

"Yes?" Evana asked, she was tired.

"Come on lighten up! You've got a full night of stories ahead of you!" Pansy says laughing. Evana sits down.

"Oh come on Evana! You'll love staying up!" Grins Milli(Cent). Evana throws a lacy silver cushion at her, now she grins.

"Um Miss. Lestrange no throwing of the pillows!" Says a small sixth year boy. Marcus Flint, the strong Quidditch captain laughs at him.

"Cheer up Jeremy!" He booms. Evana has never liked this boy. "Lestrange? Haven't seen you in a while."

"I've never met you." Evana says flatly, looking Marcus in his deadly green eyes. The other girls watch intently.

"You must have, Evana. Our parents are good friends, remember the dinner party the Malfoy's held last year?" Marcus smirks edging closer to Evana.

"Don't call me Evana, Marcus, you know we're not friends. Don't you have anyone else to talk to instead of a family friend?" Evana says, not cutting the stupid stuff Flint does. He stalks off, feeling rather stupid.

"Evana, What happened there?" Pansy asked, admiration shining in her dull eyes.

"I hate the guy, weirdo." Evana said, expressionless.

"Hmm, You know his younger brother Ethan is in the year above us?" Sophia said out of the blue, she often does that. They all laugh at her floaty attitude.

"Shall we get to our room, it's getting late?" Daphne asked in a motherly tone. There was a chorus of yeses, and with that the five walked up the stairs to the first year girl dorm room. It was the first time Evana had seen her dorm. Silver and green silk hung from tall four poster beds. An elegant desk, big enough for three maybe four people sat by the window, which was stained with a massive snake. Evana thought it was beautiful. Each girl had a closet to themselves. The closets were mud brown colour varnished to perfection.

"It's amazing!" Pansy squealed picking the bed closest to the door. Milli chose the one next to her.

"Bagzie this one!" Sophia said happily taking the bed opposite Pansy, Daphne plonked her small bag on the bed next to that leaving the bed next to the window and opposite the desk for Evana, she was more than happy.

"This room is so cool!" Daphne said. "Thank Merlin I don't have to share desks with anyone else other than you guys." She smiles round at the new Slytherins.

"What's the time?" Evana asks, she planned to meet Draco at eight pm sharp.

"Almost eight." Daphne says looking at her silver watch. Evana hurtles down the stairs, in hope she will beat Draco- an old habitat two had as young children.

"Evana?" she hears people calling, Daphne explains where she needs to go.

"Ow!" Shrieks Evana, she has crashed into a boy, Marcus Flint! No, too small, Ethan Flint. Evana falls backwards, her head landing on the last stair. Ethan stumbles backwards.

"I'm so sorry!" He apologizes, picking Evana up, his parents would kill him if they knew he hurt the Malfoy's niece

"It's okay." Evana says muffled, a hand over a bleeding lip.

"Are you okay? You're bleeding?" He asks worried.

"I've noticed." Evana says sarcastically. Ethan smiles.

"Ethan Flint, you know me though?." He holds out his hand, Evana takes it reluctantly.

"Evana Lestrange, and yes I do." Ethan smiles more. "I've got to go, sorry for knocking into you." Evana says walking towards the fire, where Draco sits alone.

"Evana, where have you been?" Draco says. Evana rolls her eyes.

"I'm only like five seconds late, I tripped, good enough excuse?" Evana said annoyed, Draco is always so over the top.

 "Sorry, I'm tired." Draco apologizes, Evana sighs.

"It's fine, what did you want to speak for?" Evana asked sitting next to Draco.

"Have you written to My parents, told them we're in Slytherin, I just wanted to check if you have?" Draco says lamely, he just wanted to talk to his cousin and Evana knew that.

"Yes, yes. Anything else?" Evana says, thinking how pathetic Draco can be sometimes, why can't he just tell her he felt overwhelmed?

"Yes, Evana. Why are you speaking to Marcus Flint like he's a bad guy? You know he is the Quidditch Captain are you trying to ruin it for me?" Draco sternly questions, as if its his place. Evana is taken aback.

"Draco! Are you actually dense, he's a fifth year and we're first years, start acting like one!" Evana scolds standing up. Draco stands up too, He is far taller than Evana making her feel small. She steps back.

"I thought you wanted to do Quidditch?" Draco said, as if Marcus was the only one in the world to help them.

"Of course I do. But I don't want someone like him to control me, Good night Draco." Evana walks to her room annoyance filling her lungs she reaches her room and sits down on her bed. 

2023 updated