Chapter Thirty Three: An Eye for Observation

A pregnant Breeder without a Provider was the most disgraceful thing of all. What even happens to a breeder who has lost their provider? Do they get a new one? Are they cursed to spend the rest of their lives alone? It was so much simpler to be a provider. If you lose a breeder, you could just get a new one, but something tells me that the same thing doesn't apply vice versa. Those kinds of thoughts flooded my mind the entire way back to my parent's house. What would they say? I knew it would be a lot. They would probably be ashamed. I had just lost one of the biggest catches.

A dark car pulled up beside me as I walked down the street. The window rolled down, revealing Axel. His eyes was filled with pity, something I definitely didn't want to see at the moment. "Get in. I'll take you anywhere," he told me, but I ignored him and continued walking. "Levi please," he pleaded and I stopped in my tracks, looking over at him angrily.

"Did Louis put you up to this?" I shot at him, but he shook his head. "I'm doing this out of my own free will," he admits. I give him a skeptical look, unsure whether to believe his words or believe that he's only telling me what he thinks I want to hear. Axel seemed to notice my disbelief and he sighed.

"Believe it or not, I actually consider you more of my friend than a client. Plus..." he paused for a moment, unsure whether or not he should say his next thought. "Plus I know that you are pregnant."

I looked wide eyed at him, my bottom lip slightly quivering. "How..." "I heard you throwing up while Louis was at work. He had sent me to look after you. I know the symptoms of pregnancy. I just had a baby, for crying out. Whether  or not you choose to tell Louis is your decision though," he says and I looked down, biting my bottom lip to stop the dreadful quivering.

"But remember Levi: Louis has already lost a child. Please don't make him lose another." My head raised to meet Axel's gaze, a newfound confidence building up inside of me. "He can't lose what he didn't know he had," I stated sternly. Something flashed in Axel's eyes at that statement, but he quickly masked it.

"I understand just please let me take you home," he pleaded and I watched for a while before sighing in defeat. Axel was genuinely looking out for me, which I certainly appreciate. I hopped in the passenger seat of the car, quickly fastening my seatbelt and sitting back. Axel gave a small smile before switching the gear and pulling off.

The ride to my home was quiet, but not suffocating and tense. It gave me time to actually think about some things. How was my parents going to react?How was Louis feeling right now? Guilty? Still Angry? What was I going to do now? Just when I had finally accepted my fate as a breeder, something like this has to happen. I can accept being a breeder, but I refuse to accept that our existence depends entirely on the presence of a provider.

"Are you alright?" Axel had broke the silence and I looked towards him, seeing that we were now parked in front of my parent's home. The lights were on, meaning that they hadn't gone to bed yet. I nodded my head and unbuckled my seatbelt, opening the door and stepping out. "Thanks Axel," I told him with a smile and he tilted his head, returning the gesture.

I wave as he pulled off, swallowing the lump forming in my throat at what I had to do now. Last time I was here ended quite badly. I hope today won't end the same. It all depends on my father's attitude. I approached the door, letting out a deep sigh before I rung the doorbell.

I stood there for about thirty seconds, listening to the pounding of my heartbeat in my ears. I sucked in a breath as the handle twisted, the door opening slowly to reveal my mother. His eyes widened at the sight of me, and I couldn't do anything but give him a weak smile.

"I'm....home?" I said in more of a question, but I didn't know exactly what I should say at this moment. Immediately after the words left my lips, I was wrapped in a warm embrace, his arms tightening around my neck like his life depended on it. "I'm so glad you're here," my mother choked out, and I wrapped my arms around him, burying my face into his shoulder.