Chapter Twenty Seven: Baby Ritual

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Louis asked from the counter, the phone slightly pulled from his ear. I stared blankly at him from the far end of the complex, sitting idly on the huge plush chair that was closest to the glass window, aka wall. After much embarrassing begging, he had finally agreed to get it for me. I would have bought it myself, but you know, an unpaid internship doesn't really pay a lot. "I really can't concentrate with your blank staring," he smirked, his eyebrow quirking up in interest. I huffed, finally breaking my gaze and playing with the fringes of the pillow that laid on my lap.

"I think I better call you back Nate.  Something's telling me that Levi is going through a bitch phase at the moment," Louis said into the phone and I glared at him. He hung up the phone and watched me, minutes of us silently staring at each other that was surprisingly not awkward. "You look like you have something to say," Louis finally said and I shrugged. "You look like you want to listen to what I have to say," I replied and Louis' lips pulled into a small smile. "More or less. Depends on if I like what I'm about to hear," he leaned against the counter and I rolled my eyes.

"You know it's been 2 weeks," I mumbled and Louis head slightly tilted to the right. "Since?" He asked and my eyes narrowed. He obviously wanted to be a funny guy. "You know!" I yelled and Louis scratched his chin, seeming to actually ponder about the subject that I was obviously talking about. A look of realization crossed his face as a huge grin found his lips.

"Ohhh, but I recall a certain someone saying......" he placed a hand on his hip and stuck it out. " 'You're never going to tap this again,' " he said in a high pitched sassy voice, his hand moving with every word. I rolled my eyes again, trying to keep myself from laughing at Louis' pathetic imitation of me. "First of all, my voice is NOT that high. Secondly, I say a lot of things I don't actually mean," I grumbled and Louis laughed. "Yea, that's the truth," he muttered as he made his way to me.

He slid onto the chair with me, swinging his right leg over my lap and lazily wrapping his right arm around my neck. "You're heavy," I struggled and he groaned, tightening his arm that was around me. We sat there silently for a moment, me looking out the window while Louis' head was buried between my neck and shoulder. It's so crazy how natural this sort of thing feels for me now. Louis had forced himself into my life and heart, but I'm so happy he did.

"This is my chair," I finally broke the silence. Louis shifted to look at me, his eyes warm as they explored my face. It's amazing how the look in someone's eyes can change the way their entire face looked. He was handsome when his eyes were icy and cold, but this look suited him much more. It made him even more perfect, even more appealing and I was the only one in this world that he looked at that way.

"What's yours is mine , and what's mine is also mine," he said with a smile and I scoffed. He really wants to be a funny guy today. "That hair, those eyes, those lips and that ass your so proud of are mine. All mine," His eyes raked my body and I could feel my face heat up with embarrassment. I quickly turned away to compose myself  because my heart was currently racing.

"Stop flirting with me," I mumbled, my cheeks tinted pink as I avoided his gaze. "Neverrr," Louis growled out playfully before nipping my shoulder with his teeth. I flinched away and Louis gave a satisfied smirk at my reaction.

"Umm...Am I interrupting something," a voice said and both Louis and I jumped before turning towards a confused Axel. "Oh look. Your breeder-sitter is back," Louis commented and I glared at him before giving him a shove. "Don't start with that shit," I growled and Louis shrugged. Axel continued to stare at us like a lost puppy, obviously confused about Louis and my developing affection. I mean I wouldn't blame him; the last time he saw us, I was hating his guts and now here we are cuddling in a damn chair like a happy couple.