Chapter Thirty Six: Dan The Man

What am I going to do?  It was the question that ran through my brain a hundred times as I stared into the blue orbs of the person standing in front of me. A huge part of me had dreaded for it to be Louis, but an even bigger part hoped for it to be him. Though the longer I stared into his eyes, the more I noticed that they lacked the certain chill that I had grown accustomed to which meant that I was safe.

"Levi?" Nate's voice had broken my thoughts and I quickly clamped my hand over his lips. "Levi is not here. You're seeing shit because, you know, you're crazy," I said, attempting to give my voice an airy, ghostlike tone but failing miserably. Nate removed my hand from his lips, cocking his head in question.

"I might be crazy, but I am not that crazy yet. What are you doing back here?" he asked and I looked around before pulling him into the room so I could shut the door. "Where's Louis?" I asked frantically as Nate still watched me with the same lost puppy look. "He went back to the car," he answered and I sighed with relief.

I pushed past Nate, walking out of the room to find Harry munching on a bowl of ice cream. I narrowed my gaze at him when his eyes finally shifted in my direction. "What?" he asked, the spoon hanging out of his mouth. "You could have told me that he had left," I groaned, storming towards him. "I forgot," he said with a shrug before popping another spoon full of ice cream into his mouth.

I sighed, walking towards the door. "Where are you going?" Nate called out and I turned my head. "I'm leaving," I called back but was stopped by a hand gripping my wrist. I looked back to see Harry holding me, his opposite arm still wrapped securely around the ice cream. How the hell did he move that fast?  "Louis is still down there. If you go now, he will definitely see you," he reasoned.

He was right. After all of the trouble I had gone through trying to hide, there was no way I was going to ruin everything by leaving and being spotted by Louis. I huffed, strutting over to the sofa and sitting down with my arms folded.

"Well you need to hurry and leave," I told Nate who had made his way behind Harry and wrapped his arms around him to rub his belly. "I think he can stay a little while," Harry giggled as Nate placed butterfly kisses near his ear. I scowled at their giggling form, wrapping my arms around one of the pillows that was sitting on the sofa.

"You guys disgust me," I huffed and Harry chuckled, placing a hand on Nate's cheek. "You're just jealous because you're not getting dick," Harry commented and I chucked a pillow at him, which Nate caught with ease. "Hey, try not to throw pillows at pregnant people," Harry complained and I rolled my eyes. "Try not to flaunt your love in front of lonely, heartbroken people," I grumbled, grabbing another pillow and burying my face in it.

"He's literally in the car. Go talk to him. You're the one whose procrastinating and making this so much more difficult than it has to be," Harry stated and I bit my lip. I guess it could be said that I am procrastinating, but it's already been established that I'm quite difficult.

Harry just doesn't understand. Going back to him would be admitting that he was right and acknowledging all of the things he said about me to be true. I refused to give him the satisfaction of seeing me crawl back. "Be quiet Harry or I'll kick your ass," I mumbled. Harry shrugged, leaning back into Nate who chuckled slightly.

"You know there's a lot that went down in the office while you were gone," Nate commented and I shot up, my eyes widening with excitement. He was obviously trying to change the topic of conversation and I was willingly falling for it. Somebody smells gossip. You got that right. There's nothing better than a little tea to soothe your nerves and Nate was about to spill it all.

"What happened?" I said, a grin slowly forming at my lips at the thought of the juicy information I was about to receive. Harry found amusement in my excitement, slightly shaking his head as he watched me with a smirk.