15. Can't

Noah P.O.V

I walked into the living area for the pack and they all greeted me as I walked pass them. I took a trip down here everyday to check in on everyone. My father always told me to connect with my pack, but that was before he started killing them. The thought of what he did made me sick just to think of. I walked to the basement of the house and headed down the last flight of stairs taking me under ground. I walked into one of the small rooms and looked at the Jonny and Travis my two guards.

"Where's Colm?" I asked.

"He said he needs to protect the house while we are down here." Jonny said to me.

I looked at the two men then down to the vampire woman wrapped in silver.

"Who sent you here?" I asked her and she just laughed.

"I'm telling you or the fucking fags anything." She yelled at me.

I looked back at them and Jonny wasn't fazed by her words but I could see Travis was. He was always bothered by someone calling him a fag and I personally didn't like anyone insulting my family.  I grabbed her pulling all of the chains off of her but leaving the handcuffs on. She stood slowly and I pushed her into the wall just behind her.

"I don't know much about Vampires but I do know one thing, you have a maker right?" I asked her, making her eyes go wide.

I nodded to Travis and he walked out, going for her maker. It was easy to find the man that changed her after talking with Sterling. The guy seemed to know everyone and was being a big help for me right now. Travis walked in with the man and she tried to run to him but I pushed her back. I tired her handcuffs to a rope on the wall and put him on his knees in front of her.

"Tell me who sent you here?" I asked her again.

She looked at me and then to her maker as red tears fell down her face.

"It was a man, his name was Conner Oster Liam Matters but I never saw him." She yelled to me.

"You're lying to me woman." I said pressing my hand into the back of her maker.

She tried moving to me as her maker cried in pain but I didn't stop.

"Alright he was talking about how we wanted to kill the woman, saying she was not worthy to live in this house. He wanted you to feel the same pain he felt." She said crying.

That was all she knew and I think I know who is trying to kill my mate. I let go of her maker and nodded to Jonny to untie her and he did. She ran to her maker hugging him and I felt sorry for the supid girl. I'm sure he promised her things she could only dream of, and she was here in her death bed. I walked out the room and I heard aloud bang as I walked down the hall lookingat the time. tI was almost three in the morning and I walked to the pack living area and everone was fast asleep but the sound of a crying baby.

I stopped looking at the babies mother and she looked tried and her face was one I knew. Her husband was apart of the hunting pack and he died not long ago. I walked to her and she looked up supire to see me.

"Alpha, how are you?" She bounching the baby.

"Fine." I said nodding to her.

Amara P.O.V

I woke up after being sleeping for maybe three or four hours and I felt better. I wasn't sure why I felt so tired after all of that but I need rest, and not because I was sleep but I was over excited. The moment that I took a life I felt amazing, it all felt right and the smell and taste of blood was something I loved. I wasn't sure what happened to me in that moment but I loved it. I sat up seeing I was in my night clothes and smiled at the though of Noah. I looked over when the sound of a screaming baby rang in my ear.

I looked up when the door opened and Noah walked in with the screaming child and sat him down with a bag of stuff.

"When did we get a baby?" I asked moving to the cute small child.

"He was upset so I helped him and his tired mother." He said falling on to the bed.

I picked up the baby and my wings wrapped around him and I didn't know why but he stopped crying. He was maybe 5 or 6 months old and he looked at me with green eyes.

"I think he likes you." Noah said kissing my cheek.

The baby grabbed my finger and I smiled at him as he slowly fell asleep himself. Noah stood walking to the bathroom and walked back out 20 minutes later. He was clean and the smell of a man filled the room. Him with no shirt on reminded me of earlier and I looked at him.

"Did you found out anything?" I asked him.

"Yeah, the man that wants to kill you name is Conner Oster Liam Matters." He said sitting on the bed.

"No way that's a real name." I said standing and walking to him.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he placed his hand over my hips looking up at me.

"No, that's not a real name, but this man never though I would find out because he though we were to close." Noah said looking at me.

"Conner Oster Liam Matters...." I said looking at him and suddenly it clicked to me.

"Oh shit, it can't be him." I said looking down at him and he nodded.

"Yeah, Colm is trying to kill you." He said looking up at me when the sounds of whining filled the room.