Ch.4

Kurisutaru's POV

I awoke from my slumber, by the sun peeking in through the window at me. I felt something....or someone pressed up against my chest. I looked down and saw Monica lightly snoring against my chest.

My face began to heat up and I couldn't move. Part of me wanted to stay in this position, while the other part of me wanted to push her away.

I stayed frozen for a moment, then glanced at her. As if on cue, she woke up and yawned.

"Kurisutaru, your chest is so warm" Monica said half asleep.

I blushed at her comment and didn't say anything. Instead, I just stared at her....

After a minute of Monica began to lightly snore again, she suddenly jolted awake and blushed. "Sorry Kurisutaru, I didn't mean to lay on you."

I smiled and chuckled. "It's okay Monica. Come on, we better go and get breakfast." I hopped out of bed and waited for her to get out of bed as well.

We headed down the seemingly long hallway. This hallway seems longer than it was yesterday. I made my way to the kitchen, along with Monica, and we looked around the kitchen to see a maid doing some dishes.

The maid looked at me and Monica, then she smiled. "Young masters, your breakfasts are ready."

We thanked her for the food and sat down, then we began to eat. At this point, the maid had left the kitchen, so it was only me and Monica left in the room.

"Your house is really big." I said, trying to start a conversation- while there was still food in my mouth.

Monica chuckled. "Well You are in a rich Faunus families' home-

"Wait, I am??" I cut her off.

"Yeah, you're in the Fox's mansion" Monica continued.

"The fox mansion? You mean the family who's company is larger than the schnee family's company? The family who's company makes highly expensive weapons? AND the family who is an inspiration to faunus's around the world?" I said, without pausing, causing me to pant.

Monica stared at me with her eyes wide. "Umm....yes....I think??"

"I never thought I'd actually meet you and your father in person. I've only heard things about you, but I've never actually seen you- in person or on TV." I smiled sadly.

"Oh, well....now you have, so you might as well make the most of it!!" Monica beamed.

I smiled at what she had said. What I love most about Monica, is that she was happy all of the time. Even if a frown creeped its way onto her face, she would quickly make the frown fade away- and replace it with a positive expression.

Monica's POV

Kurisutaru and I finished breakfast, so we made our way back to my room to go and play. Daddy had gone out to work again, so it was only me, Kurisutaru and the maids.

We played in my bedroom for a little while, until we both got tired, so we laid down on my bed for a few minutes.

We stared at the ceiling until Kurisutaru noticed the picture displaying mummy. I frowned and looked away, while Kurisutaru raised a brow and picked the picture frame up.

"Hey Monica....who is this- is she your mummy?" Kurisutaru questioned, examining the picture.

I stared at the floor. "Yeah...."

"Oh, well where is she- what happened to her??"

"She was murdered....by a Grimm named, 'Berwgel'...."

"Oh....well I'm sorry for bringing up the subject-"

"It's fine, don't worry about it...."

Kurisutaru stared at me for a moment, before sighing and putting the picture frame back on my bed-side table.

"Hey, wanna play a game?" Kurisutaru randomly asked, after the awkward silence.

My face instantly brightened. "Sure."

Nightmare's POV

By the time I came home from work, Monica and Kurisutaru were playing with eachother. I smiled at them, because it looked as though they were having a lot of fun.

I was walking into the manor, when Kurisutaru noticed me and he stopped playing. He ran over to me and smiled. "Hello sir, have you done the files to adopted me yet??" Kurisutaru questioned.

"No, not yet my child." I simply said.

"Good." Kurisutaru replied while sighing in relief.

I furrowed my brow. "Why is that good?"

Kurisutaru looked away from me. "Because, I was wondering if I could serve you instead of becoming your son....because you saved my life and took me in- I want to repay you by serving you!!" As soon as Kurisutaru said that, he closed his eyes and made a begging gesture, with his hands.

I stared at him in shock. I then smiled and patted his head. "If you truly wish to become my servant instead of my son, then you shall. But you will not serve me."

Kurisutaru stared at me in confusion.

"Instead....you will serve my daughter." I gestured over to Monica, who was just staring at me and Kurisutaru.

Kurisutaru then blushed and nodded. I furrowed my brow as to why he was blushing, but I just thought it was nothing.

"I have some clothes to wear for the party, but I think I'm just going to wear a yukata...." Kurisutaru said, then he ran into the manor.

I looked at my watch, and it read; 6:30pm. It's only half an hour until the party, and Ben should be here by now.

"Monica, has Ben arrived yet?" I questioned.

Monica nodded rapidly. "He's in his bedroom, he was going to play with me- but then he saw Kurisutaru and scowled." Monica then pouted and looked away.

I sighed. Why can't Ben just get along with people whom he is not familiar with? I thanked Monica and led her inside to get her dressed by one of the maids. I then made my way up to Ben's room....