Chapter Thirty Five: Trapped in the Back Room

I bit my lip as I stared up at the building. The building where Harry lives. It had taken everything for me to muster up enough courage to finally face Harry and be prepared to answer all of his questions. Everything including a shove out of the house by Leonardo followed by the locking of every door and window so I wouldn't be able to get back in. He's such a wonderful brother, wouldn't you agree? I love him so much that I want to stab him.

I began pacing outside the building, looking up every so often before continuing once again. I can't believe I'm this nervous about talking to my friend, then again, Harry is a rather intimidating little shit. He's two times smaller than Louis, but two times scarier. I can practically hear that deep voice he takes up when he's angry now.

It only makes things ten times worst that I waited for such a long time to finally visit him and explain everything to him, but that was only because I wasn't entirely sure how I could go about talking to him. "Well, aren't you going to go up there?" I heard a voice say from behind me and I nodded, still looking up at the building.

I froze. That voice sounds awfully familiar. That's because it's the same one that has been haunted your thoughts for the longest. I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat. He was behind me. There was no doubt about it, so there was no way in hell that I could run away from it now. It was time for me to face the music.

I turned around slowly, a goofy grin on my face with the hopes that my smile will make him have mercy on my poor pregnant soul. Harry stood there in all his sassy glory, a hand on his hip as he sported his baby bump. He watched me with narrowed eyes, his cheeks slightly tinted pink with what I assumed to be anger.

"Harry, my favorite-" "Save it." he cut me off with that freakishly deep voice of his. Oh shit. He was pissed and I wasn't sure if it was 'break everything in your house' kind of pissed, or 'break the windows out your car and key your fresh new paint job' kind of pissed. Either way, both were pretty horrible and I wasn't planning on finding out which one he was feeling at the moment.

He walked past me swiftly, his hand never leaving his hip. Should I take this as an opportunity to get the fuck out of here? Yea, if you're suicidal. Good point. I don't want to go digging my own grave because that's exactly what I would be doing if I ran away. I jerked out of my thoughts to see watching me suspiciously as if he knew I was planning on running away.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," I waved him off, following him as he turned around and stalked into the building. Harry didn't say a single word on our way up and honestly, it freaked me the hell out. I didn't think it was possible for him to be quiet and this only fueled the fact that Harry was fucking pissed. It made me feel bad knowing that I made Harry this angry, and I regretted waiting this long to talk to him. I was inconsiderate of him as a friend.

When we had entered their penthouse, Harry went directly to the fridge and pulled out a bag of grapes. I watched from afar as he emptied the bag into a bowl and rinsed off the fruit. I could only stand there silently as he walked to his sofa and sat there, popping one of them into his mouth.

The silence continued as he ate his grapes and I stood in the same spot, simply watching him. I had to say something or I would go crazy from the tension. "Harry, I'm sorry," I broke the silence, watching him with pleading eyes. He didn't say anything as he ate another grape, looking down at the bowl as he chewed.

"I was going to call you.." I trailed off as I nervously played with my fingers. For some reason, I felt like a child trying to make up an excuse for why I did something bad. Harry watched me as he slipped another grape between his lips. "And why didn't you?" he finally said, his voice much softer now meaning that he had calmed down.