Chapter 36

♥ Catherine's P.O.V ♥

When we arrived at home, the guys weren't back yet. I asked Tyler if her wanted to come in and he nodded.

I wasn't sure if I was going to get mad, or I was just going to shrug it off and move on like this never happened.

I wonder what other girls in my place would do...

I heard Hayden's car, and stood up from the couch I was sitting with Tyler.

As soon as Hayden put the key inside the lock, I opened the door.

"Well, well," I said dramatically.

All of them looked at me frightened and tried to hide the bags they were holding, behind their backs.

"Cat! You're home early!" Hayden spoke.

"Did I tell you that I was going to be home late?" I asked smirking.

"No... But I guessed so, since you were going out with Tyler," he laughed awkwardly.

"What are those?" I asked, looking behind their backs.

Max sighed. "Fine! You won. We went shopping without telling you. Now can we please get inside? My feet are killing me."

I walked out of their way and they walked in the house. My brothers left everything on the coffee table, in the living room, and went to their room, most probably to change.

Hayden fist pumped Tyler and sat down next to him. He looked at me and smiled.

He freaking smiled.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked, half-angrily, half-confused.

His smile widened.

"Stop that! I'm supposed to be mad at you," I laughed.

"Relax. We were just getting some presents for the party the boys are going next week, and some food, because we have nothing," he said and scratched the back of his head.

Lies. Lies. Lies.

I looked at him suspiciously. "Oh really?"

He nodded, but didn't look at me. He was looking at the bags.

I walked over to them and opened the first one I saw. Inside of it was a bag of chips and some frozen veggies.

Hayden smiled sweetly at me.

I opened the next bag and came across a packet of candles and birthday party signs. I took them out and held them with my thumb and my index finger.

"And these are..." I said, glancing at Tyler. He had a confused expression, like he had never seen such things before.

"These are... Umm... I-I d-don't-" Hayden tried to lie again.

"Our freaking birthday is in a month!" I said desperately, waving my hands in the air.

"I know," he chuckled. "I just wanted to have everything ready and throw the best party ever. Come on, you know you are not mad at me. You love our birthday," he stood up and hugged me.

I glanced at Tyler again and saw a little bit of jealousy in his eyes, but it disappeared when I made a heart shape with my hands, behind Hayden's back, and a kissy face.

Tyler laughed and Hayden broke the hug, turning to him.

"Why are you laughing, man?" he asked Tyler confused.

"Oh nothing," he chuckled.

Hayden shrugged and took the bags in the kitchen.

"Do you want to stay and watch a movie?" I asked Tyler, sitting on his lap. He placed his arms around my waist and kissed my shoulder.

"I can't. I have to go home and talk to my dad," he said with a sad face.

"Why didn't you tell me about his plans? Actually, why haven't we talked about the future at all?" I asked, worried. Was that a bad thing?

Tyler smiled. "I didn't tell you about his plans, because I had already decided to stay here, with you," he said and touched my cheek. "What I told him is true. You are the girl of my dreams. And I don't think we have to talk about the future, really. As long as I'm with you, I don't care about anything else."