Chapter 11

*Catherine's P.O.V.*

"Um, shoot, I'm allergic to walnuts," I said and Tyler snapped his head at my direction so quick that I was slightly worried about his neck.

"Oh my god," he panicked and stood up with a look of horror on his face. "Are you serious?"

"Nah," I laughed out loud like a crazy hyena.

Elsa giggled, even though I'm not sure she understood what happened, and continued leaking her ice cream cone.

"Fuck you, I was so freaking scared!" he shouted.

"Don't curse in front of Elsa!" I shouted back.

"It's your fault! Who the heck jokes about allergies?!" He run a hand through his amazingly shiny hair.

"I'm sorry, okay? I just wanted to make a joke," I sighed, mentally slapping myself for my unfortunate decision.

He took a deep breath and glanced at his watch.

"Elsa, have you finished your ice cream?" Tyler looked at his sister still annoyed at me.

Elsa nodded happily and took the tissue I handed her to wipe her mouth.

"We're leaving," he announced not even caring anymore.

"No!" The little girl squealed. "I haven't been to the slides yet."

"Go to the slides, sweetie. But be careful, okay?" I smiled at her and she nodded. She quickly run to the slide, probably scared that her brother would call her back, leaving us alone.

"I didn't want to make you mad. I just thought a little joke would lighten up the mood."

"It's fine," he shrugged.

"Cool," I said and gazed over at Elsa sliding down the bright red slide.

"She really likes you, you know?" Tyler informed me with a small voice. "She's not always like that with new people."

"Eh, I try," I chuckled making a small smirk appear on his face. "She loves you a lot, too. She's always talking about you," I smiled thinking of the day she first talked to me about him.

"Yeah..." he nodded sighing.

"She once said that you sing her to sleep," I smirked, feeling risky yet so confident about my remark.

"Think of telling anyone and I will kill you," he warned me, but I could say that he wasn't serious at all. As if he was proud of being good to her, but a part of him didn't want to show it to the world.

"I find it cute," I said laughing.

"Oh, so now you find me cute? Last time we met, you shut the door on my face," he chuckled. I kind of liked this side of him. The fun, protective, not overconfident side of him.

"I said that your action is cute, not you," I protested.

"Sure thing, Cat."

"Hey! I told you not to call her that!" Elsa slapped his butt from behind.

That. Was. Hilarious.

My phone rang in my pocket. I took it out and checked the caller.

It was Hayden.

"Hey," I answered in a sing-song voice.

"Hey yourself! Where are you?!" he shouted through the phone.

"I'm at the park with Elsa, what happened?"

"I have to go cut some grass and you are not here to look after your brothers! I'm so late!" he sighed. I could imagine him tap his foot on the ground like he always did when he was stressed or scared.

"Call them and say that you don't need the job anymore. Ben Ten, remember?" I tried to remind him about the inherit using our inside joke.

"Ohh! I forgot about that!" he said and slapped his forehead. Yes, I heard it.

"That's why I reminded you. Now go make sure that the boys are doing their homework and I'll be home soon."

"Alright, bye."

"Bye," I hang up.

"Are you leaving?" Elsa said with a sad face.

"I really have to go check on my brothers and do my homework, but I promise to see you soon, okay?" I told her tapping her little nose playfully.

"Okay!" she smiled again. "Bye, bestie!"

"Goodbye, sweetie!" I waved at her and shot a last glance at Tyler, walking towards my car.

The ride home wasn't long. Actually, I realised I could have parked my car in our driveway and walk to the park instead.

Walking in the house, a smell of homemade lasagna filled my nostrils.

"I freaking love you!" I shouted, before running up the stairs to my room.

I finished all my homework and took a nice, warm bath. I got out wearing my pyjamas and after grabbing my phone I made my way downstairs.

"I think we should make a schedule for the cooking and everything in this house. It's not fair for you to cook every day," I said, walking behind Hayden and glancing at the lasagna he had just taken out of the oven.

"Not that I mind," he started, "but sure. We'll talk about it after dinner."

He put lasagna on everyone's plates while I called my brothers down for dinner.

"So, guys. I have some really exciting news." I started.

"You're pregnant with Hayden's baby?" Max said laughing.

"I could totally see that coming," Jake high-fived him and laughed too.

I glared at them and they stopped.

"We inherited ten million dollars," their eyes widened. "Leave the details for another day, but yeah... I just wanted to say that from now on I won't work at the ice cream parlour, I will continue babysitting, but I will sure have more spare time to spend together."

"Wow!" "Can we get the new Play Station?" both boys said at the same time.

"No, Jake, we won't buy anything expensive," I said shaking my head.

"But we are millionaires!" he insisted with an angry look on.

"I don't care, Jake. Money won't change me. And I hope it won't change any of you either."

° ° °