Ch.15

Monica's POV

From the forest, Me and the others step out into a clearing that revealed the circular stone temple, broken and decrepit but for the platforms around its inside, holding several black and gold objects.

"Do you guys think this is it?" Vlad questioned.

In response, kira gave Vlad an incredulous look and headed down the hill, everyone (including me) following close behind. We walked across the floor and observed the items on each pedestal, now shown to be familiar shapes.

"Chess pieces?" Sepai questioned to no-one in particular, still staring at the chess pieces.

"All of the chess pieces are still here. Looks like we are the first ones here." Dusk stated.

"Well, I guess we should pick one." Hebi smirked.

Kurisutaru approached one of the relics, studying the golden knight chess piece. "Hmmmm....How about a mighty knight...."

"Sure!!" I replied, smiling at Kurisutaru.

"That wasn't too hard!" Dusk exclaimed.

"Well, it's not like this place was very difficult to find." Kira smirked.

"Okay, now let's get back to professor Ozpin!!-"

Sepai was interrupted by a screech being heard from her right, and A cat female?- came out of the forest as a deathstalker uproots entire trees in its' chase after her. The female Faunus narrowly dodged its' giant claws and kept on running.

"Whoa!!" Sepai yelled, her eyes widening.

The scorpion Grimm continues to follow The female-Faunus as she runs.

"Did that girl just run all the way here with a Death Stalker on her tail??" I questioned no-one in particular, while tilting my head.

"It looks that way...." Kurisutaru replied.

"Umm...guys??" Dusk shakily stared up at the sky.

Up above, a gigantic Nevermore was seen circling all of us from the sky.....

The Death Stalker was still hunting the
cat-Faunus, when she is flung in front of kira by the deathstalker, managing to land on her side at the feet of him (Kira).

"Great!! It's so though everyone's all here! Now we can die together!" Kira states, sarcastically.

"Not if I can help it!" I yelled, sounding a battle cry & rushing towards the Deathstalker.

"Monica, wait!" Kurisutaru reached his hand out to me, but I didn't listen.

"Fire!!" I yelled, as my scythe-colour blade changed from grey to red. I charged at the incoming Death Stalker.

When I came into contact with the deathstalker, the Grimm swiped me away and I was knocked back.

"D-Do-Don't worry! I am Totally fine!" I said, slowly getting up.

I turned back to the monster and swung my scythe at it, resulting in setting fire to the deathstalker- but it seemed that the fire had no affect on it. The deathstalker merely roared and started to chase after me.

"Monica!!" Kurisutaru yelled, running towards me.

I rushed towards Kurisutaru, but the Nevermore cawed above us, flapping its' wings and releasing lines of sharpened feathers with points that caught the hem of my dress and prevented me from reaching Kurisutaru.

"Monica, get out of there!" Hebi yelled, worried.

"I'm trying!" I replied back, trying to get the hem of my dress from out of the nevermore's gigantic feather.

The Death Stalker approached me, raising its' golden stinger above me.

"Monica!" Kurisutaru yelled, reaching out to me in vain.

A black blur raced past Kurisutaru and reached the stinger just as it was about to pierce me. I closed my eyes tightly, waiting for pain to come....but it never came....

"Are you okay....??" A voice asked, from in front of me.

I opened my eyes to the sight of the stinger encased in ice and gasp, staring at the death stalker struggling to break free from the ice.

"Dusk....??" I tilted my head.

Dusk sighed in relief, and smiled. "You're okay, good...."

I breathed a sigh of relief, then closed my eyes and clasped my hands as I gratefully whispered, "thank you, dusk...."

Dusk smiled. "You're welcome!"

I get up and stared at the Death Stalker again, as it struggled to escape with its' tail- which was trapped in the ice.

Kurisutaru rushed up to Me and gave me a hug. "I'm so sorry for not protecting you, and I'm so happy you're not wounded!" Kurisutaru and I stared at eachother for a moment, then we looked up at the Nevermore that was still flying above us & screeching.

Sepai stared up at the deathstalker. "Guys? That thing's circling back! What are we gonna do?"

"Look, there's no sense in dilly-dallying. Our objective is right in front of us." Kira stated, as we all stared at the relics.

"Kira is right. Our mission is to grab an artifact and make it back to the Cliffs. There's no point in fighting these things." I added on to what kira was saying, before Kira & I exchanged glances.

"Run and live, that's an idea I can get behind!" Hebi smirked, hissing.

Dusk goes over and grabbed a gold knight, identical to the one Kurisutaru picked up- as Hebi walked next to her and smiled. Kira took hold of a gold rook, as the female who arrived with the deathstalker walked next to him, and another female who wore a tail-coat piece, also took hold of a gold rook, with Vlad standing next to her. The DeathStalker continued to fight its' bonds, cracking the ice a little in the process.

"I think it's Time we left!" Vlad said.

"Right. Let's go!" I call out to everyone, walking away, with everyone following behind me. All except Kurisutaru, who was smiling at me- as dusk walked next to him.

"What is it?" Dusk questioned Kurisutaru.

Kurisutaru stared proudly at me, as I leaped onto a boulder and motioned the everyone onward. "Oh....Nothing..." Kurisutaru answered dusk, as he started to follow behind the others- while dusk smiled in realisation and followed after Kurisutaru.