Chapter Twenty: Breeder's Night Out

"Why do I get the feeling this is not safe?" I asked, cautiously observing our current surroundings. People continued to shoot us curious looks as we strolled down the part of town mom refused to let me step foot in. Harry strolled happily in front of me as I strolled behind him looking like a hen in a room full of wolves. Harry glanced back at me, rolling his eyes when he saw my frightened expression. "Calm down Levi! I won't let anything happen to you," he said with a soft smile. I looked his small little body up and down. His words gave me no reassurance.

This entire day, Harry has done nothing but dragged me around to multiple random places. He'd claim that it was because he wanted me to do any and everything to forget about Louis. He'd even took me to the Women museum, which I have no intentions of ever visiting again in my entire life.

"How could your tiny ass protect me fr-" "We're here!" He exclaimed, cutting me off. I looked up at the building with a long line of people waiting outside to get in, the thumping of music being heard from outside. Harry beamed up at the place as if it was the greatest thing ever made. "What is this place ?" I asked, a little afraid of the answer due to the way Harry beamed at the unfamiliar building. "You'll see when we get in there," he answered with a smirk and I gulped. He grabbed my hand, pulling me into the line of people.

I looked around nervously, Harry humming happily beside me as the line moves up little by little. "Do you come here often?" I asked Harry, looking for some way to start a conversation and blow away this nervousness. Harry smirked but didn't answer but I was sure by his entire demeanor that he did. "Not as much as I used to," he finally said and I shot him a funny look. "Not everyone was as lucky as you to get snagged up as soon as they came of age. There were people like me who had to wait," Harry nudged me playfully.

"Did you like Nate? I mean, when you guys first paired?" I asked. I didn't mean to seem nosy, but I guess I couldn't help but wonder how other people felt in these situation  " Well.. I didn't dislike him," Harry stopped to look at me, a small smile on his lips. "You hate them at first for barging into your life just to tell you what you can and can't do. Then slowly but surely,  you learn to like them. And when that like becomes stronger, it becomes love. I'm pretty sure that's something every breeder will experience," he finished and I nodded my head, biting my lip.

It's crazy how much he hit the nail on the head. I had done all that fighting and complaining about how much I hated Louis, yet here I am being jealous and butt hurt over every little thing he says. I should be happy that he was choosing Conrad over me, but why am I acting like an attention whore. I don't even know who I am anymore. I'm obviously slipping from who I used to be and becoming someone entirely different.

I felt a pat on my shoulder and was pulled out of my depressing thoughts by a smiling Harry. "Tonight, we won't think about anything. Well just have fun, alright?" He assured me and I nodded my head. He's right; I think I deserve to have a little fun for one night and not have to think about Louis. Harry pulled me along as the line began to move along.

"Harry!" the bouncer greeted when we made our way to the front. He wore a huge friendly grin on his face and it was obvious that the two knew each other personally. "I haven't seen you since you were paired with that rich guy. It's been years," the bouncer hugged Harry and he returned it. "I know. It has been a while," Harry said as he pulled away from the hug. He then turned his attention towards me. "Levi, this is my cousin Jerry. Jerry, meet my breeder in law, Levi," Harry introduced us and Jerry stretched out his hand for a shake. "Nice to meet you, Levi," the friendly giant said and I nodded with a smile, shaking his hand.

"So how's that provider of yours been treatin' ya?" Jerry asked. "Better than I deserve," Harry replied, a sly smile forming on his lips. "You see, my breeder in law here has been having some problems and we're here to let loose and have fun. So it would be lovely if you gave us the blue little wristband so that we could really enjoy ourselves," Harry said and I looked at him confusingly. Jerry stared at him as well, except his look was far more hard as if contemplating on whether aiding to Harry's request was a good idea.