Chapter Twenty-Two

Louis P.O.V

It's been a few days since I started living with Anne and the boys, I haven't gone back to school yet. I really didn't feel up to it until today. I knew that I had to overcome my fears of seeing those boys again. They can't hurt me anymore than I already am. I know the boys already left, they had early practice for sectionals. So, I was going to surprise them by walking into music today and singing a song that I was meant to sing the day the incident happened. But, at the time I didn't have a song, I didn't have the inspiration. but now I do, I have the boys as inspiration, and I have Anne and my mother and sisters and my stepdad. I have everything so I am going to sing a song that is personal to me.

I was getting ready, but I wanted to feel safe today, so I put on my bright red skinny jeans, my stripped t-shirt some suspenders and Liam's Footie Jacket that I still haven't given back to him, number 7, my lucky number. I walked into the kitchen and saw Anne drinking coffee, so I walked up to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek, she's like a second mother to me now so...

"Louis, what are you doing all dressed up?" Anne asked. "I can't hide out forever Anne, I need to face the music and get back into the world. Yes, something bad happened to me but I am not going to let that make me afraid to live my life to the fullest." I said. "You are such an amazing kid Louis and I know that the boys will be so surprised to see you today." she started pulling me into a hug, then added, "Come on I'll drive you. I grabbed my bag making sure that it had my song book in it and left for school.

Liam P.O.V

Practice was so freaking stupid and pointless today. The boys and I were sitting under the tree waiting for the bell to ring so that we could go into the music room. Once it did ring Mr. Keith asked us how Louis was, and we told him that he was still scared to come back.

After Mr. Keith took the role and started talking about how a lady from a record label was going to be coming to performance night there was a knock on the door and the principle was standing there asking to see Mr. Keith in the hall for a second.

"Work on your end of the year project class." Mr. Keith said before walking out. "what do you think that is all about?" I asked "Maybe, he's getting replaced." Harry said. "I highly doubt that, Mr. Keith brings in so many record labels that it actually brings money into the school. Mr. Keith then walks back in and says, "we have a little treat today. Please welcome my favorite student, Louis Tomlinson." Mr. Keith was pointing at the door where none other than Louis walks through the door with his head held high. "Good morning Mr. Keith. I know that my singles song was due weeks ago to be performed but I was wondering if you would let me perform it now because the song I wrote and want to sing comes from a place that I never knew that I had." Louis said talking to Mr. Keith. "Go right ahead, son." Mr. Keith said letting Louis take the staging area.

As Louis getting up on the staging area, I can see that he is wearing my Footie jacket that I gave him the day that he started staying with us. He started singing,

Like a small boat
On the ocean
Sending big waves
Into motion
Like how a single word
Can make a heart open
I might only have one match
But I can make an explosion

And all those things I didn't say
Wrecking balls inside my brain
I will scream them loud tonight
Can you hear my voice this time?

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

Losing friends and I'm chasing sleep
Everybody's worried about me
In too deep
Say I'm in too deep (in too deep)
And it's been two years I miss my home
But there's a fire burning in my bones
Still believe
Yeah, I still believe

And all those things I didn't say
Wrecking balls inside my brain
I will scream them loud tonight
Can you hear my voice this time?

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

A lot of fight left in me

Like a small boat
On the ocean
Sending big waves
Into motion
Like how a single word
Can make a heart open
I might only have one match
But I can make an explosion

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong (I'll be strong)
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

Know I've still got a lot of fight left in me

By the last note the boys and I were tearing up and Louis also had tears running down his face.