Chapter Eighteen: Unpaid Intern

Louis and I sat in the car, a frown on his face while I sat next to him grinning cheekily in my new suit. I had a fresh haircut, my new suit hugging me perfectly causing Louis' scowl to deepen. "Louis, Did you know it takes more muscles to frown then it does to smile?" I asked with a grin and Louis scoffed. "Must you have wanted that one. There were plenty of others that fit much...looser," he complained and I rolled my eyes. "You want me to walk in with a huge pimp suit on!" I exclaimed. "Preferably, yes. What's a pimp?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Something I read in a book. Any way, I'm supposed to fit in, right? Don't you think a huge suit will make me stand out more than the fact that I'm a breeder. We may know that, but they don't," I reasoned. Danny and Nate were probably the only ones who knew, but it wouldn't be a smart idea to mention Danny, especially since Louis seemed to have forgotten about him. Louis thought about it for a while before sighing. "I guess your right," he caved and I smiled. "I'm always right," I said cockily, crossing my arms. "Shhhh," he shushed me. Well, at least he didn't disagree.

We pulled up to the familiar building and I squealed, practically bouncing up and down. Louis rolled his eyes with a small smile as he stopped the car. He got out and seconds later the door was opening for me. I happily hopped out, admiring the huge skyscraper with a beaming grin on my face. Louis handed the same valet his keys and walked behind me, placing a hand in the small of my back. I smacked it away, clearing my throat. "Providers don't do that to each other," I reminded and Louis rolled his eyes. "Good thing you're not one," he countered and this time, I was the one executing an eye roll. "But they don't know that," I stated, walking off towards the entrance.

I entered the building, admiring the lobby for the second time. It never fails to amaze me. I'd never thought I would be able to work in a place like this, even in the moments when I believed I was going to be a provider. I was from a middle class family, and this company screamed high class. You would have had to have some serious connects to land a job here and I have the biggest connect of them all. You're acting like you landed a real job, unpaid intern. But that's still more of a job than any other breeder had seen before and it definitely beats cooking, cleaning, and popping out babies. That's what Breeders are supposed to do. Well I guess I'm just going to have to be the one who changes the game.

I followed close behind Louis, who walked in confident strides through the lobby. Of course, he was followed by multiple greetings from his employees on the way to the elevator, and I was once again greeted with multiple looks. "Why do they keep looking at me like that?" I mumbled, annoyance coating my voice. Louis smirked slightly. "Maybe their scared your breeder juice will rub off on them," Louis suggested and I rolled my eyes. "I'm pretty sure everyone in here has a breeder whose 'breeder juice' got on them," I said seriously and Louis stopped walking and looked down at me. He stared at me for a while, his judging blue eyes boring into my own before shaking his head and walking away.

Weirdo. I followed behind him, eyeing the back of his head warily. He's acting so weird today. Louis stops abruptly, causing me to run straight into his back. I looked up at him, my mouth open and ready to snap when I noticed the look of distaste on his face as he looked over at something. I followed his gaze, my eyes landing on an approaching figure. He must have a death wish. "Good morning Levi," Danny greets with a large smile before looking over to Levi with a slight nod, "Mr.Tanner." Louis scowls at the boy, his eyes shooting daggers into him as he glared. Well damn, if he didn't like the guy so much, why not just fire him?

"Hi Danny," I sighed out, feeling slightly surprised at the boys guts to approach me despite Louis being there mean mugging him. He glances over to Louis uncomfortably before doing his best to cover it with a smile. "I wasn't expecting to see you here again," he gave a small smile and I smiled back, attempting to ease his suffering a little. I glanced up at Louis with a smirk "Well you're going to be seeing me around here a lot more," I said and Louis grumbled something next to me.