18. Birthday PT1

Noah P.O.V

I walked out of my room and headed down stairs running into my mother and Amara walking into the room laughing. I could hear everything Amara was thinking while with her but only after they walked into the mall. I had to take care of a lot of things before we went on our trip, so I couldn't hear it all. I looked at the many bags she had and she walked to me planting a kiss on my lips and I returned it.

"Amara are you ready to go?" I asked her and she smiled at me.

"Yeah." She said as Travis took her bags to the car.

I gave my mother a kiss to the cheek and she returned it smiling bright. I didn't ask her why she was overly happy today but I walked out heading to the car and Amara followed me. I got in a quickly pulled off and she smiled at me the whole time.

"Something you need to say?" I asked her.

"Naw. it can wait till we get... Where are we going?" She asked just now thinking about it.

"Well it a family cabin in the wood, but it also near a lot of great pack places." I said knowing Nora and Skyler are there to.

"Oh that sounds fun and that's great those two will be there." She said smirking at me.

"Are you ease dropping on my thoughts woman?" I said acting shocked.

She hit my arm as we kept driving but after a while we stopped at a store to grab food for the rest of the trip. I checked the time and it was only 2pm and we should be there by 4. I looked at Amara looking at the different chips they had and I noticed a man standing off to the side watching her. I would have just ignored him think he wanted to talk to her but he looks like someone I know.

"Hey you ready?" Amara asked holding something.

I didn't say anything just connected with her and grabbing her hand.

"That guy off to the right of us looks like someone I know." I said walking with her.

She turned pretending she was looking for something and then turned back to me.

"Yeah, I've seen him before. He worked at a place in the mall." She said checking out.

We walked to the car and got in and  I had to think how did I know that guy. He was tall, dark skin, almost the same as Amara and had a burn on his face. I looked out the window and saw him walking out the store as we pulled off. I didn't know who he was and the frustrated me and I hated to feel out of control of thing.

"Noah, Why are you eyes gold? Why are you going so fast?" Amara said moving away from me.

I looked down and I was going almost 80 so I slowed down still I was at 30 and looked at her.

"I'm fine Amara, let just get this weekend started." I said taking a huff.

She just nodded to me moving back over to me and kissing my cheek and I smiled feeling better.

Amara P.O.V

I fell asleep a while ago and when I woke up and looked at Noah he looked sleepy too. I tapped his shoulder and he glanced at me.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing, do you want me to drive?" I asked.

"Well we are here now, just a little bit up the road and down a dirt road." He said.

I felt bad that he was this stressed out over me and this whole thing. I can't wait to get to the cabin so we can just relax, talk, have sex, a lot of that because we only did it once. After that I was going to ask him.

"Ask me what?" He said stopping in front of a small beautiful cabin.

I didn't say anything to him just stepped out of the car looking at the stunning cabin. I felt safe here with the trees and the little blue flowers that grew all over the ground and over the cabin. I felt like I knew this place, but at the same time like it was a new place.

"You fell that way because was a fairy stop, for traveling fae. Only the fighter would keep these places to protect the other from vampire. It has history of your people here." Noah said grabbing my waist.

I felt so happy to be here and to be here with him that my heart felt weightless, I feel weightless myself.

"Amara, baby can you put us down?" Noah said nervous.

I looked down and noticed that we are off the ground, far off the ground pass the cabin almost at the top of the trees.

"I don't know how to get us down." I said panicking.

Noah held on to me tighter as we started to fall down fast but his tight grip made me move my wings faster and till we made it pass the trees.

"Okay Amara this just got bad." Noah said scared.

"Well I can get us down, you do something!" I yelled at him.

"I'm not a fucking cat Amara, what the hell am I suppose to do." He yelled back.

"Hey!" A voice said making us both look down.

It was Nora and Skyler I smiled seeing them.

"That perfect Nora can help." Noah said.

"Nora we are stuck up here, I'm going to shift and I need you to catch me, Alright?" Noah yelled down and she said okay.

He tired to let go of me but I held on tight to him scared he would be hurt.

"Its okay Amara, I trust Nora to catch me." He said kissing my cheeks and letting go.

He fell fast but shifted in the air, as he got closer to the ground I saw Nora shift and run up the trees close to him. She caught him in the air but they both hit the ground hard, but I saw Nora stand and he didn't. I was scared down and for some reason I kept going up. I could still see Skyler talking to Nora and then remove his shirt. I looked up into the sky looking at the blue sky thinking I was going to die.

"Amara?" Skyler said next to me.

I jumped back and looked at him with big white feathered wings and the shock stuck on my face.

"I'll tell you later but right now stop going up." He said grabbing my hand.

"I can't!" I yelled at him.

"Yes you can, their your wings and you control them, they don't control you." He said giving me a smile.

I nodded to him looking down at Noah slowly standing with the help of Nora. I feel bad that I hurt him for being to happy over a stupid house.

"See wasn't that easy." Skyler said letting go of my hand but I grabbed his again.

I looked and noticed we are only a inch away from the ground but behind the house now. I put my feet on the ground and looked at the bird wings on Skyler and touched them making him look back at me. I nodded to him remember Noah and ran to the front of the house. This was one hell of a why to start my romantic birthday weekend.