Ch.29

Monica's POV

"Big brother, calm down!" I rushed over to Ben, trying to pry him away from Kurisutaru but failing.

Ben growled, the tiny hairs on his neck standing up as he bared his teeth at Kurisutaru.  "You better have a good explanation for why I should NOT kill you right now!"

"Ben..We can deal with this situation..later.." father stated in a surprisingly calm tone.

Ben sighed in annoyance, before letting go of Kurisutaru.

I sighed in relief, backing away from the two males. 'At least Daddy hasn't found out about my eye yet..but the longer I leave it, the worse the situation will get..' I thought to myself, pondering weather or not- if it would be wise to tell father about my eye.

.

.

When we had arrived back to the manor, father told the male named 'Akuma', to take me up to my room- while Ben, Kurisutaru and my father had to talk about....something.

While Akuma and I were walking upstairs, he started up a conversation. "So, you're sir nightmare's daughter?" He questioned, the question easily rolling off of his tongue as he raised a brow and glanced towards me.

I nodded, trying not to make eye contact with him. "Yes...."

"Hmm, well you do look like him- however you're hair colour is different to his." Akuma commented, smiling through the piece of fabric which covered his mouth.

"Oh..well thank you.." I slightly smiled, not really knowing what to say.

A sigh had made its way out of akuma's mouth and through the cloth, as he opened my bedroom door. "Here we are lady Monica, your room.." he said, stepping to the side to let me enter the room before him.

"Thank you, akuma!" I nodded, entering the room and laying on my bed & smiling towards him.

Akuma returned the smiled. "It's my pleasure, lady Monica." He said, exiting the room.

.

.

About 2 hours later, Kurisutaru hadn't come back to greet me..what was taking him so long? My fathers' conversations aren't this long..

I sighed, getting off of my bed and walking towards my bedroom door. I opened it, only to bump into something....or someone. I looked up to see Akuma standing there. "Oh, sorry Akuma!"

"It's okay Monica, where are you heading off to?" Akuma smiled.

"Oh- uh....I was going to go and see what was taking Kurisutaru so long." I explained.

Akuma looked away. "Oh, well....maybe you should ask your father.."

I nodded. "Okay, but do you know where he might be?"

Akuma turned his attention away from me, looking down towards the dark hallway. "He's probably in his office.."

I tilted my head, then shrugging and walking past him. "Okay then!" I walked down the seemingly long hallway, humming the song named; Valse di fantastica.

When I had reached father's office, I lightly knocked on the door. "Father?"

"Yes, who is it?" A voice replied from the other side of the door.

"It's me, Monica..Can I come in, please?" I asked.

"You may enter.."the voice agreed, trailing off with his words.

I nodded and entered. seeing Ben sitting on a couch not far from where father was seated- while father was at his desk, sorting out a small pile of paper work.

"What is the matter dear?" Father looked up from his paper work, smiling warmly.

"U-um, well....I was wondering where Kurisutaru is.." I trailed off, avoiding eye contact with father.

I then heard Ben growl lowly but just loud enough for me to hear. "He's not coming back.."

My eyes widened. "What!? Where has he gone!? Did you kill him while akuma took me to my room!? Is that why you told him to wait behind so you could talk to- kill him!-" I was cut off by Ben interfering into the conversation between me and father.

"-He is a bad influence! He could get you injured! Or worse..KILLED!!" Ben raised his voice walking over to me, and tightly grabbing my wrist.

I whimpered, trying to get out of Ben's iron grip. "Ah! Ben! That hurts! Stop it!"

"Ben! That is enough." Father stated in a stern voice, trying his hardest not to shout.

Ben scoffed, releasing me in the process. I pulled my arm back, rubbing the spot where Ben had grabbed me.

Father sighed, standing up and walking over to me. "Monica, even though Kurisutaru is gone..your new main servant will be akuma. Akuma will serve you, Ben and me-"

I cut father off from speaking. "-why do you keep talking as though Kurisutaru is dead!? And I want Kurisutaru to be my servant & friend! I don't want to have akuma as a servant!"

"You will say nothing more! you will go to your room, and stay there!" Father raised his voice, pointing his finger to the office door.

Tears welled up in my eyes, daring to spill at any moment. I couldn't take it anymore, I ran out of the office, sobbing loudly as I ran back to my room. I let my aching voice spread throughout the whole manor, as I barged into my room and flew onto the bed.

Burying my face into my pillow, I let the pillow absorb my tears of endless sorrow.

As I cried, I heard someone shuffling around my room. That person then sat on my bed, my bed slowly sinking from that person's weight.

A hand was gently placed onto my back. "are you alright?"

I stopped crying and slowly turned to see akuma. He had a look of hurt and pity on his face. "I heard what you said about me..do you not like me..?"

I quietly sighed. "No..I just..didn't want to have a new servant. I'm just so used to Kurisutaru being my servant..he has been my servant & friend since I was 5 years old."

"Are you referring to the Faunus, who failed to protect you?" Akuma questioned, his cloth changing shape as if he were smirking.

I groaned in annoyance. "Just go away....okay?"

Akuma chuckled. "As you wish....lady Monica.."

My eyes widened for a split second, but then relaxed again. "I do not want you to call me that. So instead..refer to me as ma'am.."

Akuma's smirk widened even more. "Alright, ma'am.." he said, emphasising the word, 'ma'am'. He bowed and left the room, glancing back at me before closing my bedroom door, and walking down the hallway.

.

.